• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas - he's off ! - Oh no he Isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
As does the fact that Lucas was sent to train on his tod after initially turning the move down. None of which will of course make the slightest inroad into Modo's chosen stance.
Was that because Klopp was singling him out/punishing him for not agreeing to the transfer or because he was recovering from an injury and was training with a physio. Klopp may well see him as surplus to requirements though that doesn't mean he's desperate to get rid like he is with Balotelli.
The picture I seen looked like the coach/physio was closely monitoring the way he trained.

Last edited:
As does the fact that Lucas was sent to train on his tod after initially turning the move down. None of which will of course make the slightest inroad into Modo's chosen stance.
You do know that made it all up, huh?

Was that because Klopp was singling him out/punishing him for not agreeing to the transfer or because he was recovering from an injury and was training with a physio. Klopp may well see him as surplus to requirements though that doesn't mean he's desperate to get rid like he is with Balotelli.
The picture I seen looked like the coach/physio was closely monitoring the way he trained.

It was obviously the latter. When has Lucas ever been punished or rocked the boat?

The facts about Lucas is that he was working hard and was a model pro when he arrived. It frustrated me that he was picked as often as he was, but I guess he was rewarded for his work off the pitch and that the manager expected him to building on it. The season he got injured he looked the real deal. He was a monster in the start of the season and unfortunately he did not manage to reach that level after coming back. Unfortunately for us because he bossed many games against tough opposition.
For me he was a frustrating symbol to Rafas stubborness, but I will give him credit for the work he put down to reach that top level. I will also give him credit for representing true values which I respect; Hard work, no moaning and put the club first always. Never as good as players like Mascher or Xabi but defo better than Stewart and Poulson. And as I said, he has always respected the Liverbird upon his chest unlike i.e. Mascher. Gala will get a good man for pocketmoney if they pull a 2,5 M transfer, and it is easy to understand Klopp want him onboard if the alternative to him is Stewart in a tough semi in the FA Cup.

CpLpNRjWYAQKpGG.jpg:large

Last edited:
I can confirm he's definitely off.

Source is decent too, I just heard Lucas himself tell one of the coaches up at the LFC academy.

All done and dusted and out of the country in 'a few days'.

I can confirm he's definitely off.

Source is decent too, I just heard Lucas himself tell one of the coaches up at the LFC academy.

All done and dusted and out of the country in 'a few days'.

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. And if Lucas does go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if Lucas is still at Liverpool at the end of the transfer window, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Is your Source Elliot Bretland from the Daily Mail or Levent Nazifoglu?

Galatasaray have spoken to Lucas Leiva and he has asked for 'one more day' , reveals club board member

• Galatasaray have personally spoken to Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva
  • The Brazilian has asked for more time to make a decision on his future
  • Lucas is not agitating for a move but could leave for first-team football
By ELLIOTT BRETLAND
PUBLISHED: 15:52, 9 August 2016 | UPDATED: 15:57, 9 August 2016

Lucas Leiva has asked for a day to decide on a move to Galatasaray, according to a member of the club's board.
Levent Nazifoglu has revealed the Turkish giants have spoken to the Liverpool midfielder about a move this summer.
However, the Brazilian is taking his time over making a decision but may give an the Turks an answer by Tuesday night.
370962F800000578-0-image-m-14_1470754202174.jpg

Levent Nazifoglu, pictured with new signing Eren Derdiyok, confirmed Lucas is a target
'We've spoken personally with Lucas Leiva,' said Nazifoglu. 'He asked for one more day. The situation will be clearer by tonight.'

As Sportsmail reported at the start of August, Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is not actively looking to let Lucas go - and the player is not agitating for a move either.

My source is Lucas Leiva. I just heard him say to a youth coach "that's it, a few days and then we're all gone." He was standing with his wife and daughter, gesturing to them when he said 'we'. The fella wished him luck, shook his hand in a 'this is goodbye' fashion and then my lad had a picture taken with him.

Then he brought my lad down from behind just outside the car park.

One of the above sentences isn't true.

My source is Lucas Leiva. I just heard him say to a youth coach "that's it, a few days and then we're all gone." He was standing with his wife and daughter, gesturing to them when he said 'we'. The fella wished him luck, shook his hand in a 'this is goodbye' fashion and then my lad had a picture taken with him.

Then he brought my lad down from behind just outside the car park.

One of the above sentences isn't true.

I believe we may be having a pint or two tomorrow night Matthew?

You can show me the snaps then.

I believe we may be having a pint or two tomorrow night Matthew?

You can show me the snaps then.

Excellent news Peter, I had hoped Max Beesley would bring you along for some jars. Any Lee action as well?

I'll be a bit sad to see Lucas go.

I think most will be in some ways. I don't think anyone is desperate to push him out of the door, but he's not playing at a level high enough now to not be expendable.

If he's off, then I wish the best of luck - he's given Liverpool his very best over the last 9 or so years and deserves every opportunity to actually play in the last years of his career.

I think most will be in some ways. I don't think anyone is desperate to push him out of the door, but he's not playing at a level high enough now to not be expendable.

If he's off, then I wish the best of luck - he's given Liverpool his very best over the last 9 or so years and deserves every opportunity to actually play in the last years of his career.

Well said. The discussion about Lucas has been stretched to ludicrous extremes in both directions, but my guess is that a majority of us would be more or less in agreement with this.

I went to that it has indeed been a decade of longing for this day to come.... Arn has truly lost his mind.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Leiva ...Perhaps when Lucas refers to his family and him being gone in a few days, it's going to be to Norway, to be held captive in a cellar.

Lucas began his career as a box-to-box midfielder at Grêmio where he won the Campeonato Gaúcho in 2006 and 2007. In July 2007 he moved to Liverpool, where he developed into one of the league's premier defensive midfielders. Lucas has since made over 300 appearances for the club and won the League Cup in 2012. From 2010 to 2016 Lucas led the Premier League in tackles per game, five times in six seasons.[

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=nowrap|baseline|left}Years{/th}
{td=nowrap|baseline}Team{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}Apps{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}(Gls){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=nowrap|baseline|left}2005–2007{/th}
{td=nowrap|baseline}Grêmio{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}38{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}(4){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th=nowrap|baseline|left}2007–{/th}
{td=nowrap|baseline}Liverpool{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}222{/td}
{td=nowrap|baseline|right}(120){/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

I went to that it has indeed been a decade of longing for this day to come.... Arn has truly lost his mind.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Leiva ...Perhaps when Lucas refers to his family and him being gone in a few days, it's going to be to Norway, to be held captive in a cellar.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

I'm fairly sure it should read 'developed into one of the Premier League's midfielders'

@Matt insider insider..

We could obtain membership fees for this hot of the press information [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sixcrazyminutes.com Exclusive

You all heard it here first..

Rawk would go into meltdown with this inside info..

@Arn is in tears as we speak, watching Lucas goal against that non league team we played a few years back over and over again..

I suspect that quiffer from metro may be on here trying to steal this exclusive [emoji16]

It could potentially be the first article he writes for the Metro that turns out to be true..

Excellent news Peter, I had hoped Max Beesley would bring you along for some jars. Any Lee action as well?

Think so mate, just gotta work out the logistics but will see you there buddy.

Well said. The discussion about Lucas has been stretched to ludicrous extremes in both directions, but my guess is that a majority of us would be more or less in agreement with this.
Agreed - best wishes Lucas a true legend for his long term service.

I don't think there really is a problem with that. Not many people would argue, aside from his very biggest detractors, against him continuing the role that he's always had - a squad player who will be available to cover injuries, certain games, etc.

The reaction here really is because Arn and Modo repeatedly overstate his worth - "the best tackler in the Premiership", "he's the best we've got, ergo he's untouchable", etc. It's the assumption that his longevity is down to consistency and absolute quality, which we all know is rubbish.

The fact is, he's been a hero of circumstance really, we've seen a perfect midfield whither away under the collapse of Rafa's reign and the farce of Hodgson, Dalglish thought he could promote Spearing into a similar role so didn't buy. Rodgers didn't believe in playing with an orthodox DM and used Lucas sparingly, and Klopp has more or less done the same. He's been lucky in that sense, but he's also been a perfect professional and a good guy to have around the squad, he loves the club and clearly doesn't want to leave, so that's commendable and he deserves a bit of luck.

I think half the bile he gets thrown towards him these days is just a retaliation to the shite that Arn comes out with.

38 games last year.

Rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom