• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ludicrous Rumours P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't buy his big toe for that.

We could sell his big toe, and keep the rest of him. Wouldn't make any difference to his performance level.

If we sold his entire leg and he had to start using a motorised wheelchair it might improve him. Be quicker anyway.

We could sell his big toe, and keep the rest of him. Wouldn't make any difference to his performance level.

If we sold his entire leg and he had to start using a motorised wheelchair it might improve him. Be quicker anyway.

haha

We're only going after Karl Robertson once Moreno shows signs that he accepts his future is not at Liverpool. This just boggles me, why do we need to wait for the airhead of a player to accept his fate when it's obvious he'll never be a better player nor one we need.

I expect it's down to the money men.

Incidentally, do you mean Andrew Robertson, the guy from Hull City, or have I missed some new rumour?

We're only going after Karl Robertson once Moreno shows signs that he accepts his future is not at Liverpool. This just boggles me, why do we need to wait for the airhead of a player to accept his fate when it's obvious he'll never be a better player nor one we need.
Of course the club have made a statement to that effect right.

Do you mean Andrew Robertson?

The Express report Bryan Swanson from Sky Sports asked Alexis during a presser for Chile: “Alexis, I’m from Sky Sports, what are the chances of you staying at Arsenal?

Sanchez replied: “I don’t know my friend, I don’t know.”

Would Arsenal lose money to sell him abroad (Bayern?) or will they take the 50-70 million from City/Chelsea?

The Express report Bryan Swanson from Sky Sports asked Alexis during a presser for Chile: “Alexis, I’m from Sky Sports, what are the chances of you staying at Arsenal?

Sanchez replied: “I don’t know my friend, I don’t know.”

Would Arsenal lose money to sell him abroad (Bayern?) or will they take the 50-70 million from City/Chelsea?

The former. Strengthening a rival would arguably cost them as much, anyway.

I've read that Wolves made a 20mill offer that's been accepted.
Surely not! If we aren't after him, especially at that price, we're fucked.

Neves' agent is Jorge Mendes (have we ever had one Mendes client on our payroll?)
Wolves' managers is Mendes' client.
Fosun owns Wolves. Mendes owns Gestifute.
Fosun subsidiary owns part of Gestifute.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ndes-wolves-influence-chinese-owners-signings
[article]When Wolverhampton Wanderers unveiled as their new coach Nuno Espírito Santo, the first client of the globe-bestriding Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes, the club denied that Mendes had garnered an excessive influence in their transfer dealings.

Wolves’ managing director, Laurie Dalrymple, acknowledged that Mendes was a “known associate” and friend of the club’s Chinese owner, but said it would be against football rules for an agent to be in charge of recruitment. Mendes’s role is advisory, he said: “Someone, because of the friendship with the owners, that we take opinions and advice from.”

Mendes’s relationship with the Fosun conglomerate, which bought the club last summer from the house-building magnate Steve Morgan, goes beyond friendship and advice: they have a business partnership and Mendes has been central to Fosun’s moves into football.

He is understood to have helped identify Wolves as a prospect to buy, when like other Chinese investors Fosun followed China’s president Xi Jinping’s call in 2015 for the country to expand its football power at home and overseas. The former Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, who has worked with Mendes for years including in a company buying third-party ownership stakes in players, is understood to have acted for Fosun in negotiating the Wolves takeover.[/article]
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...er-fosun-jorge-mendes-gestifute-a7472016.html
[article]Wolverhampton Wanderer’s controversial ties to Jorge Mendes’ Gestifute agency have been approved by the Football Association.

Wolves were bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International in July for £45million, months after Mendes sold a stake in Gestifute to a Fosun subsidiary. Mendes then oversaw Wolves’ transfer market activity this summer.

This link between Fosun and Mendes raised concerns that Wolves were in breach of the FA’s intermediary regulations. In the section relating to ‘conflicts of interest’, the regulations state that intermediary organisations “shall not have an interest in a club”, and that a club “shall not have any interest in the business or affairs of an….intermediary’s organisation.”

Last November, Mendes sold a 20 per cent stake in his world-famous Gestifute agency, with ties to Jose Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez, to Foyo Culture and Entertainment, a Fosun subsidiary. This was announced as part of a major partnership between Mendes and Fosun.[/article]

Last edited:
Don't believe it. No way is this guy going to play in the championship. Media just using the tenuous links Choperman gave to make a case !

Neves' agent is Jorge Mendes (have we ever had one Mendes client on our payroll?)
Wolves' managers is Mendes' client.
Fosun owns Wolves. Mendes owns Gestifute.
Fosun subsidiary owns part of Gestifute.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ndes-wolves-influence-chinese-owners-signings
[article]When Wolverhampton Wanderers unveiled as their new coach Nuno Espírito Santo, the first client of the globe-bestriding Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes, the club denied that Mendes had garnered an excessive influence in their transfer dealings.

Wolves’ managing director, Laurie Dalrymple, acknowledged that Mendes was a “known associate” and friend of the club’s Chinese owner, but said it would be against football rules for an agent to be in charge of recruitment. Mendes’s role is advisory, he said: “Someone, because of the friendship with the owners, that we take opinions and advice from.”

Mendes’s relationship with the Fosun conglomerate, which bought the club last summer from the house-building magnate Steve Morgan, goes beyond friendship and advice: they have a business partnership and Mendes has been central to Fosun’s moves into football.

He is understood to have helped identify Wolves as a prospect to buy, when like other Chinese investors Fosun followed China’s president Xi Jinping’s call in 2015 for the country to expand its football power at home and overseas. The former Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, who has worked with Mendes for years including in a company buying third-party ownership stakes in players, is understood to have acted for Fosun in negotiating the Wolves takeover.[/article]
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...er-fosun-jorge-mendes-gestifute-a7472016.html
[article]Wolverhampton Wanderer’s controversial ties to Jorge Mendes’ Gestifute agency have been approved by the Football Association.

Wolves were bought by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International in July for £45million, months after Mendes sold a stake in Gestifute to a Fosun subsidiary. Mendes then oversaw Wolves’ transfer market activity this summer.

This link between Fosun and Mendes raised concerns that Wolves were in breach of the FA’s intermediary regulations. In the section relating to ‘conflicts of interest’, the regulations state that intermediary organisations “shall not have an interest in a club”, and that a club “shall not have any interest in the business or affairs of an….intermediary’s organisation.”

Last November, Mendes sold a 20 per cent stake in his world-famous Gestifute agency, with ties to Jose Mourinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez, to Foyo Culture and Entertainment, a Fosun subsidiary. This was announced as part of a major partnership between Mendes and Fosun.[/article]

I guess all of this means that if we or one of the other "big" clubs were trying to sign Neves, the price would be very different. £20M is "in-the-family" price.

He played just 13 league games for Porto last season, has he really gone that much of the boil?
What a coup for Wolves and the Championship though, even if the fee is outrages for that division and the deal dodgy.

Mendes should be banned from football all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom