• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Madrid get Real over Suarez swoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oncy doesn't mind differing opinions, he just despises people who have a touch of arrogance that their opinion is right.

Opinions cannot be right.

Unless they're mine.

Whilst I do think Higuan is overrated, I'd hardly be upset if we signed him! We won't though :(

I wouldn't be upset either, but the tabloid army on here won't have it if you are not acting quite the ecstatic loon over their latest "good idea".

I have had to argue with Oncy over which were better, Scott Dann or Agger/Skrtel, and he called me all sorts as I wouldn't have his stupidity back then either and he then probably pulled Bendtner into the debate back then as well.

There are NO shades of grey!

God you lot are thick sometimes.

The Bendtner question I raised was meant as a cheeky back-up signing on a FREE whilst Higuain would cost +20M.

The Argie is easily the better player of the two without doubt, although a different type, but that doesn't mean one rules our the other, simpletons.

When we are to splash the cash then you'd better get hold of a player that actually takes you a giant leap forward otherwise we'll keep ending up with the likes of Carroll, Downing etc. who's good but perhaps not quite what we were looking for, especially not with their prize in mind.

Sanchez would give us cover all over the front line, he's fast, quick and perfectly suited for Rodgers style. Higuain, despite being a good striker, not a world class one mind, doesn't. He'd play much the same spot as Sturridge or compete with whomever being brought in to fill the no. 10 spot. And that, imo, would be a waste of a lot money as he's not going to improve us remarkably. Actually I wouldn't swap him with Sturridge at all. Would you?

Not that he isn't good but we could find players more suited, is this to hard to understand?

@Oncy you really have to learn not become a complete prick every time someone dares to be of a different opinion of you. Especially as you are shifting opinions as we other changes clothes, hence, you very often act the prick on here.
37162448.jpg

Oncy doesn't mind differing opinions, he just despises people who have a touch of arrogance that their opinion is right.

Unless they're mine.

I don't know if my opinion is right, it's just my opinion, and all I've been saying is that I'd prefer a Sanchez over Higuain?

Should we buy Higuain and he'd prove to be great then GREAT, but how on earth are we likely to have any kind of debate on here if there's only black and white in every argument?

HE*S WORLD CLASS, YOU ARE ALL OUT OF YOUR F*CKING MIND IF YOU DON'T THINK IT TOO. BLAH BLAH.

The Bendtner question I raised was meant as a cheeky back-up signing on a FREE whilst Higuain would cost +20M.

The Argie is easily the better player of the two without doubt, although a different type, but that doesn't mean one rules our the other, simpletons.

When we are to splash the cash then you'd better get hold of a player that actually takes you a giant leap forward otherwise we'll keep ending up with the likes of Carroll, Downing etc. who's good but perhaps not quite what we were looking for, especially not with their prize in mind.

Sanchez would give us cover all over the front line, he's fast, quick and perfectly suited for Rodgers style. Higuain, despite being a good striker, not a world class one mind, doesn't. He'd play much the same spot as Sturridge or compete with whomever being brought in to fill the no. 10 spot. And that, imo, would be a waste of a lot money as he's not going to improve us remarkably. Actually I wouldn't swap him with Sturridge at all. Would you?

A few points Mr. K --

1) He wouldn't cost us money - it would be x0 million + p/e ... So he wouldn't cost ... That being said, 20 million on him if we're losing Suarez is a very good deal. He is a fantastic striker

2) I don't get why you don't think Higuain can play on either side of the front '3' in the 4-3-3. Sanchez is a striker, like Higuain, who prefers to play up front (as he did with Udinese) and as he did plenty of times with Barca. However, he's utilized on the 'wing' (the front 3) ... Higuain can do the same thing ... and like Sanchez, has the fitness and physical strength to play ROdgers' pressing system (when needed).

He's better than Sturridge ... and doesn't get injured.

You're underestimate how good Higuain is ... and he'll be cheaper than Sanchez most likely ...

And bendtner wouldn't be good for us even if he paid us money

You might be right. And I might be wrong. But that's kind of the idea about having a debate, changing arguments. If we all where to mean and think the exact same all the time how dull would it not be?

I am not afraid of being proved wrong, at all. It's kind of annoying to get all kind of insults thrown at you however just because you are of a different opinion than whatever the chosen flavor of the day on here is.

Not that he isn't good but we could find players more suited, is this to hard to understand?

@Oncy you really have to learn not to become a complete prick every time someone dares to be of a different opinion of you. Especially as you are shifting opinions as we other changes clothes, hence, you very often act the prick on here.

If Bendtner wasn't Danish you wouldn't give a fuck about him, we've been here and done this. You're dismissing one player who's record (despite being on the fringe of things) is quite brilliant, while advocating the purchase of a player who's roundly recognised not only as an utter cunt, but a bit shit too.

As someone said earlier, you know your football Kris and I always value your posts regarding players, particularly up and coming ones, but you've got a massive bias blind spot when it comes to your own.

A few points Mr. K --

1) He wouldn't cost us money - it would be x0 million + p/e ... So he wouldn't cost ... That being said, 20 million on him if we're losing Suarez is a very good deal. He is a fantastic striker

2) I don't get why you don't think Higuain can play on either side of the front '3' in the 4-3-3. Sanchez is a striker, like Higuain, who prefers to play up front (as he did with Udinese) and as he did plenty of times with Barca. However, he's utilized on the 'wing' (the front 3) ... Higuain can do the same thing ... and like Sanchez, has the fitness and physical strength to play ROdgers' pressing system (when needed).

He's better than Sturridge ... and doesn't get injured.

You're underestimate how good Higuain is ... and he'll be cheaper than Sanchez most likely ...

I may do that. I may underestimate him and he might prove to be a world class player for us.

He'd cost exactly as much money as we'd agree to lower our asking prize with on Suarez.

Higuain, whenever I've seen him on the wing, has looked much less industrious when in central and no, I wouldn't swap him with Sturridge, whom I believe has got more flair, better technique and quicker feets than Higuain.

From the times I've watched Sanchez with Chile and Udine he's looked his sharpest when utilized on the wing. He's by no means a stationary player and he'd roam over most of the pitch but I believe Coutinho has got some of the same traits why they'd be lovely to have in the same team. Higuain is by no means as adaptable and mobile as Sanchez, imo, but far more of an out and out striker.

He may be slightly cheaper than Sanhez, but imo, for a good reason, and even more so when looking at the team we are trying to build.

Liverpool will consider bidding for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke should Luis Suarez force through his move to either Real Madrid or Atletico.

Benteke, 22, is set for further talks over his future once he returns from international duty with Belgium.
Atletico, Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund are also interested but Villa want him to sign a new deal.
The forward hit an impressive 19 goals in 34 top flight games this term and added four assists.
He was the stand-out performer in a mediocre Villa side and without him the Midlands outfit might not have been able to avoid relegation.
At times he single-handedly hauled them through games and grabbed countless valuable goals.
A brace against Liverpool, a hat-trick against Sunderland and the winner against relegation rivals QPR were some of the most crucial.

I may do that. I may underestimate him and he might prove to be a world class player for us.

He'd cost exactly as much money as we'd agree to lower our asking prize with on Suarez.

Higuain, whenever I've seen him on the wing, has looked much less industrious when in central and no, I wouldn't swap him with Sturridge, whom I believe has got more flair, better technique and quicker feets than Higuain.

From the times I've watched Sanchez with Chile and Udine he's looked his sharpest when utilized on the wing. He's by no means a stationary player and he'd roam over most of the pitch but I believe Coutinho has got some of the same traits why they'd be lovely to have in the same team. Higuain is by no means as adaptable and mobile as Sanchez, imo, but far more of an out and out striker.

He may be slightly cheaper than Sanhez, but imo, for a good reason, and even more so when looking at the team we are trying to build.

I'd rather we took the money, but it's the second best deal on the cards, I just think we'll get stung even more so if we take a player-plus-cash deal, because they'll inevitably overvalue the makeweight.

If Bendtner wasn't Danish you wouldn't give a fuck about him, we've been here and done this. You're dismissing one player who's record (despite being on the fringe of things) is quite brilliant, while advocating the purchase of a player who's roundly recognised not only as an utter cunt, but a bit shit too.

As someone said earlier, you know your football Kris and I always value your posts regarding players, particularly up and coming ones, but you've got a massive bias blind spot when it comes to your own.

Did you miss the spot where I said Higuain was easily the better player?

Anyways you are right with regards to Bendtner that I have followed him closer because he is Danish. It also makes me think, deluded as I am perhaps, that I pretty much know his strengths and weaknesses, why I sometimes have been of the opinion that he could be a clever signing for us.

I MAY HAVE GOT THAT ONE WRONG.

Ok?

Did you miss the spot where I said Higuain was easily the better player?

Anyways you are right with regards to Bendtner that I have followed him closer because he is Danish. It also makes me think, deluded as I am perhaps, that I pretty much know his strengths and weaknesses, why I sometimes have been of the opinion that he could be a clever signing for us.

I MAY HAVE GOT THAT ONE WRONG.

Ok?

OK! ;)

Good goals, good striker. You'd have him over Sturridge then or as for competition?

I'd play this lad besides Sturridge and Coutinho and our new AM.

Another question, I am the only person who thinks Benteke is hugely overrated and would be a big fat waste of money at £20million?

Another question, I am the only person who thinks Benteke is hugely overrated and would be a big fat waste of money at £20million?

I think he's looked extremely good and strong this Season, but I also believe we'd be well stupid to place that amount of money based on just one Season. And again not sure he fits the bill either in terms of our preferred style.

Although tempting, I doubt it.

I doubt we're buying an AM, but anyway. I just don't see it when we've got Gerrard and Coutinho, I know you're probably still thinking = Eriksen, but I'd be surprised if it's a priority, it was pretty obvious towards the end of the season where Rodgers sees Coutinho in the longterm.

I am not going to talk about let alone mention he who shall not be named on here until hopefully he's become a red, I do however very much believe the AM spot is a priority regardless of whether Suarez stays or not.

Personally think we lack some creative spark in the middle of the park and whilst Gerrard offers goals from midfield, we really could do with another threat in that area too.

Unless they're mine.

I keep reading this on here and elsewhere on the net, and - sorry - it's bollocks. Of course opinions can be right or wrong - it's the function of debate to point out why. The fact that everybody's entitled to them doesn't mean they're all equally justified.

I've only seen higuain play well through the middle, never the wing. He does a job there.

I keep reading this on here and elsewhere on the net, and - sorry - it's bollocks. Of course opinions can be right or wrong - it's the function of debate to point out why. The fact that everybody's entitled to them doesn't mean they're all equally justified.
Opinions can't be right or wrong.

They can be backed up by evidence to give them more value, but they can't be correct. When an opinion is based in fact it's more likely to be right, but ultimately it's subjective if that evidence is to be believed.

Least that's what I think anyway

Of course if an opinion is so steeped in fact, it's less of an opinion and more of a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom