• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City v Liverpool Match Thread CHAMPIONS league

Status
Not open for further replies.
qzN8Evu.jpg

Had a funny exchange today with the same Chelsea fan I met at my lad's football class. He told me when we signed him that Salah was a 'one trick pony' - Needless to say the twat has been avoiding me in every way since. School drop off and pick up etc. Anyway today I bumped into him in the shops and we got chatting about the game. It's weird how some delusional folk can spin a 5-1 (agg) victory as a 'fluke' - Silly tit. I told him that 'well at least you won't have to worry about these things next season' with a smug wink and grin. He absolutely thinks I'm a cunt and I couldn't be happier about it! :)

Had a funny exchange today with the same Chelsea fan I met at my lad's football class. He told me when we signed him that Salah was a 'one trick pony' - Needless to say the twat has been avoiding me in every way since. School drop off and pick up etc. Anyway today I bumped into him in the shops and we got chatting about the game. It's weird how some delusional folk can spin a 5-1 (agg) victory as a 'fluke' - Silly tit. I told him that 'well at least you won't have to worry about these things next season' with a smug wink and grin. He absolutely thinks I'm a cunt and I couldn't be happier about it! :)

I knew it... They have a fan! I just knew it.

Worth the wait...

Lovely stuff Brendan.

Yep, Cave Troll stood out for me. I'm picturing a cartoonish version of Lovren with a club in his hand swatting away little blue shirted humans.

Wow. Imagine coming into that at your own stadium after what you saw at ours? Why would anyone sign for those twats if they have an ounce of pride. Oh yeah, filthy oil money. Fuck them, fuck their little plastic flags, and fuck their shite fans up the hoop.

Don't forget the classics (embedded in my signature):
In fairness club loyalty aside he'd be an idiot to choose us over City if they come calling. Better team, better football, better defence, better tactics, better coach, guaranteed silverware and more money. It's not even a remotely difficult choice for him - Dreambeliever, December 27, 2017

Last edited:
More like a cozy atmosphere. Waving plastic flags to an old Beatles tune....

And even THAT is a fabricated bit of history. They claim (incredibly belatedly) to sing Hey Jude because it accompanied them winning the title in 1968. It didn't. They won the title in May 1968. Hey Jude wasn't released until August 1968. So their claim to a Scouse song is false. Hand it back!

I see we've been charged again for throwing objects on to the pitch.

Pep also charged for the sending off and for communicating with the bench in the second half.

I see we've been charged again for throwing objects on to the pitch.

Pep also charged for the sending off and for communicating with the bench in the second half.

Wasn't that City supporters? It was blue flares wasn't it?

Portly IS related to Vlad's Quiff. In a way he's Vlad's Quiff's quiff. If anyone has a right to quiff, it's Portly.

Portly IS related to Vlad's Quiff. In a way he's Vlad's Quiff's quiff. If anyone has a right to quiff, it's Portly.

Yes @Vlads Quiff is my little younger brother. I am going to Aintree with him tomorrow although I don't know one end of a horse from the other.

And no, it wasn't me who quiffed!

Footy365's 16 conclusions:

[article]Despite the fear of their first-half performance, getting to half-time only one goal behind was crucial to Klopp’s plan. He knew that the longer the game went with City needing two or more goals, the more his side could hope to spring a surprise.

After all, this is Klopp’s side in their element. They have regularly been undone by teams who have sat deep and soaked up pressure, hitting Liverpool on the counter, with their record against weaker teams at Anfield coming in for particular scrutiny earlier in Klopp’s reign.

But when a team is forced to come onto Liverpool, leaving Salah and Firmino against two defenders every time the ball is sprung forward, they should expect danger. The more City needed to push forward, the more likely it was that Liverpool would score.[/article]
[article]The only way the Egyptian could score from that angle was to chip the ball over the diving Otamendi and into the far corner. To demonstrate the composure to pull that off in training would be impressive, but to take the touch and perform the dink in the heat of this situation was extraordinary. No wonder they wanted him back from injury so badly.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom