• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 11 - Manchester City - Home - PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy as fuck today.
Lovren
Wijnaldum
Alisson

Gini
Gomez (a couple of errors but look who was up against : Sterling, Aguero, Mendy and then Sane and Jesus, and he still got forward to put in a couple of good crosses) !!
Allison

VvD (even with conceding a penalty), Robbo, Hendo and Lovren all had very good to excellent games.

Gini
Gomez (a couple of errors but look who was up against : Sterling, Aguero, Mendy and then Sane and Jesus, and he still got forward to put in a couple of good crosses) !!
Allison

VvD (even with conceding a penalty), Robbo, Hendo and Lovren all had very good to excellent games.
Pretty shameful not to have Degs in your top 3.

Pretty shameful not to have Degs in your top 3.
He was nowhere near as busy as Gomez or Gini and Alisson made a couple of match saving saves. Degs played very well, I did say he had an excellent game, but he was not as important or involved as those three (unless multiple passes along the back line counts as 'being involved') ;) IMHO of course.

Gini
Hendo
Gomez

VVD and Lovren missed out because one gave a stupid peno away and the other tried his best to do so (despite both playing very well otherwise).

Gini
Gomez
Lovren

I thought Gomez was the best i have ever seen him in that position. He essentially bought all that CB toughness into that tight back position. Have noticed fewer negative comments regarding that right back position today plus he showed good pace withi far quicker decision making than TAA.

Don't know how Lovren gets in there when he was a questionable decision away from giving a pen away. For how good him and VVD were, both of them could have cost us the game. So neither are getting in my top three. And Gomez was constantly indecisive and putting us under pressure.

Gini
Henderson
Allison

It seems that a defender must be disqualified from Man of the Match for making one mistake, while midfielders and forwards can make dozens of misplaced passes and missed shots on goal, without incurring this automatic disqualification. Van Dijk and Lovren had great games and deserve to be included.

Wijnaldum
VVD
Lovren

VVD would have easily got my MOTM up until his fuck up
Lovren was very lucky with his pen and also got nutmegged late on to put us under a lot of pressure.

Despite the central defenders both having some major fuck ups, I think they still did enough to beat out Henderson, Allison and Gomez, who were the other best players. The attack was essentially toothless and not really in contention.

I think you have to give City credit for their hard work in marking our attackers and blocking off the channels we usually attack down.
It's true to an extent, but we didn't even hit any shots from range or even make their goalkeeper work. I think the absolute least we can expect from any home game is that the opposition goalkeeper should have to make a save, especially if we want to be considered title contenders.

It's true to an extent, but we didn't even hit any shots from range or even make their goalkeeper work. I think the absolute least we can expect from any home game is that the opposition goalkeeper should have to make a save, especially if we want to be considered title contenders.

I agree that against City, we weren't likely to be able to walk the ball into the net, and there were too few shots attempted.

Apart from sturridge against chelsea... i dont think we do shots from outside the penalty area anymore. Before sturridge the only one i can remember is Can against Huddersfield from last season...and yes I remember last seasons goal by Ox against City. But thats it ...i think.

Apart from sturridge against chelsea... i dont think we do shots from outside the penalty area anymore. Before sturridge the only one i can remember is Can against Huddersfield from last season...and yes I remember last seasons goal by Ox against City. But thats it ...i think.
Salah in the same game ...

Ox scored two goals against City from outside the box last season, didn't he? One in the league and one in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom