• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 12 - Huddersfield Town - Away - PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomez I thought he was a shining light in a turgid festering sea of vomit and shit and piss.

Milner because he wasnt utter shit

Robertson.

The number of passes put astray was horrendous; Salah, Sturridge, Firmino, Gomez. Lovren and Robertson the worst offenders.

No-one really deserves anything but I'll go :

Shaqiri : rarely if ever gave it away and was always constructive, didn't get on the ball enough though.
Alisson : well he got a clean sheet bonus didn't he ?
Fabinho : liked what he did for his cameo and as everyone else was shite that promotes him from a reserve player to third.

Winnie, because he played like the senior pro when he came on and brought some coolness and discipline to the side.

Shaq, because he was one of the few who didn't keep giving away possession, and he played pretty sensibly.

VVD, because he was generally calm and did his usual good job controlling the defence.

It was a strange game. I didn't think we were that far from a more decisive win, and the number of times the through ball hit someone's heels, or just failed to arrive, was amazing. But there were also some idiotic decisions, trying to nutmeg defenders when a simple pass would have created a chance, trying back heels and tricks when again the simple pass was likely to set someone up - it was quite exasperating. Huddersfield were treated too kindly by the ref - they got away with some neanderthal challenges - and I thought the stupid John Beck strategy of having towels for the home team throw-ins while denying the opposition the same option had been blocked some years ago - but bloody hell we need to be much more clinical.

Shaqiri
Gomez
VVD

They kept the ball and tried to make use of the space. Love Gomez driving into space
..just dont understand why many of our players just dont drive forward when there were huge gaps in front.

Why no love for Alisson / Becker (whatever we're gonna call him)

My vote would be:

Shakiri
Gomez
Becker

Why no love for Alisson / Becker (whatever we're gonna call him)

My vote would be:

Shakiri
Gomez
Becker

I wanted to but I think he is just doing what we expect a goalkeeper to do at a top side. Our goalkeeper is normal now as opposed to 'what the fuck' and to be honest there were no saves you could call that were world class or brilliant in that game. He did what we expect of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom