• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 12 - Real Madrid - Home - CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morse

Very Active
Honorary Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29362811

Top 3 please.

Liverpool

22 Mignolet
02 Johnson
37 Skrtel
06 Lovren
18 Moreno
14 Henderson (Can - 67' )
08 Gerrard
24 Allen
31 Sterling
45 Balotelli (Lallana - 45' )
10 Coutinho (Markovic - 67' )

Substitutes

01 Jones
04 K Touré
09 Lambert
19 Manquillo
20 Lallana
23 Can
50 Markovic

Thanks.

Johnson - did a great job for most if the match against currently the best player in the world.
Coutinho
Lovren

How the fuck can Coutinho not be in your top 3 Mark?!
I thought he did fuck all. He hit the post and that's it for me. His closing down was mostly shocking, he didn't try and run to support balo in the first half.

He did some nice skills but offered little

Coutinho
Sterling
Johnson

I'd include Can and Lallana, but the game was gone at that stage, so it was a lot easier for them to look decent.

Coutinho
Lallana
Sterling

I also thought Balotelli did ok. I thought Johnson was awful. Especially the 2nd goal. Twice, not once, but fucking twice he fucked up during the build-up.

Coutinho
Lallana
Sterling

I also thought Balotelli did ok. I thought Johnson was awful. Especially the 2nd goal. Twice, not once, but fucking twice he fucked up during the build-up.

I agree. Johnson was just sloppy. You would have expected him to raise his game for the occasion.

People who dismiss Balotelli as "lazy" are indulging in Ron Atkinson-style stereotyping. He has done plenty of running since he joined the club, the problem is the delivery of the end-product which may change.

Why was Johnson at LB for their 2nd goal when the cross came in? What the fuck was he doing not closing down Kroos?

I agree. Johnson was just sloppy. You would have expected him to raise his game for the occasion.

People who dismiss Balotelli as "lazy" are indulging in Ron Atkinson-style stereotyping. He has done plenty of running since he joined the club, the problem is the delivery of the end-product which may change.

I don't accept that, Ports. Someone who, like Balotelli (currently at least), runs when it suits him and not otherwise seems to me to be fully deserving of being called lazy. The Ron Atkinson reference is a dangerous one - if you're alleging racism, as one or two others have, bring forward your evidence.

Why was Johnson at LB for their 2nd goal when the cross came in? What the fuck was he doing not closing down Kroos?

Not only was he at LB meaning he wasn't there to stop Kroos' cross, but he did a shite job of being the LB when the ball came in too head it away. AND in the lead up to the ball getting to Kroos he basically airshotted a clearance when the ball was there for him to clear. V poor all round and those praising Johnson are doing it thinking that because Ronaldo was largely quiet that it was because of GJ when it was just that they didn't need much urgency as we were the masters of our own downfall. He is shite.

1. Coutinho
2. Lallana
3. Can

Good analysis of Johnson's part in their 2nd goal. I wasn't impressed by him at all. Time for Manquillo to take over.

Not only was he at LB meaning he wasn't there to stop Kroos' cross, but he did a shite job of being the LB when the ball came in too head it away. AND in the lead up to the ball getting to Kroos he basically airshotted a clearance when the ball was there for him to clear. V poor all round and those praising Johnson are doing it thinking that because Ronaldo was largely quiet that it was because of GJ when it was just that they didn't need much urgency as we were the masters of our own downfall. He is shite.

I said he fucked up twice. I never even thought of him being out of position. So yeah, 3 times in 1 move. That's really something.

Result: Game 12 - Real Madrid - Home - CL

1. Coutinho......................................248 votes.................................5 points
2. Sterling........................................192 votes.................................3 points
3. Lallana..........................................78 votes..................................1 point.
No clean sheet bonus.
YNWA, Est1892, IK and BR had it as above.
6CM had Lallana 2nd and Sterling 3rd.
TLW had Sterling as MOM, with Coutinho and Lallana.
ST had Sterling as MOM, with Coutinho and Gerrard.
Current table:
1. Sterling.......................4MOM.........32nd.........................................29
2. Henderson.................1MOM.........42nd........23rd...........................19
3. Lallana........................3MOM........................23rd...........................17
4. Moreno.......................1MOM.........12nd.......23rd..........................10
5. Coutinho......................1MOM........12nd...........................................8
6. Mignolet......................1MOM........................23rd........1CSB.........7.5
7. Manquillo.......................................22nd...........................................6
8. Allen............................1MOM............................................................5
9. Balotelli..........................................12nd...........................................3
10.Gerrard..........................................................23rd...........................2
11.Enrique..........................................................13rd............................1
12.Lovren...........................................................13rd............................1

Thanks for voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom