• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 38 - West Ham United - Away - PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morse

Very Active
Honorary Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26807039

Top 3 please.

Liverpool

• 22 Mignolet
  • 02 Johnson
  • 38 Flanagan
  • 08 Gerrard
  • 37 Skrtel
  • 17 Sakho
  • 10 Coutinho
  • 14 Henderson
  • 15 Sturridge
  • 31 Sterling
  • 07 Suarez
Substitutes

• 01 Jones
  • 04 Kolo Touré
  • 09 Iago Aspas
  • 12 Moses
  • 20 Cissokho
  • 21 Lucas
  • 24 Allen

Thanks.

Gerrard
Lucas
Sterling

Glad someone else mentioned Sterling. While the centre backs handled Carroll well, I thought Sterling's role in the second half in helping us retain possession by either holding the ball up, winning it, recycling it or passing it safely was crucial in helping to reduce the stress on the backline. No ball for West Ham midfielders = no threat from Carroll. We really stepped up in the second half with Lucas, Henderson, Sterling and Gerrard all playing a vital role in that area.

Glad someone else mentioned Sterling. While the centre backs handled Carroll well, I thought Sterling's role in the second half in helping us retain possession by either holding the ball up, winning it, recycling it or passing it safely was crucial in helping to reduce the stress on the backline. No ball for West Ham midfielders = no threat from Carroll. We really stepped up in the second half with Lucas, Henderson, Sterling and Gerrard all playing a vital role in that area.

For me, I don't really think Sterling was consciously trying to retain possession. He just looked really tired to me.

He found a second wind in the last 5-10 minutes though which was crucial.

Gerrard
Henderson
Skrtel

Praise also for Sakho who made an impeccable return to the team.

Gerrard
Lucas
Suarez

I also thought Sakho was excellent too on his first game back. His defending was top notch and his on the ball work was brilliant. A close 4th for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom