• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United Fans attack sponsors (online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Manchester United have missed out on a proposed new training kit deal worth £200m over 10 years after the Manchester-based company The Hut Group had concerns about the supporters’ campaign to boycott the club’s commercial partners in protest at the Glazers’ ownership, the Observer understands.

Richard Arnold, United’s group managing director, was told on Friday that THG had pulled out of a contract which was due to start on 1 July."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ning-kit-deal-over-fans-anti-glazers-campaign

You love to see it.

"Manchester United have missed out on a proposed new training kit deal worth £200m over 10 years after the Manchester-based company The Hut Group had concerns about the supporters’ campaign to boycott the club’s commercial partners in protest at the Glazers’ ownership, the Observer understands.

Richard Arnold, United’s group managing director, was told on Friday that THG had pulled out of a contract which was due to start on 1 July."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ning-kit-deal-over-fans-anti-glazers-campaign
Misleading.. they make out as if the deal was either £200m higher than the next highest bidder. Or that there were no other bidders.

The problem is that the owners of teams like Chelsea, PSG and Man City have made it that the expectation is that, to compete, all owners have to plough hundreds of millions of their own money in to remain competitive.

FSG aren’t taking huge amounts of money out of the club (unlike say, the Glazers) - they are seeing the value of the club rise, but that only benefits them if they sell.

As much of a shit show as the ESL was, it’s at least understandable that FSG would look to increase & protect revenues that could be reinvested in the club alongside of growing the clubs worth and making some money for themselves.

At the end of the day - who’s actually going to buy a club like Liverpool? Serious investors (ask Bradley) generally buy when something is undervalued or they feel they can add additional value - not when something is at peak value. City, PSG & Chelsea we’re not purchased with return on investment in mind - at least money wise.

I have a tendancy to hold half the conversation in my head and then persume that everyone know what it is that I am driving at. What you are saying is in many ways pretty much what I was eluding to.... FSG did not buy the club because the Love liverpool, of love football for that matter. It is purely and investment, one were then will spend as little as possible, hoping to get as greater reward as possible, and once it reaches what they regard as top value, they will sell. OK it may not happen for many years, but it will.

Hence why I believe that The Salah/M'bappe scenario I painted originally (The one were Salah is sold to fund M'bappe purchase) is a very real possibility with these guys none the less

I have a tendancy to hold half the conversation in my head and then persume that everyone know what it is that I am driving at. What you are saying is in many ways pretty much what I was eluding to.... FSG did not buy the club because the Love liverpool, of love football for that matter. It is purely and investment, one were then will spend as little as possible, hoping to get as greater reward as possible, and once it reaches what they regard as top value, they will sell. OK it may not happen for many years, but it will.

Hence why I believe that The Salah/M'bappe scenario I painted originally (The one were Salah is sold to fund M'bappe purchase) is a very real possibility with these guys none the less

Who do you think might be interested in buying Liverpool Football Club, and why would they buy it?

Ah yes - the unspecified bidder from the Middle East - what could possibly go wrong.

Think that those bidder from the Middle east have be far more forward in putting their money where there mouth is than the Americans, place they understand footbal more, and are happy with the whole promotion/relegation thing...

So yeah! what could go wrong

Think that those bidder from the Middle east have be far more forward in putting their money where there mouth is than the Americans, place they understand footbal more, and are happy with the whole promotion/relegation thing...

So yeah! what could go wrong

Eh?

You are hanging from a Cliff by one arm. slowly lossing your grip, You will not survive the fall... Death beckens
Suddenly a strong arm reachs over the edge and starts to pull you up.
You look up and It is a Grizzly bear that is saving you from the fall to certain death...

Is that one of those stories where a wild animal who has been shown kindness by a human in the past and is returning that kindness,or is it that that Grizzly is simpley viewing you as a meal that will be wasted if you fall to your death...?

We where hanging over that cliff, after H&G, and barely clinging on. So when FSG bought the Club and saved us from going under most ever supporter viewed them as savoirs and the owners that clubs should have, Owners with the culb at there heart.

I warned elsewhere at the time that we should be careful how we view them, that they may not be the knights in shining armour that most supporters are making them out to be....

You are now see the direction in which FSG wants to take our club... simply put "We are the meal"

You're not really comparing what FSG have done with our club since buying it to what those two cunts did when they had it, are you..? 'Coz from 'your death by fall or death by eating?' bit, it sounds like you are.

I was
You're not really comparing what FSG have done with our club since buying it to what those two cunts did when they had it, are you..? 'Coz from 'your death by fall or death by eating?' bit, it sounds like you are.

I was questioning the motives behind FSG buying the club... Then Fact of where we were, and the fact that because of where we were that near enough over look the things that you would expect a normal owner to do, invest in the club. and that means when needed to put their hands in their pockets, and back the manager...
Yes it is a noble aspiration to want the club to be self sufficient, but all business run on hard times, and when we do they should help out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom