• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manager of the season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Anyone seen the ridiculous campaign in the media to give Wilder the manager of the season award?

Wilder has done a great job, but FFS what more can you ask of Klopp really?

We have won the big one this year, possibly the biggest points tally and could be invincible too. Klopp will be remembered for decades to come. When he recollect our football experiences in 20 years time, will anyone care about a manager of the year award?

Anyone seen the ridiculous campaign in the media to give Wilder the manager of the season award?

Wilder has done a great job, but FFS what more can you ask of Klopp really?
Wasn't that just brian dean (an ex sheff utd) player who was spouting that though didnt Ipswich get team of the season by finishing 5th the season after promotion to the prem despite us winning the treble that season

Wasn't that just brian dean (an ex sheff utd) player who was spouting that though didnt Ipswich get team of the season by finishing 5th the season after promotion to the prem despite us winning the treble that season
Lee Dixon too

If (huge if) he manages 4th with that side then in my opinion he's deserving of the award as much as Klopp is.

We were 1 of 2 favourites for the title, they were favorites to go down.

There are a few managerial awards post season aren't there? I think both will end up winning something.

Wilder has done an astonishing job, and in a season less spectacular from Liverpool he would probably in with a good chance, but Klopp winning 5 manager of the months, which is a record in itself, will almost certainly guarantee him the MOTY.

If Liverpool go unbeaten with a record points tally which is entirely possible at the minute, and Sheff Utd get top 4, both are amazing achievements but not really comparable.

They're doing well but it's a bit like giving Poch the award during the year Spurs challenged Leicester for the title innit? Impressive, sure but nobody's gonna remember them if they can't sustain that sort of rise (if they ever finish top 4 this season at all too!).

Klopp hates individual awards and would prefer it went to wilder who has done a fantastic job, so why should we care?

I think it's fair enough to give Manager Of The Season to the manager who's brought about the biggest improvement at his club, whether or not that leads to trophies as such, and IMO there would be a tenable argument for giving it to Wilder (assuming their form doesn't collapse meanwhile) on that basis. Klopp would be unlucky not to get it, but I very much doubt he gives a flying one either way.

Ok. Then by that logic, why isn’t Wilder cleaning up every month? Nonsense. Klopp deserves it end of.

Ok. Then by that logic, why isn’t Wilder cleaning up every month? Nonsense. Klopp deserves it end of.

Bilgewater. The fact that Wilder isn't cleaning up every month doesn't mean he shouldn't. It means only that they don't want to give it to the same person all the time.

Chris Wilder's just a modern iteration of Paul Jewell. League cup finalists in their first season and dubbed the Scouse Special One oooh, look where he is now. So in demand after his 2 Manager of The Month awards with Wigan.

I like Wilder. He is unfashioned but has his team working hard for each other and actually dictate games by their own game and not just by establish a few more lines of defence like Dyche. If anything he should win the "Uniteds" manager of the year even if Leeds finally get that promotion.

I think it's fair enough to give Manager Of The Season to the manager who's brought about the biggest improvement at his club, whether or not that leads to trophies as such, and IMO there would be a tenable argument for giving it to Wilder (assuming their form doesn't collapse meanwhile) on that basis. Klopp would be unlucky not to get it, but I very much doubt he gives a flying one either way.
There have been umpteen cases of a newly promoted side doing well, very well even. However comparable to a record breaking season ? Regardless of whatever is also on the table at the end of the year you can't begin to compare them. One is a once in a generation or three performance, the other happens every 3-4 seasons.

I like Wilder. He is unfashioned but has his team working hard for each other and actually dictate games by their own game and not just by establish a few more lines of defence like Dyche. If anything he should win the "Uniteds" manager of the year even if Leeds finally get that promotion.

Leeds are defo going to fuck it up again

Why isn't this just worked out by tallying manager of the month awards for the season?

There's fuck all else to talk about so they're discussing manager of the season with a third of the season (ish) still to go. Astonishing

Manager of the season always used to automatically go to the manager of the league winners. Is that not the case anymore?

I remember they didnt even change that in 1989 when George Graham got it, when it should obviously have gone to Kenny for the work he did after Hillsborough.

Erm. Except they are giving it to Klopp repeatedly. Checkmate.

Good point, but a pound to a penny says they'd still prefer not to, and there's still a large minority of awards to go. I did say originally that Klopp would be unlucky not to get it BTW. Where you and I differ is on the question whether giving it to Wilder would constitute a total brainf@rt if Sheffield keep on the way they're going. I don't agree that it would.

WRT to Wilder, any other season he would be a deserving candidate. What he's done with Sheffield is nothing short of incredible. Anyone remember the discussions over Dyche deserving it over Pep a couple of years ago? Problem with this type of award is that its relative. Wilder has been next level. But klopp.... fucking hellfire theres not a comparison worth having. He's dominating the sport this season.

Wilder 100% deserves recognition, but not at the expense of genuine, unparallelled brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom