• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the fume when we signed Mane?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Tbf we've been pretty shit at signing Africans. You know Diao, Diouf, El zhar, Traore, Assaidi, Itandje etc.

Even if you make the distinction that some are dual citizens it won't really matter cause we've just been shit at signing players of African descent generally.
Add Balotelli to that too.

Matip, Mane and Grobbelaar are our only successes I think.

Tbf we've been pretty shit at signing Africans. Diao, Diouf, El zhar, Traore, Assaidi etc.
Even if you make the distinction that some are dual citizens it won't really matter cause we've just been shit at signing players of African descent generally.
Add Balotelli to that too.
Matip, Mane and Groebblaar are our only successes I think.
I wouldn't call matip a success yet.

I would, especially in comparison to the bunch I just mentioned.
Being the best of a shit bunch hardly means he's good. Not convinced by him in the air or physically. Seems to have the head of a 50p piece.

Being the best of a shit bunch hardly means he's good. Not convinced by him in the air or physically. Seems to have the head of a 50p piece.
I think you're being very harsh. Of course he has flaws, but he's still quite young for a CB he will get better.

I think you're being very harsh. Of course he has flaws, but he's still quite young for a CB he will get better.
Nah i think he will get better, just saying we can't call him a success yet. I think he will become a successful signing with a better partner than Lovren.

That's nonsense. The overall state of our defence has meant that Matip's expected to be the mainstay of it even while he himself is still settling in, which would test any player (it will certainly test van Dijk if we do manage to get him). He'll be fine.

Matip is probably one of the coolest defenders in the league under pressure, very technical and certainly not clumsy.
What he can work on is being even more aggressive and dominant.

Matip is probably one of the coolest defenders in the league under pressure, very technical and certainly not clumsy.
What he can work on is being even more aggressive and dominant.

Or he needs to have an aggressive and dominant partner next to him, so his coolness becomes even more of a strength...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom