• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Marcelo Pitaluga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say, he looks really impressive. Now Alisson should have plenty of years left in him. So, here's hoping that we can do a Courtois with this guy.

We've already got Caoimhín Kelleher, who's rated more seriously than any other young LFC keeper I can remember, so it was hardly an area that needed strengthening at that level. I guess it's a moneyball decision.

Whats the latest on Kelleher, he was talked about as a very serious prospect. When Karius and Ming were shipped on I assumed he would be promoted but then we signed Adrian and Lonergan. Now he seems to be further down the pecking order than he was 12 months ago.

If Adrian is committed to another season then we really should be sending him out on loan.

We've already got Caoimhín Kelleher, who's rated more seriously than any other young LFC keeper I can remember, so it was hardly an area that needed strengthening at that level. I guess it's a moneyball decision.

This guy has come on Allison's (or his peoples) recommendation, hasn't he?

This guy has come on Allison's (or his peoples) recommendation, hasn't he?
Alisson's brother who plays as a GK for Fluminese. Apparently, Alisson has also trained with this kid and rates him highly.

Also, Pearce says Achterberg pushed for this strongly having personally scouted Pitaluga at the u-17 World Cup.

Whats the latest on Kelleher, he was talked about as a very serious prospect.

They're giving him games for the under23s, which is great in this day and age where most reserve keepers just vegetate on the bench every week. He was MOM yesterday against Everton. The plan is to let Adrian go pretty soon and then promote this lad.

Here's Andy Lonergan on him:

Ex-Liverpool goalkeeper Andy Lonergan has hailed the ability of third-choice stopper Caoimhin Kelleher, but argued that he needs to go on loan to develop further.

The 36-year-old largely served as a training goalkeeper, allowing the likes of Alisson and Adrian to rest between games and providing his younger team-mates with invaluable experience.

One of those he worked closest with was Kelleher, who stepped up as Jurgen Klopp‘s third choice in 2019/20, making the matchday squad for 16 games, featuring in four of those.

But at 21 and with little experience of senior football so far, Lonergan believes the Irishman—who is part of “the new generation of goalkeeper”—would benefit from a loan move this summer.

“He’s a brilliant ‘keeper, he’s the new generation of goalkeeper. I’m the old generation but he’s so fast,” he told the Liverpool Echo.

“He’s unbelievable, he’s like a central midfielder with the ball at his feet but he can make saves and is brave. He’s got the lot.

“The only thing he is missing is games. John [Achterberg], Jack Robinson, me and Caoimhin all speak about it.

“He’s not got any experience but I know a lot of keepers with experience who aren’t as good as him. It’s a tough one for him. He needs to play games.

“I presume the plan for him is to go out on loan because no-one is getting past Ali!”

Adrian will surely go at the end of the season. That frees up a bench slot.

Judging just from that compilation, he's better than Kelleher, Grabara or anyone else in our youth GK squad.

Whats the latest on Kelleher, he was talked about as a very serious prospect. When Karius and Ming were shipped on I assumed he would be promoted but then we signed Adrian and Lonergan. Now he seems to be further down the pecking order than he was 12 months ago.

If Adrian is committed to another season then we really should be sending him out on loan.

Why would you send the guy that was past his prime and happy to sit on the bench out on loan?

EDIT: Never mind. I think you mean Kelleher

I don't know about that. Grabara's compilation is pretty impressive.

The greatest strength and weakness of Grabara is that he's as mad as a hatter - ridiculously brave/reckless, leading him to go for saves that will either be sensational or else a quick means to take a snoozy trip on a stretcher. He's fascinating to watch for that reason, but also at times a bit alarming.

Isn't that just a video of Grabara's howlers?

Yes. But he's got a decent career ahead of him. He played 51 games in the last calendar year, which was great experience for him, and did pretty well. As I said, he's the type of keeper who goes right in where the boots are flying to make a save, so it's no surprise his progress keeps being disrupted by injuries. He needs lots more coaching to improve his decision-making, but he's definitely got something that makes him stand out from most of the other keepers you see at that level.

Kelleher, however, is really seen as the real deal at Melwood - way more serious a prospect than Danny Ward was ever considered. If he doesn't become the recognised number two to Becker then we'll probably never produce a keeper via the reserves.

Strange signing given Kellehers competence in AB's absence. Is it farming young talented players or some lip service to AB who's brother supposedly recommended him to the club ?

I've barely seen Kelleher play, but I'm surprised he's so highly-rated given what I have seen. I must have caught him on his bad days.

The people within the club who highly rate him have the additional issue of also rating Mignolet and Karius at one time. If I were the director of football, taking my chances with someone's brother's recommendation of a friend of a friend would seem like the better bet.

[article]Fluminense fans are furious over the sale of Marcelo Pitaluga to Liverpool.

The Mirror reports Pitaluga has left Fluminense to complete his Liverpool transfer - and sparked a furious response from fans back in Brazil.

The Brazilian club have confirmed a fee has been agreed with the Reds for the 17-year-old goalkeeper as he flies to pen personal terms and complete his medical.

The deal will cost them up to £2million but is set to initially cost only £1million - and Fluminense fans are enraged by the loss of one of their top talents.

A group of supporters took to their club HQ to protest against recent sales, prompted to act by news of Pitaluga's departure.

Pitaluga is set to sign a three-year deal with Liverpool having a 25% sell-on clause if he moves on elsewhere in the future.[/article]

[article]Alisson Becker's brother says the Liverpool goalkeeper must have contributed to the Reds' decision to sign teenage stopper Marcelo Pitaluga.

Pitaluga trained with both Alisson and Muriel Becker at the start of the year, having also been Muriel's teammate at Brazilian side Fluminense.

Muriel insists that Pitaluga has moved to the Reds on merit.

Yet he admits that Alisson's links with the player meant that it is likely his brother was consulted over the player before the Reds opted to sign him.

Speaking to the Brazilian media, Muriel said: "I believe Alisson must have contributed with what he saw. Pitaluga is there on his merits. Liverpool had been watching him for a long time.

"We know closely the potential he has, the great goalkeeper he is and, even more, what he will achieve. In addition to the four lines, he’s an excellent boy, from a good family, down to earth, he’s not dazzled, he works hard.

"I’m sure he’ll make history in football. We got very happy with that. I’m also happy that he will be a teammate of Alisson, who will be able to help, accompany him.

"He’s a boy who loves to learn, is always listening and working. I’m very happy with his success, he deserves it."

Fluminense confirmed the player's departure on their official website, with Executive Director of Football Paulo Angioni saying: "The athlete is still going through a maturation process and would be used in the medium term.

"The club has Muriel, Marcos Felipe and João Lopes, in addition to Pedro Rangel, highly praised for the preparation of goalkeepers. We continue with a percentage, in addition to the solidarity mechanism."

Pitaluga added: "I am very grateful to Fluminense. It was 10 years in the club, from futsal, passing through Xerém, until reaching the professional.

"I have always been treated very well and had all the necessary assistance for my development, both personally and as an athlete. This opportunity that came up will be very important to me. It was a unique opportunity, mainly for having a European passport."[/article]

Alison ... Muriel ... what’s wrong with their parents [emoji3]

Alison ... Muriel ... what’s wrong with their parents [emoji3]
Alison is named after his dad, Alice. They couldn't think of a suitable derivation of his mum's name, Butch, for their second son so named him after the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom