• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be like old times. No matter how well Kelly plays, he will be dropped for the next match

obviously roy doesn't hold a grudge. 4 liverpool players, 2 liverpool players on stand by and the liverpool captain given the england armband.

I was the first to say Johnson was a shite right back and a waste of money and that Kelly was better. Where are all the posters who said the opposite? Where are you cos I said the opposite. Told you so.

I'm still here Sheik. Glen Jo was back then and still is our best option at RB and all the lazy, jumpy pundits wanting to hop on a fad and claim Johnson is a weak link have been shown up for most of the season.

Kelly is a great player and wonderful back up but no way is he a better player. I think Rafa overpaid for him hugely though no worse than Kenny has for Carroll. But the fact is he's got good control - in fact he's one of the best players we've got running witht he ball. A lot of this has to do with the astonishing fact in this day and age that he can use both feet.

I'd like to know a little more on that ridiculous statistic of 42 in 72 games as well. I'm willing to bet that a reverse statistic would be something like winning or drawing 50 out of 72 games. :rolleyes:

I think Kelly has different strengths compared to GJ...and it's a question of what attributes you want in your Full Back...

As players there is not a lot between, and both are quite injury prone. Kelly actually makes Agger look bullet proof.

Kelly's a really average full-back. Anybody who thinks he's better than Glenjo in that role hasn't a fucking scooby.

Been saying this all season, the simple fact is that because Kelly is from Liverpool and a product of the academy everyone see's him as being three times as good as he is. That and the fact too many people have bought into the shit the English media have said in the past about him being a defensive liability. He's a brilliant full back, Kelly's decent with a good future ahead of him, but he doesn't have anything on Glenjo.

Kelly is on the way to becoming a Liverpool legend, I rate him very, very highly but he has to move to CB soon.

Glenjo is a top right back with an obvious slight flaw defensively BUT if he was at Barca or Real Madrid we'd be wanking over him. Considering he hasn't had a legitimate (and consistent) right-midfielder playing in front of him for his whole LFC career he has done very well for us.

I'm still here Sheik. Glen Jo was back then and still is our best option at RB and all the lazy, jumpy pundits wanting to hop on a fad and claim Johnson is a weak link have been shown up for most of the season.

Kelly is a great player and wonderful back up but no way is he a better player. I think Rafa overpaid for him hugely though no worse than Kenny has for Carroll. But the fact is he's got good control - in fact he's one of the best players we've got running with the ball. A lot of this has to do with the astonishing fact in this day and age that he can use both feet.

I'd like to know a little more on that ridiculous statistic of 42 in 72 games as well. I'm willing to bet that a reverse statistic would be something like winning or drawing 50 out of 72 games. :rolleyes:
^^^
This.....Wizard is on the money!

Glenjo doesnt get the benefit of the doubt. Yes he makes the odd mistake but show me a defender who doesn't. Let's not forget that he has had no right midfielder of note to help out or form a decent partnership.

Kelly may well develop into a better RB in the future, but he is not the better player as things stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom