• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Maxi Rodriguez on loan for rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=38216.msg1035960#msg1035960 date=1263666792]
by the time he gets in the box, there's a terminator in goal.
[/quote]

haha that's actually quite funny.

It's Benitez who's got the fetish for slow players. I can only assume that he only ever saw Torres in video replays of his goals.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=38216.msg1035956#msg1035956 date=1263666509]
He is slower than evolution

By the time he gets past his fullback, the crowd have developed a third eye and telepathy

[/quote]

Hahaha

*cries*

I don't really get the obsession with 'having' to have lightning-quick players in the side. Sure it's nice to have the odd speed merchant, but I'm far more concerned with just getting the right player, rather than some crazed need for them to be super fucking quick. Look at the Chelsea, United and Arsenal sides - bar one or two exceptions (Walcott, Valencia, etc etc) they're all much of a muchness.

Gerrard, Torres and Glenjo are all more than quick enough. We've had plenty of lspeedy players over the last few years that have just been shit.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38216.msg1036274#msg1036274 date=1263697348]
I don't really get the obsession with 'having' to have lightning-quick players in the side. Sure it's nice to have the odd speed merchant, but I'm far more concerned with just getting the right player, rather than some crazed need for them to be super fucking quick. Look at the Chelsea, United and Arsenal sides - bar one or two exceptions (Walcott, Valencia, etc etc) they're all much of a muchness.

Gerrard, Torres and Glenjo are all more than quick enough. We've had plenty of lspeedy players over the last few years that have just been shit.
[/quote]

Torres is lightening.

And its not about being to fast but Christ our entire squad those three aside are slow as f*ck. Yossi can dribble thats his saving grace.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=38216.msg1036422#msg1036422 date=1263733556]
Please don't call players "lightning". It makes you sound like Jamie Redknapp.
[/quote]

So he's the only person to call a player lightning?

Don't be ridiculous.

[quote author=Piedro link=topic=38216.msg1036405#msg1036405 date=1263730903]
cf - Djibril Cisse
[/quote]

I wish he'd been playing yesterday Piedro.

[/quote]

That is true, my theory is a top player in the prem needs three facets pace, touch and a football brain. Dependant on the other two facets being strong, some can manage with two.

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=38216.msg1036706#msg1036706 date=1263776494]

[/quote]

That is true, my theory is a top player in the prem needs three facets pace, touch and a football brain. Dependant on the other two facets being strong, some can manage with two.

regards
[/quote]

I was watching Everton v Man City.

I don't think many or any of Everton players were quick. But their thinking was quick and passing was quick and their touch, movement and control was good. They played fantastic football.

We need those kind of players. Kuyt like in stamina but control and movement like Yossi/Torres/Gerrard

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=38216.msg1036739#msg1036739 date=1263785171]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=38216.msg1036706#msg1036706 date=1263776494]

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

I don't think many or any of Everton players were quick. But their thinking was quick and passing was quick and their touch, movement and control was good. They played fantastic football.

We need those kind of players. Kuyt like in stamina but control and movement like Yossi/Torres/Gerrard
[/quote]

:eek:

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=38216.msg1036743#msg1036743 date=1263785446]

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

:eek:
[/quote]

hahaha, and the problem is all three of our players were injured leaving us with only stamina!

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=38216.msg1036748#msg1036748 date=1263786462]
so everton have a team full of players that combine the best attributes of kuyt, torres and gerrard?
[/quote]

Only for that game skully.

They raised their game big time. Fellani looked like Xabi for the game. Donovan, Cahill and Jagieka ran their legs off. Saha was almost like Torres. PN was assured. Their goalie was calm like Reina. Their touch and control was good. It was a fantastic game, sad to say it was played by our most despised (apart from ManU) team.

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair, we probably already have 'those kind of players'. We just can't string two passes together right now, and we've been here for prolonged periods of every season. 9 of the players who played against Reading were in the side that battered Newcastle at St James' Park last year, playing good passing football.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=38216.msg1036788#msg1036788 date=1263801932]

[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair, we probably already have 'those kind of players'. We just can't string two passes together right now, and we've been here for prolonged periods of every season. 9 of the players who played against Reading were in the side that battered Newcastle at St James' Park last year, playing good passing football.
[/quote]

Goes to show where has all the confidence and belief gone! Once our passing games click, we do not need a team of 10 Usain Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom