• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Michael Owen Speaks Out Against "Minorities"

Prefix for Poll Threads

Club Legend or Judas Twat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved Owen when he was with us. The cup final v Arsenal will always be a great memory. Didn't he leave us late in the transfer window giving us little chance to bring in a replacement?.....

No it was ok actually, we got 8M for him rather than the 25M+ he was probably worth then, and we also got Antonio Nunez from R.Madrid as a thank you gift.

No it was ok actually, we got 8M for him rather than the 25M+ he was probably worth then, and we also got Antonio Nunez from R.Madrid as a thank you gift.

The one thing people are not aware about is that Real Madrid were favourites to sign Xabi Alonso in 2004.

The deal was as good as done.

But then Everton lowered the valuation on Thomas Gravesen and Madrid opted to go with him as he was the cheaper option - after blowing 20m each on Woodgate & Walter Samuel in the same window.

Had Everton not lowered their price, Xabi Alonso would have been a Madrid player.

The one thing people are not aware about is that Real Madrid were favourites to sign Xabi Alonso in 2004.

The deal was as good as done.

But then Everton lowered the valuation on Thomas Gravesen and Madrid opted to go with him as he was the cheaper option - after blowing 20m each on Woodgate & Walter Samuel in the same window.

Had Everton not lowered their price, Xabi Alonso would have been a Madrid player.

What's this got to do with anything?

Owens comments are refreshing from staid comments usually made by ex footballers make. He won’t make any new friends but does offer a unique insights.

Owens comments are refreshing from staid comments usually made by ex footballers make. He won’t make any new friends but does offer a unique insights.

He's not really saying anything (regarding Newcastle) that we didn't already know, but I suppose this very public spat with Shearer is good for book sales*.

*If you're an idiot

The resentment he still has for beckham is interesting, even after these years. Makes me wonder what our squad were thinking about karius after the Madrid game.

The resentment he still has for beckham is interesting, even after these years. Makes me wonder what our squad were thinking about karius after the Madrid game.

At least Beckham had opportunities to make it up to fans of England and United by his subsequent displays.

Anyway, if this is all he's got - some widely known snark with Shearer; the obvious fact he didn't want to join Newcastle and doesn't like them and being a bit annoyed about Beckham getting sent off - then I dread to think what else the book is padded out with.

Maybe some film reviews?

"Chapter 11 - Cool Runnings.

It's mad, but apparently this is based on a true story! As far as documentaries go, this was quite good. It had some jokes and I liked the bobsleigh parts, but I got bored eventually and they didn't even win, so what was the point?"

At least Beckham had opportunities to make it up to fans of England and United by his subsequent displays.

Anyway, if this is all he's got - some widely known snark with Shearer; the obvious fact he didn't want to join Newcastle and doesn't like them and being a bit annoyed about Beckham getting sent off - then I dread to think what else the book is padded out with.

Maybe some film reviews?

"Chapter 11 - Cool Runnings.

It's mad, but apparently this is based on a true story! As far as documentaries go, this was quite good. It had some jokes and I liked the bobsleigh parts, but I got bored eventually and they didn't even win, so what was the point?"

This is just culture snobbery of the highest order.

Its naieve to expect a pro footballer, who shown dedication to make it to European footballer of year to be fan of the proms or some other shit you think makes him normal

This is just culture snobbery of the highest order.

Its naieve to expect a pro footballer, who shown dedication to make it to European footballer of year to be fan of the proms or some other shit you think makes him normal

You're an idiot

The only interesting thing to come out of this is that Shearer seemingly fancied a move to us. I'd have much rather we signed him than Micky Owen with his hamstrings in tatters.

The only interesting thing to come out of this is that Shearer seemingly fancied a move to us. I'd have much rather we signed him than Micky Owen with his hamstrings in tatters.

At the time of these rumours Alan Shearer was 33 years old.

So fuck that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom