• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Midfielders other than Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get to fuck. You think so? I'd be shocked. I could see up to 90k and think that's still decent value.

120k seems high to me, although I could be wrong. Depending on the length of the contract, given what a decent midfielder costs in transfer fees, could still be good value.

Milner was being paid £140,000 a week when he moved to us on a free, and that was 8(?) years ago. You are living in the past.

Milner was being paid £140,000 a week when he moved to us on a free, and that was 8(?) years ago. You are living in the past.

He was coming from the defending league champions, where he helped them win a lot of medals and was already well paid.

Tielemans is coming from a broke ass Leicester who might yet get relegated.

He was coming from the defending league champions, where he helped them win a lot of medals and was already well paid.

Tielemans is coming from a broke ass Leicester who might yet get relegated.
He's an attacker, and on average they go for more money
He's plays for the no 1 ranked international team in the world ( or they were anyway, I ain't arsed enough to check)
Leicesters financial situation is utterly irrelevant, nor is the their league position
There is a endless supply of ambitious teams in the prem with rich owners that will want a free transfer for a player like that
It is standard, as happened with milner, for free transfers to get paid extra money in wages as a reward for not costing a transfer fee.

You're living in the past

There is something a bit strange about Tielemans and that he hasnt moved on from Leicester yet. He has been linked away for the last 12-18 months for a relative low fee and there has been no takers.
That said, he has impressed me greatly with his work rate in the games I've seen lately. His passing ability is already one of the better in the league imho. Its just a bit weird.

Think we can do better but if I wouldnt be against the signing if we strike out on other targets.

There is something a bit strange about Tielemans and that he hasnt moved on from Leicester yet. He has been linked away for the last 12-18 months for a relative low fee and there has been no takers.
That said, he has impressed me greatly with his work rate in the games I've seen lately. His passing ability is already one of the better in the league imho. Its just a bit weird.

Think we can do better but if I wouldnt be against the signing if we strike out on other targets.
He just looks flabby

Only issue I have with Tielemans is his lack of energy/stamina….but he does possess qualities none of our midfielders have, like shooting from range and isn’t his injury record extremely good? Looks like he’s only missed 10 games or so in 4 years.

I would be happy with Jude and another CM, or CB

We are not going to solve all our promblems in this summer transfer window. Might take two or three seasons, but Jude is a step in the right direction and given his age could be with us for 10 years plus. So and important piece of the jigsaw.

I’m still of the opinion that Macallister and Caicedo have signed contracts with some kind of view, clause, agreement, whatever to leaving in the near future. Probably one to Chelsea and both beyond what we’d like to spend though.

I’m still of the opinion that Macallister and Caicedo have signed contracts with some kind of view, clause, agreement, whatever to leaving in the near future. Probably one to Chelsea and both beyond what we’d like to spend though.
-Chelsea have bought enough players for two transfer windows, their priorities in the summer will be to offload players. They're asking for £70m for Mount who will have one year left on his contract. Come Jan, they'll take £20m.

True i forgot how ridiculous their spending spree was. Mount would be a great pickup for that sort of price but the only problem is that it’s also been reported that he’s looking for silly wages, not something we usually offer.

-Chelsea have bought enough players for two transfer windows, their priorities in the summer will be to offload players. They're asking for £70m for Mount who will have one year left on his contract. Come Jan, they'll take £20m.
Only 2?!?!? More like 4 & in our case about 8.

They signed 8 players ffs.

True i forgot how ridiculous their spending spree was. Mount would be a great pickup for that sort of price but the only problem is that it’s also been reported that he’s looking for silly wages, not something we usually offer.
So he will go to Newcastle then. I really wouldn't care if we missed out on him.
This summer window, I'd like them to sign players that say mid-table club or smaller league club might sign. These would be relatively low value signings, like Robbo, Tsimikas etc...
Examples are Alex Scott, Reo Hatete, and Gift Orban. Scott and Orban are both under 21 and would be terrific Moneyball signings. both these players could reach £100m in value with in a season

This Chelsea are in FFP trouble and will have to sell narrative has been going on for a few windows. They have continued to stock pile players and I assume will continue to do so in the summer also.

If I was Player of the Year for two seasons, being courted by Klopp, and my employers have been throwing crazy money around all winter, I would demamd 200,000 p/w to stay too. Why not? The worst that could happen is for Chelsea to agree to my demands.

I doubt he'd ask the same elsewhere

This Chelsea are in FFP trouble and will have to sell narrative has been going on for a few windows. They have continued to stock pile players and I assume will continue to do so in the summer also.
When they spunked £100m on Lakaka, they did it through sales. Even if you forget FFP, Chelsea can only register 25 players over 21, and I'm guessing they would want to cash in on players that have no future at the club like Hudson Odoi and Mount. There are also players who will slip down in the pecking order wanting a move

If they don't qualify for the CL (seemingy unlikely unless they win it), it will blow a massive hoel in their finances. They were usually quite shrewd with their signings....but this Boehly incarnation just seems fucking madness.

I think they'll buy a striker, and then sell a fucking ton for relatively reasonable fees. If rumours are to be believed, thats N'Kunku. Then we shall see how they deal with the weird amount of players they HAVE to shift

If they don't qualify for the CL (seemingy unlikely unless they win it), it will blow a massive hoel in their finances. They were usually quite shrewd with their signings....but this Boehly incarnation just seems fucking madness.

I think they'll buy a striker, and then sell a fucking ton for relatively reasonable fees. If rumours are to be believed, thats N'Kunku. Then we shall see how they deal with the weird amount of players they HAVE to shift

With the number of outgoings they surely must have this upcoming window, I could see their net spend being negative in the 9 digits, even if they reinvest in a few top players. Some serious squad bloat there. I imagine this part wasn't in the plan, but if they're not in Europe they won't have to worry about FFP, I don't think, provided they can balance the books by the time they presumably qualify for 2024-25.

[article]Liverpool have entered the race for Southampton midfield starlet Romeo Lavia ahead of the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.

It is believed the Merseysiders are keen to bring the 19-year-old to Anfield in the off-season as they plot an overhaul of their midfield.

The Belgium international joined Southampton from City last summer, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal at St Mary’s Stadium.

The Premier League champions inserted a £40million buy-back clause into the deal and will be entitled to 20% of any future sale – meaning they could do a deal for £32million.

However, City cannot activate their buy-back until 2024 – opening the door for other top-flight clubs to make their move for Lavia this summer.[/article]
Boss name and an interesting player. Looks raw, but could develop into a very good midfielder in a few years. His physicality, long passing and ability to protect the ball would be an instant asset to us in the Thiago/Wijnaldum role.

Last edited:

[article]Liverpool have entered the race for Southampton midfield starlet Romeo Lavia ahead of the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.

It is believed the Merseysiders are keen to bring the 19-year-old to Anfield in the off-season as they plot an overhaul of their midfield.

The Belgium international joined Southampton from City last summer, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal at St Mary’s Stadium.

The Premier League champions inserted a £40million buy-back clause into the deal and will be entitled to 20% of any future sale – meaning they could do a deal for £32million.

However, City cannot activate their buy-back until 2024 – opening the door for other top-flight clubs to make their move for Lavia this summer.[/article]
Boss name and an interesting player. Looks raw, but could develop into a very good midfielder in a few years. His physicality, long passing and ability to protect the ball would be an instant asset to us in the Thiago/Wijnaldum role.

This means Southampton would need to sell at >50m in order to be better off than if City exercised the clause. We would however need to persuade him not to wait for City.

Onana from Everton anyone?
The heir to Fabs.
Tielemans or Lavia, the heir to Thiago/Gini.
Bellingham, the heir to Hendo. Or Ramsey, if things pan out as expected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom