• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MinamiNO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised the club have done little to address his physicality. He's been here a while now and is he remains as slight as when he first arrived.

I'm not expecting him to turn in the Hulk, but it's clear Mane and Salah spend large amounts of time in the gym, and Firmino has the upper body strength to hold off players and link up. As Keni points out its a glaring weakness in his game and at 26, we haven't really got the time to be unproductive with his development.

Yesterday I thought he looked a bit lost in the attacking three, but performed better in the midfield in the second half.

The issue then is his does all his most effective work inside the box, so I wonder if we should use develop him him into a poacher, similar to what Pep is doing with Torres this season.

The two goals were encouraging, but I think his performances throw up more questions than answers a lot of the time. Until that changes he'll remain a cup rotation option, which is a bit of a shame.

Agree with the points that he seems much better when using instinct, either shooting or interplay in the box. He seems less adept at slower link up play outside the box. He'd probably work well in more of a 442 system.

He can’t play a big part this season. He does have an eye for a goal.

That’s 3 in his last 2 starts right?

Under any manager other than Klopp I'd have absolutely written him off, but Klopp has a precedent of taking his time with players and it paying off: Robertson, Tsimikas, I reckon we'll see it with Konate, and hopefully we will with Mini too.

Its a long shot though, but worse case, he's a pretty decent 4th or 5th choice option, let's be honest.

If he was like 21 or 22, and he had put in the same largely dismal performances over the same amount of time, then maybe I'd hold out some hope of Klopp working his magic.

But he will be 27 in January (older than Origi) and he's shit. I'd get rid as soon as someone stupid enough put in any sort of bid.

If he was like 21 or 22, and he had put in the same largely dismal performances over the same amount of time, then maybe I'd hold out some hope of Klopp working his magic.

But he will be 27 in January (older than Origi) and he's shit. I'd get rid as soon as someone stupid enough put in any sort of bid.
Oh wow, yeh, I'm guilty of thinking he was in Jotas age bracket.

The lack of strength and inability to win the ball back (which is linked to the strength problem) are for me fatal flaws in his Liverpool career. I’d love him to prove me wrong. That being said some great touches and composure from him last night.

Pep said during the pre match interview that Minamino has a knack of getting himself into 1v1 situations with the goalie. Which came true once again.

He could be a useful sub to bring on when we are struggling to break defences down on certain days.

I think it is useful that he's good enough to help us through against weakened teams, at least it means we have someone we can trust in these early cup rounds. I don't see him making his way into the Starting XI but I am becoming less worried about seeing his name there than I was. Backing him & Divvy to take us to Wembley for the Carabao.

One of his biggest issues, which he doesn't look any closer to resolving than when he first arrived is that he gets shoved off the ball too easily. We are playing in a pretty physical league and when he comes under pressure, he finds that he doesn't have the time or ability to give himself time that he needs.

The lack of strength and inability to win the ball back (which is linked to the strength problem) are for me fatal flaws in his Liverpool career.

Good points about his strength.

He seems to have the same issue Keita used to have (and sometimes still) with regard to being pushed off the ball...He needs to work on his balance more so he can withstand those strong challenges. Other than that as others have said he looks like a decent player. Also when I think of Rihad Mahrez who isn't the most strongest looking player either but can hold his own it shows that size isn't everything when it comes to balance, you can still be slim build and be strong. He needs to keep working on his balance, simples.

I didn't watch the game, but I'm still gonna err on the side of "he's shit" before I see any meaningful evidence to start sucking him off.

His improved performance could be a result of him finding his level - championship level opposition. I know Norwich is in the premier league but they are going down. There are a lot of attackers who look really good in the championship but falter against premier league opposition. Minamino could be one of them.

He is a squad player, but does need to bulk up to improve. He needed more time to adjust, a) because the PL is a far higher level than the Austrian league b) language barrier c) I think he lives alone which psychologically isn't easy.

Lives alone? Don’t be silly Blue he obviously has 5 jellied up white assed bitches riding on his big hunk each night.

His improved performance could be a result of him finding his level - championship level opposition. I know Norwich is in the premier league but they are going down. There are a lot of attackers who look really good in the championship but falter against premier league opposition. Minamino could be one of them.

He did well enough at Southampton to suggest to me that he can have a Premier League career. Not convinced he's long-term top four material though.

He is a squad player, but does need to bulk up to improve. He needed more time to adjust, a) because the PL is a far higher level than the Austrian league b) language barrier c) I think he lives alone which psychologically isn't easy.

I am not sure he can bulk up, but I think he is learning to find spaces and move the ball quickly enough where the physical battle is less important. David Silva never "bulked up". Mina is different player - not a playmaker like Silva - but he could operate in similar space and just needs to think fast enough that there is no time to muscle him off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom