• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Missing person.. Coutinho please please find him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana ... none have any level of consistency, they're all 1 in 4 or 5 players. That's a problem when they all have an off day together. We need better players, as we all know.

I think this is exactly the problem. There's a shite old cliche that says these players would score/assist more at United/City/Chelsea, well no, they wouldn't. They'd get out-shinded by a true quality attacker and actually contribute less. Sure, in a there or there about the European places team, they will play every week, have purple patches and weigh in, but in a side where they are on the outside looking in? Look at Sterling this season. Too inconsistent. And I'm fucked if I'm going to use one to lay into the other. They're all good "on their day", but that doesn't come enough. Ergo.

Coutinho wasn't in the game much and it was far from his best game, but as a club and we fans we are too reliant on someone producing a 'moment of magic' and therefore those capable of doing so bare a disproportionate amount of stick afterwards.

That match was about the mentality we much as anything else. Kolo Toure was the only player who played like he has lifted a trophy before. The rest were too mentality shaken after the goal which was disappointing. I hoped after Dortmund we had more belief, but if we had we certainly didn't show it tonight.

I don't blame Klopp for tonight. He picked the team I agreed with and played all the subs I wanted. It's on the players collectively tonight.

That might have been Coutinho's most anonymous game for us ever, apart from the cock up that helped gift their third goal.

He must be off to Barca.

Yes but why not pick on Lallana or Firmino
But you tell us Lallana is shite, expectations are obviously lowered. Coutinho is upheld to a higher standard, a standard you've bethroned upon him.

Well, I believe that Coutinho will be a Liverpool player next season. I doubt that Sturridge will be that. Sturridge was an excellent player before his many injuries but he lost a lot of pace now. He scores a lot of goals but don't offer much else to the team.

I can understand why Klopp bench him.

Yeah, I hate those strikers who score a lot of goals.

He's still only 23 years old so a lot of the comments last night are a bit ott.
But he should definitely have stepped up last night and it will taint him a bit that he bottled it last night.

Hopefully he'll learn from this aswell. We have quite a young squad and not much winning mentality.

He's been doing this since he came. He gets wildly over-praised when he's good, and usually under-criticised when he's poor, and he keeps getting excused for being young. Well as far as I'm concerned he's got a season to progress, but no more. Would you really fear him if he was in the opposing team? I doubt I would. He's a player you know might be dangerous 'on his day,' but top players are always a threat, always posing problems. He's not a kid any more. He's got to push on.

I think most would fear him if he was in the opposing team. But yes, he needs to push on.

True.
Look at City, De Bruyne is 10 times the player Sterling is, and we all thought Sterling was the best young player in the World 12 months ago.
Our players turn it on occasionally and we buy it in spades. The best do it consistently.

De Bruyne is 3 years older though

But you tell us Lallana is shite, expectations are obviously lowered. Coutinho is upheld to a higher standard, a standard you've bethroned upon him.
Which one of them cost £25 million?
Determine that then talk about "expectations".

Which one of them cost £25 million?
Determine that then talk about "expectations".

The fee was dictated by the market we bought him from. We could have got a better player for that money, but it is what it is. Everyone said from the word go it wasn't a good fee, but he was a decent player. That said, you can't really say that you expect so much more from each player because of their respective fees. If your club is buying players, then regardless of the fee, you expect them to have done their homework on the player. The fee is dictated by a number of factors, but ultimately any investment should be well thought through.

We overpaid, I think only Ryan and maybe a couple of others made points about the fee being irrelevant. It's not really, but it's not really something that should be used to weigh him down either, or for someone to try so fucking desperately to use against him again and again, to mark him out as a failure.
You wanted to prove from the word go that he wasn't going to be a success. He's had a good season and tailed off at the end (like a few others) and now you're back having a go at him. Not that that's new, if anyone reads back through most match threads, you're nearly always singling him out for criticism.

It's ridiculous that you're still resorting to playing one off against the other to defend the one you favour. You criticised Gerrard to fuck during the "nearly" season, because of Lucas. What's the point? Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana are all good players, on their day. We need a couple of better players to push on, but they're good enough to play a part in a top squad.

The fee was dictated by the market we bought him from. We could have got a better player for that money, but it is what it is. Everyone said from the word go it wasn't a good fee, but he was a decent player. That said, you can't really say that you expect so much more from each player because of their respective fees. If your club is buying players, then regardless of the fee, you expect them to have done their homework on the player. The fee is dictated by a number of factors, but ultimately any investment should be well thought through.

We overpaid, I think only Ryan and maybe a couple of others made points about the fee being irrelevant. It's not really, but it's not really something that should be used to weigh him down either, or for someone to try so fucking desperately to use against him again and again, to mark him out as a failure.
You wanted to prove from the word go that he wasn't going to be a success. He's had a good season and tailed off at the end (like a few others) and now you're back having a go at him. Not that that's new, if anyone reads back through most match threads, you're nearly always singling him out for criticism.

It's ridiculous that you're still resorting to playing one off against the other to defend the one you favour. You criticised Gerrard to fuck during the "nearly" season, because of Lucas. What's the point? Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana are all good players, on their day. We need a couple of better players to push on, but they're good enough to play a part in a top squad.

Is this something new? Something that I've introduced to the forum?
Get off your high horses.
You've done it before and so have others. You just did it in this thread by bringing up my previous criticism of Gerrard, the hell does that have to do with anything?
I wanted both Lucas and Gerrard in the team, and Gerrard gone from the DM spot.
In this case I'm talking about why Lallana, the guy labelled as "the one who makes shit happen", gets a pass while Coutinho who's saved us on several tough occasions this season is getting an anvil dropped on him.
Same goes for Firmino.

You've done it before and so have others. You just did it in this thread by bringing up my previous criticism of Gerrard, the hell does that have to do with anything?
In this case I'm talking about why Lallana, the guy labelled as "the one who makes shit happen", gets a pass while Coutinho who's saved us on several tough occasions this season is getting an anvil dropped on him.
Same goes for Firmino.
Because Coutinho could be world class, Lallana couldn't

Lallana is a solid 6/7 player, Coutinho fluctuates wildly between completely ineffective and deadly.

Because Coutinho could be world class, Lallana couldn't

Lallana is a solid 6/7 player, Coutinho fluctuates wildly between completely ineffective and deadly.
Lallana has only been that 6/7 player since Klopp's been manager. Before that he could be just as bad and as often Coutinhno could be.

The problem with Lallana is even when he's having one of his better days, he's still less of a goal threat than Coutinhno. It's the reason why despite Lallana being the best of our floaty AMs last week, Klopp subbed him and left Coutinhno on.

Same goes for Firmino.

You could start a separate thread where Lallana's performance is criticised. People are talking about how Coutinho didn't turn up in this game and they're correct. I'm far more a Coutinho fan than a Lallan fan, but the fact of the matter is Coutinho had absolutely no influence on the game last Wednesday.

The fee for either is irrelevant now. How can you not see that?

You're forgetting it's Modo. He can detach himself away from players he doesn't like and he ALWAYS plays favourites. So if you question Coutinho, he childishly asks, yeah but what about Lallana? It's a case of using 'I know you are, but what I am' as a response.

Back on topic, we did expect more from Coutinho in the final. He's arguably our biggest talent, our best player and the one supposedly coveted by Barcelona. He didn't show up, along with a host of others and it was very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom