• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Express said:
Jurgen Klopp has made Roma star Salah his number one target this summer as he looks to add pace and creativity to his attack.
But Roma are holding out for a big fee and have already knocked back a £28million offer for the winger.
The Serie A club are said to be looking for around £44million (€50m) for the former Chelsea misfit.
But Egyptian publication Yallakora claim Liverpool have offered £35m up front (€40m) and £4m (€5) in add-ons.
Salah, 24, scored 15 goals and delivered 11 assists in Serie A last season.

"Number one target"..

Look, I haven't seen Salah much and he's hopefully good and everything but that would be really underwhelming news if true.

Better than nothing, but nowhere near enough

There's plenty of time, but we still need another four players and this is a very expensive and whleming start

19 goals and 15 assists from 41 starts in 2016/17. For comparison, Hazard finished the year on 17 and 7 from 43.

I think whelmed is underplaying it, we should all be gruntled at signing a player with those stats.

19 goals and 15 assists from 41 starts in 2016/17. For comparison, Hazard finished the year on 17 and 7 from 43.

I think whelmed is underplaying it, we should all be gruntled at signing a player with those stats.

Gruntled as fuck if we sign him.

I'm not sure I've ever been so underwhelmed by a 30mill+ signing. I guess Dylan was right way back in 1964... I hope he works out. He could be amazing. Then again he could not...

*RA/Barba posting insightful insights since 2006*.

If, and of course it's a big if, he hits those sorts of stats with us, he'll be a bargain.

Of course he's not our number one target for the window. Vvd was gonna bust the bank.

If this does go through for around £35-40 mill, and considering we still want keita for around 40-50 mill and at least one top defender, I can see us not going for a top drawer striker.
Bit risky, as if Firmino gets crocked...

If this does go through for around £35-40 mill, and considering we still want keita for around 40-50 mill and at least one top defender, I can see us not going for a top drawer striker.
Bit risky, as if Firmino gets crocked...
Solanke

Independent:

Liverpool are likely to sign Mohamed Salah sooner rather than later with Roma needing to sell him by the end of the month in order to comply with Fifa Financial Fair-Play regulations.

Salah is edging closer to a £35m move from the Serie A side back to the Premier League, following a failed spell at Chelsea, with Jurgen Klopp desperate to make him the first of seven new signings arriving on Merseyside this summer.

Roma are under financial strain from Fifa and, bound by FFP rules, they must balance their books by the end of June, according to Corriere dello Sport. The sale of Salah to the Reds would do just that, with the Italian club already having lined up a replacement for the 24-year-old in Swedish teenager Teddy Bergqvist from Malmo.

Salah recently dropped a huge hint that he was on his way to Merseyside this summer after being pictured with a Liverpool shirt while on international duty with Egypt, with personal terms already understood to have been agreed between the player and club.

Salah could be the first of seven arrivals after the club pulled out of a club-record move for Virgil van Dijk after Southampton reported Liverpool over an ‘illegal approach’ for the defender.

Klopp has since turned his attentions to the Dutchman’s Saints teammate Dusan Tadic in what would be a £13m deal to provide competition for Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino.

Chelsea’s Dominic Solanke already set to arrive at the end of his contract, while Hull's Andrew Robertson is an option at left-back given James Milner had been forced to play there throughout this season.

Klopp is also eyeing a double raid on Bundesliga runners-up RB Leipzig for Naby Keita and Timo Werner, after the duo helped the club qualify for the Champions League for the first time.

Klopp is desperate to bolster his midfield with Keita one of his top targets this summer, but the German side are reluctant to sell after only signing him from their sister club Red Bull Salzburg last summer.

As for Werner, only three strikers scored more times than his 21 strikes over the course of the Bundesliga season the Reds want a natural goalscorer to help deal with Champions League football.

Last edited:
Independent:

Liverpool are likely to sign Mohamed Salah sooner rather than later with Roma needing to sell him by the end of the month in order to comply with Fifa Financial Fair-Play regulations.

Salah is edging closer to a £35m move from the Serie A side back to the Premier League, following a failed spell at Chelsea, with Jurgen Klopp desperate to make him the first of seven new signings arriving on Merseyside this summer.

Roma are under financial strain from Fifa and, bound by FFP rules, they must balance their books by the end of June, according to Corriere dello Sport. The sale of Salah to the Reds would do just that, with the Italian club already having lined up a replacement for the 24-year-old in Swedish teenager Teddy Bergqvist from Malmo.

Salah recently dropped a huge hint that he was on his way to Merseyside this summer after being pictured with a Liverpool shirt while on international duty with Egypt, with personal terms already understood to have been agreed between the player and club.

Salah could be the first of seven arrivals after the club pulled out of a club-record move for Virgil van Dijk after Southampton reported Liverpool over an ‘illegal approach’ for the defender.

Klopp has since turned his attentions to the Dutchman’s Saints teammate Dusan Tadic in what would be a £13m deal to provide competition for Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino.

As for Werner, only three strikers scored more times than his 21 strikes over the course of the Bundesliga season the Reds want a natural goalscorer to help deal with Champions League football.

Chelsea’s Dominic Solanke already set to arrive at the end of his contract, while Hull's Andrew Robertson is an option at left-back given James Milner had been forced to play there throughout this season.

Klopp is also eyeing a double raid on Bundesliga runners-up RB Leipzig for Naby Keita and Timo Werner, after the duo helped the club qualify for the Champions League for the first time.

Klopp is desperate to bolster his midfield with Keita one of his top targets this summer, but the German side are reluctant to sell after only signing him from their sister club Red Bull Salzburg last summer.
Theres a paragraph out of order in that....

Don't we own a bit of Roma Football Club? Surely thrash out something.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't we own a bit of Roma Football Club? Surely thrash out something.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I think it's the other way around .

An FSG investor owns Roma and so in a sense invests into LFC via the FSG investment vehicle

Let's make this happen so we can argue about whether it's a good signing or not instead of just lamenting how embarrassing our transfer efforts are.

Looking at his goal record in Serie A, it's actually pretty impressive for a winger. I didn't realise he'd scored as many (so clearly there's end product). And at 24, soon to be 25, he's coming into his prime. I'm more in favour of this signing. I think this could be like getting another Mane.

Reactions: mom
You don't win friends with Salah, you don't win friends with Salah.
Seems that way anyway.

latest

Fruit Salah? Yummy yummy.

Looking at his goal record in Serie A, it's actually pretty impressive for a winger. I didn't realise he'd scored as many (so clearly there's end product). And at 24, soon to be 25, he's coming into his prime. I'm more in favour of this signing. I think this could be like getting another Mane.

If only I had pointed all this out in the first few posts in this thread you could have reached this state of nirvana sooner.

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/mohamed-salah-link-2017.103083/

You're right. I'm fed up with this silly season already, and it has barely begun.

Is it happening today? Think we're running out of baked beans and the tent is leaking rainwater during the night. We need to sign this lad and move camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom