• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people think it's in our power to tie up deals quickly ?

We have to wait for the player to sign, and no agent is going to advise his client to sign without knowing what the market is for that player. That's why few deals get done early.

We may well have fucked up here (I have to admit my surprise at how many people are sure he's either shite or a big loss) but I just think his agent played the game and got his client the best offer using us as the stalking horse.

Its also fair to say that at this stage the agreement is only between the two clubs.

Either way I'm not bothered if he comes or not. Would prefer if we addressed the areas that really need to be addressed.

He's not anti-semitic. He's anti-Israel.
Which isn't an uncommon. Bringing his political allegiances onto the pitch strikes me as a bit immature though.

Do people think it's in our power to tie up deals quickly ?

We have to wait for the player to sign, and no agent is going to advise his client to sign without knowing what the market is for that player. That's why few deals get done early.

We may well have fucked up here (I have to admit my surprise at how many people are sure he's either shite or a big loss) but I just think his agent played the game and got his client the best offer using us as the stalking horse.

Quite. I don't really know how this guy will turn out, all I have to go off is a youtube video where he mostly boots the ball into an empty half of the pitch, and chases it. He could be brilliant, he could be another Aspas, but like you said in the Summer, we shouldn't be paying over the odds for players just because other sides get involved, unless it's a rare moment where absolute quality is available and the conditions are right whereby the player clearly wants to come to us as much as we want to buy. It seems like we're finding it difficult in the current market to find players who have alot of quality but for some reason or another, they haven't quite blossomed. I think that's where we succeeded with Coutiho, Sakho and Sturridge. Ok, we got stung with Moses (though it's only a loan), but you have to look at the conditions and hope that gradually we'll build and build a group of hungry players who want to play for us. Not ones who are dictated to by an agent trying to get the best deal for himself and his client.

you've got to hope that we have something else lined up, because at present with our injuries and the transfers going on around us I would be worried about our ability to finish 4th.

Fuck this shit.

Now I really have to hope I've been wrong about Salah and he is actually no good. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I suspect many players and their Agents will use the early interest of a Football Club to flush out other suitors to gauge the best deal on offer.

Lets face it, this fella; even if we are interested won't have any particular feeling for our club and is more likely to see his next move in terms of money and prospects. Chelsea are in the CL and are one of the best payers in world football.

Ayre will be going to a gunfight with a knife. No contest.

In many ways it's better for the club to wait for others to move first then bid late. If I'd spent best part of three weeks 'negotiating' (if true) then alarm bells would be ringing. It's all a bit of a game.

Not necessarily. He might look at us and see Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho and see the club is on the up, playing a good attacking style, and he'll expect to play all the time. And he might look at Chelski and see a fine player like Mata bombed out the club after a period stuck on the bench, and an ageing spine of Cech, Terry and Lampard, and he might well feel suspicious about what his role might be, So it's not black and white.

From Y2J @ Rawk.. Makes for interesting reading...

We are clueless at negotiating...

Y2J said:
Ok guys, I was the source the RAWK source during this whole thing. I didn't want to reveal myself cause I didn't want to get bombarded with PMs every couple of hours about him, but since this one is basically as good as over for us, there is no harm in pointing out some details about this transfer to let the RAWK universe know how much we fucked up during this transfer as my source is as close to the player as you can get.

First of all, let me tell you that I'm not a fan of the club overpaying by any stretch, I hate it when clubs like City or Chelsea pay over the top fees for the likes of Lescott or Shaun Wright Phillips cause that means the market is inflated. However, just because the market is inflated doesn't mean that there are some players out there who are worth a good chunk of money to be paid for.

There is also a fine line between being too smart and being too smart for your own good, I didn't exactly followed the ins & outs of our other negotiation models with the other targets in the summer but there is a pattern developing of us missing out on first targets like Dempsey, Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian and bar a miracle now, Salah. It is hard to properly judge the transfer committee plus I feel for the scouts who have their hard work cut out for when a club comes in and gets the players we have been following for months.

Now we were following Salah closely since October, we sent a lot of scouts to Basel games, began negotiating in November and his agent met with Ayre in the West Ham game to discuss terms with them. We had a verbal agreement with Basel regarding everything and we quickly became Salah's favoured destination as he saw us as a club where he can grow, get a lot of 1st team action and become a world class player. I don't know what happened between Salah's agent and Ayre, but the impression that the club got from that meeting was that, in reality there is no way Salah is going to leave for anyone bar Liverpool and/or there are no real offers on the table for Basel bar us. When we got to sending Basel our opening offer, it was a laughable offer well below what was verbally agreed upon, think of Wenger 40 million plus one pound bid, this was even more laughable.

Basel raised their as a result of being pissed off. We tried to up our offer but it was again well below what was previously agreed upon and Basel didn't want to lower their demands as they sensed that we were wasting their time. They even began courting other clubs that Salah is available. Milan & Inter thought that Basel's original demands were too high for them, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg & Monchengladbach were ready to pay but Salah didn't want to go to Germany. Basel tried to claim that Atletico was interested but it was a bluff by all accounts, however a host of other clubs wanted to be kept updated on the deal one of whom was Chelsea.

Since we saw that Salah didn't want to go to the Bundesliga and with no other club offering Basel any offer, we assumed he'll stay there till the summer and we can re-open negotiations, but Newcastle offered Basel a good first offer and now him coming to us in the summer was in doubt if Basel & Newcastle agree a fee. That's why we came back with a much more improved offer, almost what was verbally agreed upon before the window even started. Salah's personal demands were also agreed previously so there was no problems with him & his agent, just us agreeing some minor details with Basel. Chelsea, who were updated on the deal, at last asked about his availability and Basel asked about 8 million more than what we were offering (they tried to fleece Chelsea and I'm sorry last night I got confused cause I misunderstood my source as telling me Chelsea offered 8 million more, which isn't true) but Chelsea really offered a couple of million more than us but with a lot of add ons that favour Basel heavily, we didn't even hesitate and backed off, not even matching their deal.

The only thing stopping Salah from going to Chelsea is that he doesn't want to go there, full stop. Him & his advisers believe he won't get much playing time there and if it is in his hands, it is better to stay at Basel and wait till the summer to get his move, however Basel want to sell & get their money now and begin scouting their next target (who will also be from Egypt). There is a third club who asked for Salah's availability (my source won't tell me cause Salah doesn't want this to go public as he prefers to join that third club over Chelsea and doesn't want a repeat of the fiasco surrounding his negotiations with Liverpool) but like I said barring a miracle, most probably he won't be our player come the end of the window.

What makes this irritating is that we wasted three months of scouting him, weeks of negotiations and then tried to lowball Basel and looked stupid at the end when we fell flat on our arses. Board wise, there have to be some questions asked about how good we are at negotiating some deals.

Bullet dodged.

Plus, he's anti-semitic and I have no tolerance for that sort of shite. We shouldn't either, as a club.

He's not an anti-semite. He - just like other prominent popular Arab athletes - have to take a stand against Israeli players/teams ... It happens in all sports arenas. It's politically motivated unless the person says, "I hate Jews" ... Maybe I'm being naive.

Not necessarily. He might look at us and see Suarez, Gerrard, Coutinho and see the club is on the up, playing a good attacking style, and he'll expect to play all the time. And he might look at Chelski and see a fine player like Mata bombed out the club after a period stuck on the bench, and an ageing spine of Cech, Terry and Lampard, and he might well feel suspicious about what his role might be, So it's not black and white.

I'd put more store in that if Suarez hadn't dismissed Gerrard and Coutinho during the summer and Willian, Mkhitiryan, Costa et al hadn't signed elsewhere after we'd shown interest.

Either we don't have the money to pay expected wages or they consider other moves fit their ambitions better.

It's not a failing on our part it's just a fact of life. I'm sure things will change significantly if we can sneak a CL place or the owners decide to pay top dollar.

97a

Thats what ive just ordered from the Chinese.
Belleee dat!!

From Y2J @ Rawk.. Makes for interesting reading...

We are clueless at negotiating...

Rawk and in particular, a few posters on there, have always posted stuff like this, and it usually ends up proven as a load of bollocks, cf the one posted a while ago about the owners on an agenda to drive us into the ground and sell, "we don't have a pot to piss in" etc.

Rawk and in particular, a few posters on there, have always posted stuff like this, and it usually ends up proven as a load of bollocks, cf the one posted a while ago about the owners on an agenda to drive us into the ground and sell, "we don't have a pot to piss in" etc.
Like I said.......nut cancer.

How can we forget uncle Bamba...

RAWK is woeful and who knows who that Y2 person is but it wouldn't suprise me if the lowballing is true, we done similar with Ajax when buying Suarez, thank fuck that ended up going through.

images

disappointing news - losing out to players bracketed in the 30m mark is understandable, we just can't compete. but losing out to rival for players in the 11m mark with great potential, who we have been all over for a while, is poor.

if we don't improve, then we will look to the likes of aspas and ibe to change games.... chelski flog us moses, strenghen (a piss poor) utd and everton who could make us suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom