• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll most watchable lfc team?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Most entertaining Liverpool PL team is under which manager?

• graeme souness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • roy evans

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • gerard houlier

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • rafael benitez

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • roy hodgson

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • kenny dagleish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • brendan Rogers

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
We've had a quite a few managers, most we've held as the coming messiah but all failing to deliver the most venerated t title of all - the league crown. But we've had teams that have played some very entertaining football. So under who's stewardship have we been the most exciting to watch?

I guess I'll be the first to mention his name.

Benitez hands down.

I mean we played some entertaining football under Evans but you can't disregard all those European nights with Benitez.
Gerrard vs Olympiakos
Milan final, both of them
Reina vs Chelsea
Babel vs Arsenal
The Fa cup final
Chelsea semi at Anfield
The league cup final we lost
The Chelsea game we almost turned around
Etc etc and this is just off the top of my head.

I vote Benitez.
Mr Rodgers played some great football this year but Rafas team of 07-09 was brilliant fun.

Rafa - the season we finished 2nd especially.
Kenny - the 6 months when he came back.

Benitez hands down.

I mean we played some entertaining football under Evans but you can't disregard all those European nights with Benitez.
Gerrard vs Olympiakos
Reina vs Chelsea
Babel vs Arsenal
The Fa cup final
Chelsea semi at Anfield

This. I'd add thumping Real 4-0. Do you realise we've not only always beaten them, we've never even conceded a goal in the process? :cool:

I vote Benitez.
Mr Rodgers played some great football this year but Rafas team of 07-09 was brilliant fun.

Was the football really top quality though?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love those two years as a Liverpool fan back because we were such a strong, well organised and efficient unit and were feared in the league and in Europe.
However, in terms of great football, I don't think it was anything special tbh.

Benitez hands down.

Gerrard vs Olympiakos
Reina vs Chelsea
Babel vs Arsenal
The Fa cup final
Chelsea semi at Anfield

''Most memorable moments" would be more apt for Rafa's reign. Or am I being too picky? :)

Entertaining to watch: Evans, BR, and Kenny's half season.
Entertaining to win: Rafa - you can't beat winning for enjoyment

Benitez for most of 2009. We killed teams. Madrid 4 zip and the scum 4-1 at Old Toilet. We had the best striker in the world and a team that could KILL (big) games when needed. Oh how I miss being good :(

Yup Rafa for me. Based on my memory, we won more often than we lost. The teams where we had Torres at his best were a joy to watch. Alonso's last season was pretty good too.

Besides the second half of the season we came second - where we threw caution to the wind and went at teams, I think we played well too in the league when Kenny was caretaker manager (we were shit in the Europa League when Suarez wasn't available). Suarez, Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt knew how to play with each other. Then Kenny and Comolli went stupid in the summer.

I think we've been pleasing to watch for most games this season since Sturridge and Coutinho arrived.

And of course, Evans' teams were also nice to watch up front, but it was quite a disaster at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom