• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Name 10 Ex-LFC players playing in Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voronin is clever... if his head is right

England might be facing one of my former players Andrei Voronin tonight and though it is very hard for a player to match the work ethic of a striker like Wayne Rooney, he does possess some of the technical skills that Rooney gives us. At Liverpool, we signed him on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen where he had shown, in the way he worked off Dimitar Berbatov, that he can be a very clever player when he puts his mind to it. Technically, he is very good. He makes very good movements, holds the ball well, passes and is not a bad finisher. He needs a target man to work with, which is why Andrei Shevchenko's knee injury will be a worry to Oleg Blokhin today.

None of our business but happened to come across this article

Former Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin is on the transfer list at Dynamo Moscow, but the club has received no bids, Dynamo president Yuri Isaev said Thursday.

The Russian Premier League side is in no mood to compromise with Voronin over a potential transfer following statements reportedly made by his agent that amounted to "outright blackmail", Isaev said.

"At the moment the Dynamo football club doesn’t have - much as it didn't have before - a single proposal from any team to transfer the Ukrainian striker," Isaev said on the club website.

Voronin, who was in Ukraine's Euro 2012 squad, is under contract until summer 2014 but his relationship with the club has degenerated sharply in recent months, reportedly following a feud between Voronin and coach Sergei Silkin.

Voronin's agent Andrei Golovash has reportedly said that it would cost Dynamo eight million euros to terminate the striker's contract, a statement branded "outright blackmail with elements of bluffing" by Isaev.

Golovash has denied making the comments, while Voronin reportedly called the figure "nonsense".

Dynamo's position on a transfer for Voronin has now hardened, Isaev said.

"From this time on, the Dynamo board will have a certain strict position on the employment of Andriy Voronin, acting solely in the interests of the club."

Voronin, 32, moved to Dynamo in 2010 after failing to hold down a first-team place during his two-season stay at Liverpool.

He scored 11 goals in 37 Russian league appearances last season as Dynamo finished fourth, but spent most of his time on the bench towards the end of the season and has not scored since October.

As the season reached its climax in May, Voronin asked to play with Dynamo's reserves to boost his match fitness for Euro 2012, where he played in two of Ukraine's three group stage games but was an unused substitute against England.

Vicente Del Bosque may be under the public spotlight, but his vision is clear. Álvaro Arbeloa has been a key part of the Spain back-four. The defender – who wears the number 17 shirt – has played six consecutive 90-minute games and is the only member of the squad at the Euros to do so.

The consistency of the Real Madrid right-back makes his inclusion in the team a certainty for the game against Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal. Since Arbeloa made his debut for Spain in March 2008, he has played 16 official matches, of which his side have won 15 and drawn 1, with 46 goals in favour and just 8 against.

The match against France saw Arbeloa up against one of the best wingers in the world - Franck Ribéry -, but the Bayern Munich star couldn’t find a way past the Spaniard.

It seems that Del Bosque values the fact that the Real defender knows he must defend first, something that must be taken into account as the other full-back position is occupied by Jordi Alba, who likes to get forward and attack whenever he can. Arbeloa became a regular under José Mourinho the past season and Del Bosque took little convincing.

Vicente Del Bosque appears to have no doubts that Arbeloa must feature, and is yet another of the indispensable players that the coach counts on.

How did we only get £3 million form Real for Arbeloa ? Another one of our major fuck ups in the transfer market.

My memory is shite but I'm positive I thought he was/is mega

Yet there were posters who were happy to see him go and thought him average and overrated.
I think he only had a year left in contract. Very sad to see him go to be honest. But I was a bit excited about Johnson.

It seems that Del Bosque values the fact that the Real defender knows he must defend first

Del Bosque has just secured his place at rock bottom of spider-neil's list next time we are looking for a new manager

i still remember some people on this site dissing alvaro and going on about finnan. alvaro is a majestic fullback who had messi in his pocket. bad business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom