• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Nat or Gomez, who would you sell (poll)?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who would rather you sell?

• Gomez

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • Nat

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomez was good and bad last night. At times he made defending look easy, and at others he was so relaxed he forgot to manage Koumetio in the game effectively, and didn't really help Bradley out either.

He's still young enough to improve but in these kinds of games you want to see it in his attitude. I believe he wants to be here, but I'm not sure how much he's ready to push to overtake Matip again.

I would only sell him if it meant signing a player further up the pitch who would transform us a la Jota. I don't think losing Gomez would be that much of a drawback compared to the positive of finding another Jota

I don't understand this hurry to sell Matip.
Perfect squad member. Klopp obviously loves him, Van Dijk loves him. He's performing at top class level and he's just turned 30. He's got at least 4 more years in him. It's not like he has any more pace to lose or whatever.
We've got some healthy competition among 4 CB. We don't really have anyone coming up from the reserves that's ready to take a spot in the next 2-3 years so...
I've been off the Koumetio hype train long before yesterday's game. He just doesn't read the game well.
Van Der Berg is decent but I don't have any high hopes there either but he's better than Koumetio.
I'm honestly looking at Stefan Bajcetic. This kid looks incredible.

Stevie you donut, Matip hasn’t even showed any signs of decline….he’s 30 so wouldn’t be worth selling for what clubs would offer.

I still believe Gomez can get back to his best. He's just been away from football for a long time and is in desperate need of games.
It's just been a vicious cycle of injuries and playing himself back to form lately.
He's not really a kid anymore and unfortunately not dependable.
Matip "was" going through the same cycle, but the big difference is that his performance level doesn't drop when he's out.

I’m not sure Gomez will get back to his best, because his best was partially dependent on his recovery speed, because he does not read the game quite as well as others.

He has clearly lost at least step, if not more, and was obvious last night. Maybe some of it, but I doubt all of it.

Separately, I had some doubts how quickly Konate would settle without VVD holding his hand, but last night he not only came on and defended well, he led that entire defense, which Gomez did not do one bit and was part of the total disorganization in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom