• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Best per position.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Who's your top all time.
Quarterback

Wide reciever

Half back

Tight end

Pass rusher

Secodary?

Quarterback-Joe Montana

Wide Receiver- Jerry Rice

Half Back-Barry Sanders

Tight End-Tony Gonzalez or Shannon Sharpe

Pass Rusher- Lawrence Taylor

Secondary- Ronnie Lott

Quarterback-Montana
Wide reciever-Rice
Half back-Smith
Tight end-Sharpe
Rush-Taylor
Secondary-Woodson.

Who's your top all time.
Quarterback - Montana, but I think Brady may eclipse him IF he stays healthy for 4-5 years and wins two more Bowls

Wide reciever - Rice, no debate here

Half back - Emmit

Tight end - Tough one - I'd say Bavaro revolutionized the position, but isn't really the 'best' - let's go for Tony Gonzalez. Though if Gates can stay healthy, I think he'll be better.

Pass rusher - Deacon Jones

Secodary - Lott, though I think both Woodsons are up there, as is Prime Time.

[/quote]

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=30886.msg791047#msg791047 date=1233248184]
Who's your top all time.
Quarterback - Montana, but I think Brady may eclipse him IF he stays healthy for 4-5 years and wins two more Bowls

Half back - Emmit

Tight end - Tough one - I'd say Bavaro revolutionized the position, but isn't really the 'best' - let's go for Tony Gonzalez. Though if Gates can stay healthy, I think he'll be better.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am not to big on Gates as a tight end, I think is just a wide receiver who lines up at tight end.

Deacon Jones was a bad dude, you ever see any his interviews, he honestly hates Quarterbacks.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30886.msg791121#msg791121 date=1233251858]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=30886.msg791047#msg791047 date=1233248184]
Who's your top all time.

Half back - Emmit

[/quote]
[/quote]

I am not to big on Gates as a tight end, I think is just a wide receiver who lines up at tight end.

Deacon Jones was a bad dude, you ever see any his interviews, he honestly hates Quarterbacks.

[/quote]

yah his interviews are crazy - but quite a few people say he was getting 25-30 sacks a year when it wasn't an 'official stat' ...

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30886.msg791024#msg791024 date=1233245692]
Quarterback-Joe Montana

Half Back-Barry Sanders

Secondary- Ronnie Lott
[/quote]

Agree with nearly all of that, kiddo.

Might squeeze Jay Novachek into the TE conversation - always thought he was underrated. The Cowboys decline began the day injury ended his career.

Also, though LT was the greatest defensive player ever, I think Reggie White was the better pure pass rusher. But I'd still pick LT over any defensive player, in general.

'Cept Howie Long, of course. ;)

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30886.msg791429#msg791429 date=1233289731]
[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30886.msg791024#msg791024 date=1233245692]
Quarterback-Joe Montana

Half Back-Barry Sanders

Secondary- Ronnie Lott
[/quote]

Agree with nearly all of that, kiddo.

Might squeeze Jay Novachek into the TE conversation - always thought he was underrated. The Cowboys decline began the day injury ended his career.

Also, though LT was the greatest defensive player ever, I think Reggie White was the better pure pass rusher. But I'd still pick LT over any defensive player, in general.

'Cept Howie Long, of course. ;)
[/quote]

I couldn't say Novacek because you'd call me blinkered! :) He was such an important safety net for Aikman - once he went, so did our team as you rightly say. I think if Witten carries on the for another 5-6 years at this level, he could be included in that bracket too perhaps.

Novacek was great, he was a really defined the position in his day, I think he is so underrated is because of all the other offensive talent he had around him. He was always a sure thing though, when the ball went his way you knew he would grab it.

Manning won't pass Montana's Super Bowl Records, but as a pure throwing machine, Manning seems to be able to make more throws better than Joe could. The out's the fades the deep ins and outs, the double moves where you have to release the ball extremely early, etc.

Leadership, accomplishments, etc. it's Montana, but freking hell Peyton can sling that ball anyway you want it, and he has a brilliant mind as well.

[quote author=Fowler 23 link=topic=30886.msg801173#msg801173 date=1234149164]
Manning won't pass Montana's Super Bowl Records, but as a pure throwing machine, Manning seems to be able to make more throws better than Joe could. The out's the fades the deep ins and outs, the double moves where you have to release the ball extremely early, etc.

Leadership, accomplishments, etc. it's Montana, but freking hell Peyton can sling that ball anyway you want it, and he has a brilliant mind as well.
[/quote]

Shame he poops his pants every time there's abig gmae against New England, eh?

I mean, the only game he won, he had to be handed by corrupt officials.

F@#! Payton Manning. Hate him.

[size=6pt](Hell of a QB though...)[/size]

Whoa.... Pats fans calling the OFFICIALS corrupt?

Pot, Kettle, Black, etc. I wonder if the video recording devices used by the Pats to cheat were the same color black?

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30886.msg791021#msg791021 date=1233245397]
Who's your top all time.
Quarterback - Joe Montana

Wide reciever - Jerry Rice

Half back - Walter Payton

Tight end - Antonio Gates

Pass rusher - Lawrence Taylor

Secodary? - Darrell Green

[/quote]

QB - Joe Montana
HB - Barry Sanders
WR - Jerry Rice
TE - Shannon Sharpe
LT - Orlando Pace
DE - Reggie White
CB - Rod Woodson

P - Nick Harris

No punter has ever been a more critical member of their team.

[quote author=Fowler 23 link=topic=30886.msg801465#msg801465 date=1234189364]
Whoa.... Pats fans calling the OFFICIALS corrupt?

Pot, Kettle, Black, etc. I wonder if the video recording devices used by the Pats to cheat were the same color black?
[/quote]

Go back and watch that game again, mate.

Then come back here and tell me I'm wrong.

Two seperate topics, and you know it.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30886.msg801785#msg801785 date=1234207194]
QB - Joe Montana
HB - Barry Sanders
WR - Jerry Rice
TE - Shannon Sharpe
LT - Orlando Pace
DE - Reggie White
CB - Rod Woodson

P - Nick Harris

No punter has ever been a more critical member of their team.
[/quote]

Disagree, best Punter ever is definitely Shane Lechler, I saw him kick a 73 yarder in college. His average in the NFL is amazing.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=30886.msg791121#msg791121 date=1233251858]

[/quote]

hes just a WR with great hands and athleticism who is big enough to line up at TE and does and also is a better blocker than people think, Which makes him a great TE...gosh sounds aweful.

Back
Top Bottom