• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2023/2024 season

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Draft musings so far -
this 6'7" TE from Georgia ... Washington ... unreal.

There doesn't seem to be many WRs this year, 4 QBs will go top 10, and the best player is probably a RB (Bijan Richardson from Texas).

Sleeper is that nutter WR from LSU - Boutte (sp?)
He's got the talent etc to be a top top top WR but people aren't sure he's 100% into football.

Draft musings so far -
this 6'7" TE from Georgia ... Washington ... unreal.

There doesn't seem to be many WRs this year, 4 QBs will go top 10, and the best player is probably a RB (Bijan Richardson from Texas).

Sleeper is that nutter WR from LSU - Boutte (sp?)
He's got the talent etc to be a top top top WR but people aren't sure he's 100% into football.

Dalton Kincaid gets a lot of draft buzz as a possible TE. Regarding WRs its probably Quentin Johnston that you'd hope could be there at 26.
But it sounds like we could add a WR in free agency, maybe?

The draft class seems to be loaded with CBs and RBs. We should definitely cut Zeke and draft an RB on day 3.

Would you draft Bijan if he's there at 26? Dont think he will be regardless, but..

Dalton Kincaid gets a lot of draft buzz as a possible TE. Regarding WRs its probably Quentin Johnston that you'd hope could be there at 26.
But it sounds like we could add a WR in free agency, maybe?

The draft class seems to be loaded with CBs and RBs. We should definitely cut Zeke and draft an RB on day 3.

Would you draft Bijan if he's there at 26? Dont think he will be regardless, but..

Bijan is coming off like the best RB talent in a long time - like elite elite talent.
He's clearly going to the Eagles, who need a RB ... 5 years with him ... wowzers.

Kincaid is good - but I'd rather take Washington. 6'7" - blocks like an OL, ridiculous catch radius and his YAC ability is off the charts.
We just franchised Tony - so he's RB1. We'll release Zeke, as we need to save money. We either go with Mike Davis (the FL rookie from last year), whom I really like - or you draft the Spears kid from Tulane I think ... The Alabama RB Gibbs is Bijan-lite.

Johnson is good - but seems a bit weak off the line, which is a problem when you're 6'2" ... I'd rather the Ohio kid falls, but no chance of that imo.

Bijan is coming off like the best RB talent in a long time - like elite elite talent.
He's clearly going to the Eagles, who need a RB ... 5 years with him ... wowzers.

Kincaid is good - but I'd rather take Washington. 6'7" - blocks like an OL, ridiculous catch radius and his YAC ability is off the charts.
We just franchised Tony - so he's RB1. We'll release Zeke, as we need to save money. We either go with Mike Davis (the FL rookie from last year), whom I really like - or you draft the Spears kid from Tulane I think ... The Alabama RB Gibbs is Bijan-lite.

Johnson is good - but seems a bit weak off the line, which is a problem when you're 6'2" ... I'd rather the Ohio kid falls, but no chance of that imo.

Bijan to the Eagles, wowzers indeed. Cant even think about facing him as well. Gibbs would be a good pick as well.

Do you think they'll cut Tyron or keep him and restructure his contract?

Bijan to the Eagles, wowzers indeed. Cant even think about facing him as well. Gibbs would be a good pick as well.

Do you think they'll cut Tyron or keep him and restructure his contract?

I think they'll restructure him ... he wants to stay, and will make it more realistic.

Yeah, I think so too. Wont mind him staying on a more team friendly deal.

The problem is you're keeping him probably to be a swing tackle - not going to move Tyler away from LT as he's a long term answer there, and Steele at RT is very good.
Will be interesting to see what can be done ....

The problem is you're keeping him probably to be a swing tackle - not going to move Tyler away from LT as he's a long term answer there, and Steele at RT is very good.
Will be interesting to see what can be done ....

Agreed, and its important that we are continuing with Tyler at LT and as you say Steele at RT. Tyron wasnt the solution there.
Problem for Tyron is staying fit as well. Maybe a swing tackle role is the best way forward. Read that he would just retire if he was cut.

The Bears get DJ Moore, have 4 of the first 65 picks in this years draft and 2 first round picks next year. Quite the position to set a foundation going forward.

Yup, draft WELL (which isn't a given) and get 1-2 proper FA ... and with Fields on a rookie contract? playoff contenders for sure next year

Rodgers close to the Jets

Garoppolo to the Raiders

Javon Hargrave to the 49’ers

I thought Raiders would get a QB this draft ... 3year contract for Jimmy G means it's still doable but less likely ...
Denver got two solid OL - that's a big help considering how much Wilson was getting tonked.
We just lost our LG to DA bills.
Hargrave going to same d - system - will be interested if he can get double digit sacks again.

Rodgers ... thats a game changer for the Jets imo. get 1 playmaker on each side of the ball via FA and/or draft, and they're a SB contender.

I thought Raiders would get a QB this draft ... 3year contract for Jimmy G means it's still doable but less likely ...
Denver got two solid OL - that's a big help considering how much Wilson was getting tonked.
We just lost our LG to DA bills.
Hargrave going to same d - system - will be interested if he can get double digit sacks again.

Rodgers ... thats a game changer for the Jets imo. get 1 playmaker on each side of the ball via FA and/or draft, and they're a SB contender.

Dont think McGovern would be a starter this year. At least not at 23 mill.

Bears getting Edmunds.

Dono back - awesome news, as he's the physical tone setter of the defense.
LvE back - only ok if Hankins is back, as when they played together, LVE was really really good.
5th pick traded for Gilmore ... He's not as good as he was, age does its thing but he's still bloody good. Diggs & Gilmore is a very very solid pairing.
Strong rumors we're going after a veteran WR - Dehop? Diggs? OBJ? Would rather we stay the hell away from OBJ ...

I like the Gilmore trade. Even though he is 32 he performed at a very high level last season.
Great player to have in that DB room as well. Now we can draft a DB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Think we’ll be going TE in the first round.

I like the Gilmore trade. Even though he is 32 he performed at a very high level last season.
Great player to have in that DB room as well. Now we can draft a DB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Think we’ll be going TE in the first round.

TE or RB or OL

We like TEs who can block, so if we get 1st rounder it's either Washington or Maier (Notre Dame).
RB will be Bijan or Gibbs - though not sure Bijan is there so late.
OL - The Florida guard if he's there.

Zeke released.
Tank & Tyron contracts restructured.
100% big WR coming in -

Not sure who though. There doesnt seem to be any truth to the D-Hop rumors, and OBJ is pricing himself out of a move if he thinks he can get 20 mill per season. Dont think I want OBJ either in all honesty. Far to big a risk that he'll get injured during the season.

Not sure who though. There doesnt seem to be any truth to the D-Hop rumors, and OBJ is pricing himself out of a move if he thinks he can get 20 mill per season. Dont think I want OBJ either in all honesty. Far to big a risk that he'll get injured during the season.

Don't want OBJ - he'll go to the New YOrk Rodgers.

I would like Dhop - but it's unlikely ... maybe Mike Evans? who knows.

Back
Top Bottom