• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Playoffs thread.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
Titans
Chargers
Colts
Ravens
Steelers
Dolphins
Giants
Panthers
Eagles
Falcons
Cardinals
Vikings.

Suprising not to see Bucks, Cowboys and Jets in there.
Im not unhappy though.

I'm not saying they will win it (there are better teams this year) but I have got a sneaky feeling on the Dolphins getting to the final. It's amazing the Eagles made it but (unfortunately), they won't last very long.

Its so tough to call this year... are we going to do the obligatory Playoff - Predictions Challenge?

Week 1 - Wild Card

Falcons @ Cardinals
Eagles @ Vikings
Colts @ Chargers
Ravens @ Dolphins

Out of that lot i'd go for

Falcons @ Cardinals
Eagles @ Vikings
Colts @ Chargers
Ravens @ Dolphins

Edit I've changed my mind about the Cardinals, Falcons to win.

Falcons
Vikings
Colts
Dolphins.

Colts v chargers is the hardest to call.

I actually fancy ALL of the away teams this week, but that's simply not going to happen, so I'll go for:

Arizona, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Baltimore.

If, by some miracle, I get all of those picks right, I then like:

Indy over Tennessee, Baltimore over Pittsburg (if Ben's still hurt), Giants over Philly and Carolina over Arizona.

Then, Indy will beat Baltimore (if Ben's still hurt) and New York will beat Carolina.

Then (as I puke repeatedly) elder Manning will beat younger Manning, while ESPN actually televise live circle jerks every 30 minutes about how this family can single handedly save the planet.

Christ, I hope I'm wrong.

I'd love to see Philly beat Pittsburg in Miami, but I don't waste any sports-wishes (karma) on anything not called Liverpool right now...

Very upset with the turnouts of both games today. I really dislike the Chargers, thought they should have lost and Phillip Rivers ain't anything special. Darren Sproles is special - wonder if he'll be fantasy worthy next year. I wanted Matt Ryan to win but truth the Cardinals really played out of their skin on both lines so they did deserve it.

Tony Dungy really hasn't done anything in redeveloping and retooling that team. The defense sucks, the run game is horrific and Peyton completely deserves the MVP, from the way the team played today and a lot of the season he did it mostly by himself.

Warner is great no argument there.

But if the Vikes win we get the Cards at home and that ain't gonna be a game I foresee quite a blowout.

I seem to have snapped my prediction mojo.
I blame this flu.

Do the winners of the play offs go on to compete for the superbowl or is there semi finals and then the superbowl?

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=30001.msg769322#msg769322 date=1231088488]
Do the winners of the play offs go on to compete for the superbowl or is there semi finals and then the superbowl?
[/quote]

Theres quarters and semis after these games

Cheers man. So have these matches been decided then? A random draw or is division based?
And also, do the losers of these games get eliminated?

it is win or go home, losers are eliminated. And the match ups are decided by seed. Which is division winners 1-4, with two wild card spots. Decided strictly by record.

Anyone watchin the dolphins game? Pennington is having a stinker, come on dolphins.

Ravens 20-9 up with 12 min to play

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=30001.msg764677#msg764677 date=1230561737]
Falcons
Vikings
Colts
Dolphins.

Colts v chargers is the hardest to call.
[/quote]

Hmmm, it seems they were all quite difficult!

Who do you fancy next week? ;D

All the home teams win next week, with the possibility of the Ravens beating the Titans.

I'm a little nervous about the Igles, they are playing well and always dangerous, but if Brandon Jacobs is healthy which he is supposed to be we will destroy their defense over the course of the game. Cardinals have no shot against the Panthers. Chargers could theoretically pull one against the Steelers but I doubt it unless Ben has a stinker of Chad's from this week's proportions. Tenn and Ravens is a great game with two great defenses. And Ed Reed is one of my favorite players of all time - he is soo good its unbelievable.

The Vikings would have man handled the Igles if they had a QB, if they manage to get McNabb this off season they'll be very good - scary. McNabb and Berrian would be so lethal together. Tavaris sucks so much donkey dong its sickening, he doesnt even run which you'd think he'd be good at. I really wanted to face the Cardinals not the Igles.

[quote author=Assulin link=topic=30001.msg769666#msg769666 date=1231129074]
Any chance your an inbred booing arse like the rest of the Eagle fans?
[/quote]

I can be an arse at times but an inbred booing one? Hmmmm.... no. My mother is My mother, not My sister and unfortunately I have never been to a game as I live in the UK. If I do ever visit Yanksville (not very likely TBH), I don't think I would detour to Philly just for a game either.

Carolina
San diego
Giants
Titans.

There you have it.

Just so you know then Fallon, Eagles fans are horrible cunts, they boo their own players all the time no matter how much they have done for them. McNabb for example took that team to 3 Championship Games and a Super Bowl and got very little leeway even though his supporting cast has never been anything special besides Westbrook. And now again their team is doing it again and the fans will most likely call for their heads as soon as they lose this week. Philadelphia blows imo.

Arent you a giants fan mucker?
Probably the most critical and unforgiving fans on the east coast.

As this is not football related, I will say a few things about Philly fans ...
a) they booed SANTA!!! who booes Santa?!?!
b) they booed Irvin when he was almost paralyzed in what turned out to be his last career game
c) they booed Kobe at the All Star game

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=30001.msg770228#msg770228 date=1231184477]
b) they booed Irvin when he was almost paralyzed in what turned out to be his last career game
[/quote]

They actually cheered when Irvin was carted from the field strapped to a stretcher with his neck injury.

Small difference but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Cunts!

[quote author=ricobats link=topic=30001.msg770242#msg770242 date=1231185462]
[/quote]

They actually cheered when Irvin was carted from the field strapped to a stretcher with his neck injury.

Cunts!
[/quote]

at first they booed, no? I thought it was sickening ... Forget the fact the rivalry between player/team and the Iggles, this man was almost paralyzed and they boo/cheer?

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=30001.msg770248#msg770248 date=1231186316]
[/quote]

Cunts!
[/quote]

at first they booed, no? I thought it was sickening ... Forget the fact the rivalry between player/team and the Iggles, this man was almost paralyzed and they boo/cheer?
[/quote]

Philly is wierd like that, then again "I wanna knooooowww how you broke his leg"

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=30001.msg770248#msg770248 date=1231186316]
[/quote]

Cunts!
[/quote]

[/quote]

They booed a 10-year old, sick child when his dog didn't catch every frisbee that he threw... Wankers.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30001.msg767728#msg767728 date=1230950348]

Arizona, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Baltimore.

[/quote]

3 outta 4 aint bad for somebody who couldn't see the Raiders going to Tampa Bay and winning the week before..!

And I'm delighted that the one I got wrong was Indy - I hate those bastards and their QB.

This week, I'll go for Philly to shock NY, Carolina to end Arizona's dream, Pittsburg to beat San Diego and Baltimore to upset Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom