• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this about Ox for Partey in swap deal?

Media BS or some genuinity behind this?

If you would have asked me 12 months ago with all his injuries I'd have loved this to happen.

seems like the type of character we need to keep around the squad. hes a bloody good player, too

If you mean the Ox, I agree. I don't know anything about Partey but I was happy with the Ox signing and would want him to stick around.

On his day he is a very good player, but he's also shown to be very injury prone & pretty inconsistent in spells too.

Partey was 1 of the best players on the night we played them at the Metropolitmnfnedwjnfdnwdijuhfw Stadium.

He's also shown exactly the right attitude to those injuries and has come back tremendously well from them. I don't agree with the "inconsistent" bit - when he's been fit (as he has been for a while now) his form hasn't dipped to any real extent.

Not disputing that Partey's a good player but I'd want a sod of a lot more than one good performance on which to base a decision to buy him or anybody else.

He's also shown exactly the right attitude to those injuries and has come back tremendously well from them. I don't agree with the "inconsistent" bit - when he's been fit (as he has been for a while now) his form hasn't dipped to any real extent.

Not disputing that Partey's a good player but I'd want a sod of a lot more than one good performance on which to base a decision to buy him or anybody else.
Yeah he's definitely inconsistent JJ. The number of times Klopp subs him off isn't just to protect him returning from injury. Literally every single match bar one in the whole 19-20 season.

Last edited:
Tallas Magno linked again.

Brazilian journalist saying Vasco need to sell, as they are in financial trouble and need to sell before the end of the summer, they also name drop us specifically saying that we lead the race.

Yeah he's definitely inconsistent JJ. The number of times Klopp subs him off isn't just to protect him returning from injury. Literally every single match bar one in the whole 19-20 season.

That can't be right, Froggy. Apart from anything else I'm sure he was subbed on at least a couple of times. And, while I absolutely concede that Klopp's more likely to be right than any of us, many fans including me (not to mention the player himself) questioned - to say the least of it - some of those decisions, certainly if the Ox's personal performance in those matches was anything to go by and the substitutions weren't made for wider tactical reasons.

But the main point now is whether a swap for Partey would make sense. As you can probably tell, I'm not persuaded that it would.

That can't be right, Froggy. Apart from anything else I'm sure he was subbed on at least a couple of times. And, while I absolutely concede that Klopp's more likely to be right than any of us, many fans including me (not to mention the player himself) questioned - to say the least of it - some of those decisions, certainly if the Ox's personal performance in those matches was anything to go by and the substitutions weren't made for wider tactical reasons.

But the main point now is whether a swap for Partey would make sense. As you can probably tell, I'm not persuaded that it would.
Well I'm not convinced either. We don't have enough goals from MF as it is so Ox's 8 in a train-wreck of a season (even before CV-19) is pretty damn good.

His subs record (on/off mins played) is here mate : https://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/leistungsdaten/spieler/143424

We could do with an upgrade in midfield, but it is not top of the list for me.

Forward. One who can slot in across the front line.
Left-back, preferably one who can also provide cover on the right.
Central midfield. Box to Box type, who can provide runs from midfield and some goals.

Looks like we'll be lining up like this next season according to rumours:

Werner Mbappe

Mane Firmino Salah

Partey Havertz

Fabinho

Robertson Van Dijk Koulibaly TAA

Alison

Looks like we'll be lining up like this next season according to rumours:

Werner Mbappe

Mane Firmino Salah

Partey Havertz

Fabinho

Robertson Van Dijk Koulibaly TAA

Alison
The question is, do we need to spend so much if we could stick 13 players on the pitch. 13 from the U21 team may well be enough to win the league.

The question is, do we need to spend so much if we could stick 13 players on the pitch. 13 from the U21 team may well be enough to win the league.

Wait till you see the bench...,

Poor the Messi

If Lallana, Clyne, and Lovren all leave the club in the summer that will get a lot of wages off the books.

That is surely around £250k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom