• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Number 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
Just occurred to me that we win the European Cup when the final is played at a stadium with a running track (Well, a dog track at Wembley). Anyway, I'm now hanging my belief on this. I do not enjoy feeling this confident, but a fresh Mane will be a nightmare for Spartak hopefully.
COYMR!

Put your money where your mouth is, we are still long odds.

I backed up before we qualified!!

6 is on the way

Just occurred to me that we win the European Cup when the final is played at a stadium with a running track (Well, a dog track at Wembley). Anyway, I'm now hanging my belief on this. I do not enjoy feeling this confident, but a fresh Mane will be a nightmare for Spartak hopefully.
COYMR!
I was in the pub on Saturday watching Arse v Scum and of the 20 or so in "my crowd" about 15 of them were United fans. At half time, during a bit of Liverpool/United "banter" I confirmed that United were the 2nd most successful British team ever.

The heated argument that ensued was great fun. No mater how many times they told me (and 2 other LFC fans with me) that they had won more league titles and more overall trophies I, very patronisingly, congratulated them on winning a few more Charity Shields and World Club Championships than us but that nobody in Europe will take them seriously because they've won the CL about the same amount of times as Nottm Forest and Porto. I finished with "The big teams like Bayern, Liverpool, AC Milan, Barca and Madrid have all won it 5 or more times and if we win it this year we'll have won the most prestigious club trophy twice as often as you guys so how the fuck are you more successful than us"

I'm nearly 55 and I STILL love those angry pub exchanges between rival fans :) and in fairness once the game was over we are all best mates again.

Put your money where your mouth is, we are still long odds.

I backed up before we qualified!!

6 is on the way

I've never bet on the Reds in my life. Not starting now. I'd rather do the Peter Cook individual game thing. Bet on the opposition to the amount it's worth to you that WE win. Then if we win it's all good and it's cost you a tenner or whatever. But if we lose you've got a few extra quid to drown your sorrows.

I've never bet on the Reds in my life. Not starting now. I'd rather do the Peter Cook individual game thing. Bet on the opposition to the amount it's worth to you that WE win. Then if we win it's all good and it's cost you a tenner or whatever. But if we lose you've got a few extra quid to drown your sorrows.

I used to do that when I had a season ticket. Perfect internal logic.

I was in the pub on Saturday watching Arse v Scum and of the 20 or so in "my crowd" about 15 of them were United fans. At half time, during a bit of Liverpool/United "banter" I confirmed that United were the 2nd most successful British team ever.

The heated argument that ensued was great fun. No mater how many times they told me (and 2 other LFC fans with me) that they had won more league titles and more overall trophies I, very patronisingly, congratulated them on winning a few more Charity Shields and World Club Championships than us but that nobody in Europe will take them seriously because they've won the CL about the same amount of times as Nottm Forest and Porto. I finished with "The big teams like Bayern, Liverpool, AC Milan, Barca and Madrid have all won it 5 or more times and if we win it this year we'll have won the most prestigious club trophy twice as often as you guys so how the fuck are you more successful than us"

I'm nearly 55 and I STILL love those angry pub exchanges between rival fans :) and in fairness once the game was over we are all best mates again.

You've got manc mates? Are you taking the piss?

Yep that's my logic too. Got me a nice little earner when i did an in-play bet when we were playing bournemouth.

When i originally saw this thread i thought it was going to be about getting a quality number 6 in our team.

Yep that's my logic too. Got me a nice little earner when i did an in-play bet when we were playing bournemouth.

When i originally saw this thread i thought it was going to be about getting a quality number 6 in our team.

Or
e515240a26e7b83c9a063e930eb01d32--cigarette-packaging-design-packaging.jpg

We're brilliant going forward and awful at the back.

If we were brilliant at the back and awful going forward, we might have a shot at a European Cup

We're brilliant going forward and awful at the back.

If we were brilliant at the back and awful going forward, we might have a shot at a European Cup
If (hugely unlikely I know) we keep Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino fit then we can win the CL. If we can also add Van Dijk and play him with Matip then we will win it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom