• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Official News and Speculation on Managerial Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks as if its definately Rogers - we are in discussions with Swansea as to his release clause - Reported by BBC - also DEFINATELY no DOF to be installed.

Oh well not who I would ideally want but I hope he is given time to impose his style on our club, have to say I was astonished how Swansea outarsenaled Arsenal at home last season. If he can get us to play like that he will win alot of friends very quickly. Hope these owners have not budgeted for the CL in 2013/4 because I dont see much chance of that, and what we do desperately need is a period of managerial stability

Martinez turns down Liverpool over plans for three sporting directors

The Reds' American owners are preparing a major restructure of managerial affairs, leaving Brendan Rodgers the clear favourite to replace Kenny Dalglish at Anfield

30 May 2012 13:38:00
188033hp2.jpg

Getty
EXCLUSIVEBy Greg Stobart & Wayne Veysey

The Reds want a tier of three directors to take up the duties performed by former director of football Damien Comolli in a pioneering plan to make their operations more effective.

Martinez, however, was not willing to work under three men, plus managing director Ian Ayre, and the Wigan boss informed Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) on Tuesday that he would not join the club.

It leaves Brendan Rodgers in line to take over at Anfield, with a fresh approach for the Northern Irishman expected in the next few days. The Swansea manager is prepared to work within Liverpool’s proposed structure and fits FSG’s vision for a young, dynamic manager who is capable of introducing a footballing ethos which runs through all levels at the club.

Goal.com understands Liverpool’s groundbreaking plan is to employ one executive to oversee statistics, another whose role will be to conduct negotiations and a third ‘football man’ with contacts within the game.

FSG has already interviewed four candidates to take on the duties, with current Head of Analytics Michael Edwards set for a promotion to take charge of the ‘Moneyball’ concept of finding value in the transfer market based on statistics. Edwards was previously a performance analyst at Tottenham and Portsmouth.

Louis van Gaal remains the outstanding candidate to take on the more traditional sporting director duties given his wealth of experience, his knowledge of players and his worldwide contacts.

Rodgers is believed to have told Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins that he would like to take over at Anfield during a two-hour meeting on Tuesday.

That came shortly after Martinez turned down the job, believing his power and control over the football side of the club would be too diluted for him to realise his vision to bring regular Champions League football back to Anfield.

Martinez, 38, still feels ready for a new challenge and remains a leading candidate for the vacancy at Aston Villa.

@danroan: BBC's Pat Murphy reports Brendan Rodgers expected to be confirmed as new L'pool manager next 48 hrs. Compensation talks with Swansea ongoing

@danroan: BBC's Pat Murphy reports Brendan Rodgers expected to be confirmed as new L'pool manager next 48 hrs. Compensation talks with Swansea ongoing

Just had a text about this and NO DoF either..........seems to change hourly what you hear

If it is Rodgers then 2 things:

1 - I'm delighted. Best young manager in the country, sexy positive football for a change and a manager that gives a fucking shit about tactics.

2 - I couldn't have been anymore right over the last 7 days about Martinez. I predicted every last fuckinf drop of this.

Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
Manager: Brendan Rodgers. Sporting Director: Louis van Gaal. Technical Director: Pep Segura. #LFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom