• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oldham, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure 1 player telling another to F... Off is that big of a deal really. I'm sure I've seen that about 10 squillion times on a footy pitch. Might be wrong.
Mind you, these sensitive millionaire metrosexual types can be quite touchy I hear.
Cheddars.

Surely you mean get up for it?

Sometimes our matches are on at 7am here Dreambeliever, so I go to bed and get up at 7 rather than staying up.

Game finished at 5am - kicked off at 3am.

Mind you - I had a snooze for an hour or so before the game - wished I'd remained in my slumber.

I'm guessing he's found them a difficult bunch to gee up (there was some evidence of this in that documentary recently) and has resorted to this as Plan B.

He also briefed them on how pissed off he is with Skrtel. Apparently they don't get on at all these days.

Prior to that. Apparently they've had quite a few arguments this year and their relationship has not exactly fallen apart but it's pretty fragile. I don't know why, precisely.

He also briefed them on how pissed off he is with Skrtel. Apparently they don't get on at all these days.
Did Kenny, Souness, Evans et al. give these private press briefings? Or did it all start with Ged?

I think it''s always gone on, although it certainly grew into more of a routine from Ged onwards. Kenny didn't bother too much but otherwise it's become a regular thing.

The guy can't help himself. He's like David Brent when the camera is around. Filling the emptiness with endless blather. If a journalist asked him what he had for breakfast he'd say "I always start with orange juice, one million percent, the oranges are young but with the belief in our love and respect for the fans, our team mates and our families we can juice them and utilise them going forward to execute my breakfast tactics. Then comes bacon and eggs, this all starts in the training kitchen where we implement the ongoing forward planning and idea showers of the crucial prematch frying management for the tests ahead. My wife brings it to the table and we applaud her as she applauds us. It's a two-way street. The holy trinity of the breakfast club. If we all pull together and trust each other and have the bravery to pass the salt and pepper under pressure then it will be death by clogged arteries for all of us. It's this attention to detail that will incentivise our holistic, cradle to grave approach to the next generation of breakfasts. " (continue till journalists have filled two reporters notebooks front and back)

strangely I actually like the bloke, but more action, less words would be nice.

The guy can't help himself. He's like David Brent when the camera is around. Filling the emptiness with endless blather. If a journalist asked him what he had for breakfast he'd say "I always start with orange juice, one million percent, the oranges are young but with the belief in our love and respect for the fans, our team mates and our families we can juice them and utilise them going forward to execute my breakfast tactics. Then comes bacon and eggs, this all starts in the training kitchen where we implement the ongoing forward planning and idea showers of the crucial prematch frying management for the tests ahead. My wife brings it to the table and we applaud her as she applauds us. It's a two-way street. The holy trinity of the breakfast club. If we all pull together and trust each other and have the bravery to pass the salt and pepper under pressure then it will be death by clogged arteries for all of us. It's this attention to detail that will incentivise our holistic, cradle to grave approach to the next generation of breakfasts. " (continue till journalists have filled two reporters notebooks front and back)

Hahaha, that made me lol, which scared the cat sitting on my lap.

I think it''s always gone on, although it certainly grew into more of a routine from Ged onwards. Kenny didn't bother too much but otherwise it's become a regular thing.
Cheers.

I can understand some of it, but a lot of it is very confusing. Sometimes you wander if our managers are using the press as a substitute for a good psychiatrist.

Ha Ha spot on, wouldn't it be nice if he just said sorry I picked the wrong team and formation and left it at that and kept his criticisms for the players behind closed doors.

Prior to that. Apparently they've had quite a few arguments this year and their relationship has not exactly fallen apart but it's pretty fragile. I don't know why, precisely.

Interesting and rather worrying. I can just see BR telling Skrtel to "stop being so shit with the ball. why are you so shit with the ball' dude"

I am not a fan of airing our dirty laundry in public but Rodgers was criticized by some for having a go at Downing in the media last November and that didn't do him any harm.
Perhaps we should wait and see how Skrtel responds before deciding the merits of the criticism

Possibly explains why Skrtel was dropped for Carra against Norwich. Maybe we'll see that continued against Arsenal.

The weird thing is, I thought Skrtel was our best defender against Oldham and put himself about a bit. its the others who were AWOL.

The weird thing is, I thought Skrtel was our best defender against Oldham and put himself about a bit. its the others who were AWOL.

I recall him rolling around on the floor at least twice after having been smashed in the face and head by that caucasian Drogba! I'm sure it hurt like hell but all it did was encourage the Oldham striker to continue to throw Skrtel and Coates around on his own for the rest of the game.

Possibly explains why Skrtel was dropped for Carra against Norwich. Maybe we'll see that continued against Arsenal.

The problem is that Rodgers has been outspoken about quite a few people who he will depend on later. He came in with a clear idea and vision on who should play for him, and who was not good enough.

Allen and Şahin was "Big" signings who should control our midfield. Adams was early sent away, Aquaman the same and Hendo was unwanted in start of season. As I agree that Adam and Aquaman was better off other places it is hugely debatable if Allen and Şahin has done anything but just replaced the lack of composure we had in midfield with the two A's. Shelvey was also on the list of players who could leave on loan, and he is the one midfielder that have contributed most inside the opposition box bar Gerrard.

Carroll was clearly an unwanted man from the very start. The future was Borini. I know we looked for replacements for Carroll, but even replacing him with Borini has set us back. The young Italian need time as he is 21 and need to settle. Well, Carroll is pretty much same age and had begun to settle. I don't buy that it is proof that he has not been a hit in West Ham. He clearly had begun to show what he could do for us, and now he has to restart under Sam Allardyce.

Downing was told early he could leave. Assaidi was brought in as a winger and I am not sure if he already did leave or not? With only kids fighting for wide positions BR has had to rely on Downing, and rather use Suso as the alternative.

In defence it seemed like Enrique was an unwanted gooner. This probably based on a poor second half of last season. We really really miss him now when he is injured, and have to rely on Wisdom and Robinson.

How much faith does he have in Reina? God knows, and reina has let himself down on a few occasions. But he is head and shoulder above the alternatives. When the manager clearly has his doubtes, where does that leave us keeperwise?

We have a thin squad compared to many of the other top half teams. To manslaughter them every time he has to reshuffle his team around halftime (and that has been quite a few times) he is not doing anyone any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom