• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One Year Ago Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

6CM Addict
Honorary Member
Saw a similar thread elsewhere and thought worth of a topic of discussion.

We were beaten 2-1 at home by Blackpool.
We had 6 points from 7 league games.
We had Roy Hodgson as manager
We'd signed the likes of Jovanovic , Poulsen and Konchesky
We were about to get beaten in the local derby and be told by our manager that it was the best performance of the season.
Our owners were about to default on loans, were desperately scrabbling around looking for some financial mug to lend them more and place even more debt upon us, and we were close to administration.

But 3 days we were to hear that the club had potentially been sold and the two odious fuckers had been essentially overruled in the boardroom leading to a further tense fortnight of courtroom drama and internet guerilla warfare which ultimately led to our club being sold to John Henry & friends.

Now I know we don't have a perfect team at the moment and we have a long way to go. If look back less than 12 months ago and take a view of where we are today to where we were then we've made a massive leap forward. I don't even think we've kicked into gear yet this season either. I'm really hopeful as to what we can achieve in the next 12 months time. We've come on leaps and bounds. We're no longer a laughing stock and we WILL become a force to contend with !

I was telling this (kind of) thing to people all weekend.

Anyways - what about letting Ming go?

INTERNET RAGE

Great post Sunny. Thought about something similar yesterday. Its easy to forget but we were fucking close to being whiped off the map completly.

Absolutely. I wouldn't have imagined a year ago that we could have been arguing about players we'd paid too much for! We could hardly afford anyone then.
Things are not perfect but at least we can have hope now. When the 2 cunts were in charge and bumbling old Woy was manager things were just desperate.

And we've played 4 away games ! None of which are easy fixtures. And we've created plenty of chances which we just need to be more clinical with. The signs of recovery are there. We need to keep on building and building on it.

Pffft Ming was a historical porcelain piece of art, maybe priceless and fragile but it is simply a museum piece for LFC to admire for a season in a glass case.

We have other objects of beauty now. Let's admire while we can. Eh?

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=47087.msg1408421#msg1408421 date=1317659242]
Pffft Ming was a historical porcelain piece of art, maybe priceless and fragile but it is simply a museum piece for LFC to admire for a season in a glass case.

We have other objects of beauty now. Let's admire while we can. Eh?
[/quote]

*Eyes Y1 verrrrry suspiciously*

What's with all the positivity you ? You won't lull me into a false sense of security before pelting a pessimism grenade over the fence matey. No sirree, not me. Defences are UP.

*wicked sniggers*

I am not all negative, i am half negative, half positive.

Wuaahhaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa

3-4 years ago we had a team with Alonso, Torres, Mascherano and Hyypia.
We played in Champions league regularly, beating teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter.

Now we've got Charlie Adam and we rave about beating Wolves.

Before you starting throwing rocks at me, I just want to add that I'm kidding.

EDIT: But I must admit there's about a milligram of truth in it.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47087.msg1408443#msg1408443 date=1317662688]
3-4 years ago we had a team with Alonso, Torres, Mascherano and Hyypia.
We played in Champions league regularly, beating teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Inter.

Now we've got Charlie Adam and we rave about beating Wolves.
[/quote]
WUM

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47087.msg1408445#msg1408445 date=1317662790]
Before you starting throwing rocks at me, I just want to add that I'm kidding.
[/quote]
*starts throwing rocks anyway*

I know you're kidding Modo but, yeh know, fuck it.

*picks up half brick*
*aims...............

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=47087.msg1408448#msg1408448 date=1317662934]
Anyone else see the thread title and think: "Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play"?
[/quote]It must be an age thing JJ

[size=4pt]I thought the same thing too[/size]

*Takes opportunity to open a stall that sells rocks to stone Modo*

3 for a fiver lads.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47087.msg1408518#msg1408518 date=1317673669]

3 for a fiver lads.
[/quote]

You'll need more staff

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47087.msg1408523#msg1408523 date=1317674228]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=47087.msg1408518#msg1408518 date=1317673669]

3 for a fiver lads.
[/quote]

You'll need more staff
[/quote]

Stoning

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47087.msg1408528#msg1408528 date=1317674996]
I guess I could get stoned with Modo.
[/quote]

There's alllllways one.

Little did we know that one of the teams on fire, arsenal, would be themselves on the way down. Things change quickly in football, so you can't worry about a bad result here and there.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47087.msg1408453#msg1408453 date=1317663219]
*get's outta dodge*
[/quote]

*launches big ass rock at Modo*

Dodge that muddafukka ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom