• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Bluemoon's Liverpool thread...

Me too. I couldn't fully enjoy the royal wedding because the finals were on my mind so today's party was only about 60 odd people, tiny really. Thank God for Tivo boxes. I'll watch the whole thing again tonight no matter what and if Chelsea and Real win I can watch it all again and properly enjoy it. Hopefully the memorabilia will be cheaper then too. I've filled my garage with investments but it can never hurt to have more. She may have been a Yank but she's ours now, God bless them.

From Bluemoon's Liverpool thread...

Me too. I couldn't fully enjoy the royal wedding because the finals were on my mind so today's party was only about 60 odd people, tiny really. Thank God for Tivo boxes. I'll watch the whole thing again tonight no matter what and if Chelsea and Real win I can watch it all again and properly enjoy it. Hopefully the memorabilia will be cheaper then too. I've filled my garage with investments but it can never hurt to have more. She may have been a Yank but she's ours now, God bless them.
That must be a parody?!

I only watched the last 15 minutes or so, but it didn't seem like the greatest game ever.

Happy with the result, or as happy as I could be given it's two of my Top 3 most hated teams playing. But given Conte is off, and this win won't make up for their season, plus it's fucking Mourinho and United, I was happy to see them lose.

What was the story with Lukaku, though? Declared himself unfit to start

Didn't find the FA Cup thread so I'll just leave this here. Shed a tear for "JLingz"

iE9HbdN.png

Whilst true, you could argue they could have won it 4 times if they kept some of those names

I get the feeling that Chelsea were getting these players just to prevent any of their rivals from getting them.. the prices they paid at the time was not something their rivals would value some of those players for.

Oh wow. Its a wonder this isnt a commonly held view

Yes Chelsea proved to be a graveyard for many excellent players. I was particularly disappointed for Scott Parker who was a real footballer's midfielder when he played for Charlton, but disappeared from the face of the earth once he was on Chelsea's books.

Yes Chelsea proved to be a graveyard for many excellent players. I was particularly disappointed for Scott Parker who was a real footballer's midfielder when he played for Charlton, but disappeared from the face of the earth once he was on Chelsea's books.
Didn't he go one to be England captain after leaving Chelsea? For Fulham?

Scott Parker did turn it around but he still bounced around from Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham, Fulham etc.

Steve Sidwell didn't learn from the Scott Parker lesson and also joined Chelsea only to sit in the bench. I suppose they received a pay rise though.

Scott Parker did turn it around but he still bounced around from Newcastle, Spurs, West Ham, Fulham etc.

Remember when Steve Sidwell joined Chelsea?
And Danny Drinkwater!!!

Scouse Man City Fan 1 (yes- it is apparently a thing)
There are lots of cars in Liverpool with flags on either side of the car, in anticipation of the champions league final. My local recycling centre has a liverpool flag flying. Many people are wearing Liverpool shirts. My local athletics club have tweeted that they are arranging a marquee in the grounds which will screen the champions league final. Many bars in Liverpool who normally show live matches for free are charging £10 to £20 to watch it live. There is a big debate around holding the victory parade on the sunday immediately after the match because supporters at the game won't make it back for the parade. Victory parade!!!!! - As far as this city is concerned Liverpool are already the champions league winners.

It's unbearable. Never in my life have I wanted a team not involved in a game with City to lose so much. I would happily celebrate United winning the FA Cup if this guaranteed Real Madrid winning the champions league final. The scousers need to be put back in their box. They are getting ahead of themselves. Once again

Scouse Man City Fan 2 (yes- still a thing)
Horrible isn’t it mate. The fucking thing will go right past my apartment if they win. I was sat in my barbers this morning and he asked if I wanted them to win, obviously told him absolutely fucking not. Surprisingly he hopes they win, you’d be forgiven for thinking he’s a red - he’s a fucking Everton fan!

The shitty plastic flags can get to fuck as well. A grown adult is hanging a flag out of his apartment window. Tempted to buy a Madrid flag and hang it out of mine if they win.

Oh wow. Its a wonder this isnt a commonly held view

But why do it ? They were making a loss doing it with players they had zero intention of playing. Worse .. these players were having their future go down the drain ... Until the great OX made a stand !!!!

Read the thread earlier. It's brilliant.

The Istanbul Protocol. Awesome.

I remember threads linking to various Everton, Chelsea and United fan forums after that game, with real-time comment as the game progressed, and it's the best time I've ever had on the internet.

The slow shift from mockery and gloating elation, to slight concern, to creeping dread and then finally utter despair, was life-affirmingly joyous.

I remember threads linking to various Everton, Chelsea and United fan forums after that game, with real-time comment as the game progressed, and it's the best time I've ever had on the internet.

The slow shift from mockery and gloating elation, to slight concern, to creeping dread and then finally utter despair, was life-affirmingly joyous.
Yep. That twitter thread was like reliving that for me.

Fucking off home at HT to get your Everton scarf & then coming back the pub to watch that. Hahahahaha.

Aye - I particularly remember the one on the Chelsea forum (hilariously called 'The Intelligent Forum') I found it on the 10th anniversary and posted it here - I'll try and find it - It's gold! :D

EDIT: - Got it!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/english-football/38208-what-chelsea-fans-said-during-istanbul.html

Joe Cole claimed he couldn't bear to watch the Champions League final but it seems a few fans from Chelsea couldn't resist. This is a transcript of their conversation on an unofficial Chelsea website on the night of May 25 2005.

The transcript is from the message boards of CFCnet, "the intelligent forum" for fans of the Champions, Chelsea FC" and hundreds of Liverpool supporters have emailed it in to liverpoolfc.tv asking us to publish it in all its glory.

Remember this is taken from an unofficial Chelsea supporters website and not the Official Chelsea Football Club website. The supporters nicknames are presented in bold with their comments below. Enjoy.

h3rby

Liverpool are 1-0 down already
irked.gif
..not Crespo though

hernancrespo

Crespo almost scored!

dannyblue

bot bothered about crespo, just want milan to in so dont have to face "champions league your havin a larf" from the scousers next season. come on milan!!!

Paul Mcgoochan

Stop laughing you lot, he says, wiping tears from his eyes.

LOL,LOL,LOL.

Scott Miller

Kewell looks set to come off with a thigh injury. What a waste of money he was.

davidleighfisher

Kewell - the new Darren Anderton???

HA HA HA

h3rby

Crespo!!!!!!!!!!..................2-0

hernancrespo

I've scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Mcgoochan

CRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOO OO

2-0

johnnysunshine

goal to Crespo! come on Chelsea!

Alex Kirke

2-0 2-0

IT'S CRESPO

davidleighfisher

Paying half his wages for a season, was well worth that one moment!

Well done Crespo - the boy done good!

BYE BYE Mickey Mousers - Losers in 2 finals, 5th in the league and 37 points behind the CHAMPIONS, they must be sooo proud!

h3rby

omg crespo again!!!!!>...........get in 3-0

dannyblue

hernan crespo hernan crespo oooh oohh hernan crespo hernan crespo. yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!

hernancrespo

Crespo 3-0!

Alex Kirke

I loved that!

'Chelsea's revenge'

Paul Mcgoochan

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Am I going to enjoy work tomorrow.

h3rby

woooohooo a 4-0 pummling would be nice srespo hatrick muhahahahaha

Scott Miller

Sorry lads, I've got a meeting in a couple minutes and I won't be able to approve any of the second half posts. This isn't the normal match day thread where the posts don't require approval. Hopefully another moderator will be around for the second half.

3-0 at half-time. Silly Silly Scousers! They can add that to their wonderful history!

Jackass1987

Kaka! Kaka! Kaka!

Kaka was amazing! Hes superb! Bid for him! 100m!!!

Anyway Crespo ....2 for Chelsea!

Khobar

Thanks Liverpool - FOR EMBARASSING THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!

LMAO :) A few million on Crespos transfer fee methinks.

h3rby

my bin dipper pal is sayin omg were playin like chelsea ahahahahahahaha what a d**k

Jackass1987

Anyway, Rafa got it all wrong! His line-ups are crappy. Harry Kewell shouldnt be there....instead he should play Cisse. Cos he tought he can do a Chelsea against the mighty Milan....sorry mate!

I think 2nd half Milan will play it cool...and Pool will ...wait SHOULD attack like crazy.....

PaulT

So far just what I'd hoped for - resounding proof that (from England's point of view) the wromng team are in the final.

Gary Stone

Crespo's second goal was stunning, what a pass and finish.

Jackass1987

I keep imagine how is it going to be if Chelsea are playing...Terry taking on Cresp ...Carval on Sheva and so on...

Anyway Pool's defense is SHAKY tonight. Caraggher is nowhere at sight.......

h3rby

I miss him bring him back (

vincent

HaHaHahah HahahahahaHahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH and then ROFL

Richard

Poetic justice. Pool were never good enough for the big stage. That's what happens when you get into the realms of fantasy. They were lucky to go through against us.

Alex Kirke

Maybe the fools who so desperately wanted to see the CL come back to England, but cheered on Liverpool against us, will wish so much that it was Chelsea out there now.

h3rby

ahahahahah gerrard almost in tears!!! priceless!!

h3rby

Crespo hatrick tellin ya........... then comes back 2 bridge in summer as a blues hero hahaha

h3rby

Gerrard with a header 3-1

dannyblue

And there goes 5 million on a transfer fee or swap deal.

h3rby

omg Smicer 3-2

Gary Stone

Can't believe Liverpool have pulled two back.

hernancrespo

Hang on............. 3-2!

Gary Stone

Liverpool have got a penalty now, what is going on?

h3rby

omg penalty 3-3 alonso

Gary Stone

Missed and then scored the follow up. Liverpool have been outclassed yet somehow are level.

Alex Kirke

I dont believe this....

hernancrespo

Shocking! 3-3!!!!!!!

h3rby

manic game !! great final unlike the ****** fa cup

dannyblue

Crespo hatrick anyone??

Paul Mcgoochan

If Liverpool win, I'm going to avoid every newspaper and tv for the next 3 months.

h3rby

omg lierpool saved pushed it out and hit off the line

Gary Stone

Liverpool clear off the line again.

Alex Kirke

You just know Liverpool will win now...

If they win it like this... we'll never here the end of it...

hernancrespo

Come on Milan! Crespo hat-trick will come!

Gary Stone

There goes Hernan's chance of a hat-trick.

h3rby

No hatrick Crespo off (( boooooooo

hernancrespo

And he has been far better than Sheva! Come on Milan!!!

h3rby

is it gonna go pens if stays this at et or willl it be golden goal??

Paul Mcgoochan

Any-one for penalties. Shame Crespo is still not on. They might need him to take one.

blueerato

hey you blues, cant you have a little faith and keep the postscoming? Its not like Milan have lost now have they?????? They aregonna score a goal in extra time ............... bad thing Crespo is off

Khobar

C'mon Milan for Gods sake.

Alex Kirke

I don't know... Milan have really been shaken by those 3 goals.

I don't care if it goes to pens or not, as long as Milan win.

h3rby

milan will go through on pens i reckon

voodoo

Can't believe no one is commenting on Gerrard's dive for the penalty !

Rooney would have been proud of that one. Disgusting. But then again he's English, isn't he.

blue bliz

Is it just me or did Gerrard completely flop to get that penalty? I could have sworn that he was doing a Deco impersonation.

frad

Milan to win on penalties and Stevie OG to miss the decisive one. Would be nice to see that happen....

hernancrespo

Milan are beginning to do my head in. Come on Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Mcgoochan

voodoo and blue bliz, good shout. Thought the same thing. As do alot of people on this site.

h3rby

Milan are starting to go for the jugular now

h3rby

Smicer looks injured

dannyblue

PLEASE MILAN so that i dont have to pout up with whining scousers singing for the next decade, theyve just got over the eighties. Please

h3rby

omg off the line again!!!1

Paul Mcgoochan

Double save by Dudy. Can see Liverpool winning this on pens.

Gary Stone

Not by a Gerrard freekick, please.

Gary Stone

Phew, penalties.

h3rby

oh well pens it is

h3rby

omg milan 1 miss 1 saved

h3rby

2-0 on pens to the pool

hernancrespo

Gosh! Saved!

h3rby

ohhhhhhhhhhhh saved for milan 2-1

h3rby

2-2 now

h3rby

3-2 pool

BluSun

This is it .. we will never hear the end of how they won against Milan.. I am hoping for a miracle..

h3rby

omg Shevchenko had hissaved.

frad

NO!

Gary Stone

Liverpool European Champions, whats that all about?

hernancrespo

Goodnite guys! I'm beserk!!!

h3rby

they win it 2 keep fair play they pld excellent 2nd half well deserved gg

Khobar

Apalling - how far off the line was Dudek - how many dodgy decisions.

Gutted.

dannyblue

GUTTED. GOD anfield will be fun

Paul Mcgoochan

Oh well, no newspapers or tv for 3 months then.

DON'T ****** WELL BELIEVE IT.

NIGHTMARE COME TRUE.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

subimp555

I feel sick!!!!!!!

NB: Since publishing this article, we have been inundated with messages from Chelsea fans stressing that they were actually supporting Liverpool on the night.aved.

Last edited:
Pity can't find any of those numpties on twitter etc and ask them how embarrassed they feel now.

Redcafe on Fabinho :

This is so unfair

Good signing. Imagine going from Henderson and Wijnaldum to Fabinho and Keita in a few months.

Big respect, that's a great signing.

Okay, now piss is boiled. How quickly has this happened? If this were us we’d still be in the “trying to reach an agreement” stage. Class signing for the bastards, if they can sort out their goalkeeper and get another defender they’d be the ones to watch (as well as City of course) next season.

We have dropped the ball yet again while Woodward is somewhere fantasising about a galactico player. Liverpool now have arguably the best midfield in the PL - Keita and Fabinho will destroy teams next season.

Annoyed. He’s fecking brilliant. Can play anywhere across midfiled, can play at RB, all at an extremely high level.

If we actually wanted him, he would be a Utd player.

I feel with Liverpool getting them and a new GK and possibly a new CB to partner with VVD, they’ll have one of the best balanced starting Xl’s in the league.

Weird how Fabinho is meh all of a sudden even though we’d be jumping for joy had we got him.

Would go a long ways if people could throw away their bias/hater/homer glasses and look at things realistically from a genuine point of view. No ones saying he’s a world beater but he’s an exceptional player and one that’ll help neutralize the Liverpool imbalances.

That's...a good signing. Damn. And I think with Keita - who I really rate - they could be a force.. But it'll take them a few months to bed in - maybe next next season will be their year :). But yeah, it sadly might well be. They've done pretty bloody well with fecking Henderson and Milner in midfield..

Great signing for them, decent price too. Fabinho and Keita in midfield is a massive upgrade.

I'm not gonna do the "didn't want him anyways" - He'd be the perfect fit for us and it seems like Ed Woodward has been sleeping. Not even expensive in today's prices. Great buy.

All this talk about "they must win trophies". Why? What if they dont but finish 2nd 3rd or 4th and maybe make the semis of the CL? I'd say that solidifies them a lot more as a top European club then winning the decking league cup. It's all about progression, both on the pitch and in main tournaments. 2nd, 3rd or 4th... it really doesnt matter these days if all are close and all are far from top spot. It's the equivalent of a 12 year old dick measuring contest of who is longer when they're flaccid. That's why I dont care that we finished on 81 points or were 2nd this season. It was a shit season. We were embarrassed in the Champions league and played awful football on a weekly basis. Then, in the FA cup final, we lose to an absolutely trash Chelsea side and really barely looked like scoring bar on maybe the one Rashford chance. So yeah. I'm all for ripping on liverpool, we all hate them, but dont worry, it doesnt make you less of a United fan to begrudgingly acknowledge when someone is doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom