• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Our "6" against Chelsea

Prefix for Poll Threads

The DM against Chelsea?

• Thiago

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bajcetic

• Curtis

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Trent

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • "New DM"

• Double pivot with Mac and Trent (or someone else)

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
So who do you think will start if everyone in the current squad is fit?

It’ll be Curtis, with Trent dropping in to support from RB.

If fit, it should be Thiago, but that's a massive if.

It seems to me that we will continue this box midfield with Trent in that inverted midfield role.

That left double pivot's role is two fold - protect the CBs and help progress the ball in the first phase of play. Jones has no business playing that role. He doesn't have the tactical or positional sense to protect the CBs, and while his technical ability is not bad at all, the first-phase midfielder needs to have a particular skillset - receiving the ball on the turn and progressing it or recycling it. That's not Jones' game at all. Hell, Klopp has spent 3 years trying Jones as one of the 8s in the 4-3-3, and Jones never fully convinced. It took a drastic formation change for Jones to even show that he had a future at the club. Playing as one of two 8s in the box midfield is what Jones has shown he's best at, and I wouldn't be putting him anywhere else at the moment.

Thiago is made of biscuits, but he has vast experience in playing as a deep pivot, and he's excellent in the first phase. He can't offer defensive protection anymore, but I guess Lavia (or whoever else we buy) will take that position long term. Anyway, if he's fit, I'd pick him.

MacAllister can play at 6, but that'd be a waste given that we've spent all of preseason preparing with Szoboszlai and MacAllister as the two advanced 8s.

Fwiw, if we sign Lavia over the next few days, I'd actually throw him in straight.

I imagine it'll be Jones - TAA double pivot if Bajetic is not ready yet

Personally, i'm ok with jones/trent or ali/trent. neither are good enough, but its all we can muster.

If everyone's fit to go, it'll be Baj.

He won't be fit and even if he was wouldn't be considered by Klopp this early with no pre-season, same goes for Thiago.

Get a new DM in the door by Wednesday, couple of training sessions in....ready to start Sunday afternoon.

Stop fucking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom