• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our former golden boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XWev1CGUcq4

I know it's match day but the vid above appeared on my youtube feed and I couldn't help posting it here to get your thoughts.
It's been a few years now since he did the inexcusable, what's your opinion of him looking back?

Honestly, I still have a hard time looking at highlights from way back when he won us those cups.
I don't hate him, I just don't care.
I remember us talking about how he favoured England at the time and I got the feeling that he wasn't as loved as the likes of Fowler, Carra and Gerrard.
Going to Manchester felt like the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
He was my favourite player as a kid, especially in those first breakthrough seasons, but as you grow up you realise he's a dreary, weird, boring prick.

He acts like he had no choice but to sign for United or Everton, but he could have waited. Other teams would have came in for him. And that's if you ignore the fact he screwed us of what should have been a really large transfer fee when he left. I don't hate him, but he does annoy me, and it's bewildering he's managed to forge a media career despite being dislike by all clubs he played for, has zero charisma, and offers up weatherspoons level analysis.

I don’t hate him, Torres or Suarez. I don’t think he’ll ever become a great pundit but recently I’ve started to notice a little bit of personality and when he talks about movement/finishing and other striker stuff he actually is worth listening to.

The Argentina match he was unreal, loved him as a kid and I’ve got mostly nice memories of him as a Liverpool player. I think we got his best years anyway didn’t we?

I hate him. He's a judas cunt, and one of the worst commentators in history.

Reactions: jan
He was my favourite player as a kid, especially in those first breakthrough seasons, but as you grow up you realise he's a dreary, weird, boring prick.

Couldn't have put it better, really. Also whoever thought getting him on comms was a good idea should be shot

Commeth the hour, commeth the man!

Assist for Jones!!

Only forward left of the team that would turn this around.

Get the winner now lads!

mo-salah-breaks-into-the-top-10-goal-scorers-list-in-the-v0-jz4d6rul5a5c1.jpg

Bye bye Owen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom