• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our last three title challenges 2002, 2009 & 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

Which has been the best or most enjoyable one for you?

Which has been the most competitive?

Which one has been the more realistic challenge?

2014 as it came out of nowhere and was that relentless from Jan upto chelsea. Both my heart and head thought we would do it.

Plus battering utd, arsenal in a 20 minute masterclass, spurs twice and generally playing some pretty sexy football.

Oh and Suarez, he would be another factor for why this challenge tops all others, embodied by his crumple and tears when we seemingly fell at the last hurdle. Best player I've seen (live) in a red shirt by a doddle.

This one has been the most competitive and realistic challenge.

The season under Rafa was particularly annoying given that we pretty much fucked it at Xmas.

Which has been the best or most enjoyable one for you?

Which has been the most competitive?

Which one has been the more realistic challenge?

This one, this one, this one.

The other two didn't really tick any of those boxes if we're honest.

Yeah, this one for the reasons given by others above, plus the fact that (IMO at any rate) this one looks likelier to last.

This one. For reasons already mentioned, also the fact that we're so far above united just adds to it.

This one... but I do have a soft spot for absolutely twatting Real ... not that that was a prem game but...

Its a shame Riise went the full retard at the very worst time... i reckon we would have won number 6.

What about the challenge under Roy Evans when we came 3rd in a 2 horse race? 97 or 98 wasn't it?

Anyway, the answer is this year - although I believe EVERY year, this year was the one when I REALLY believed

What about the challenge under Roy Evans when we came 3rd in a 2 horse race? 97 or 98 wasn't it?

Anyway, the answer is this year - although I believe EVERY year, this year was the one when I REALLY believed

I never believed under Uncle Roy. Even if we'd been in Citeh's current position under him, I'd still have expected we'd blow it.

This year by far. In 2002 and 2009 we were always chasing and relying on others to falter. This year we've made our own weather with a stunning run of wins and some of the best football I've seen in 50+ years of watching the Reds.
My worry is what happened after 2002 and 2009. The next transfer window was disastrous, the team went backward and the manager was sacked within two years. Far better to think of how the 1972 team reacted. Losing the league after taking just 1 point from 2 games, they bounced back to claim the title in 1973

This year by far. In 2002 and 2009 we were always chasing and relying on others to falter. This year we've made our own weather with a stunning run of wins and some of the best football I've seen in 50+ years of watching the Reds.
My worry is what happened after 2002 and 2009. The next transfer window was disastrous, the team went backward and the manager was sacked within two years. Far better to think of how the 1972 team reacted. Losing the league after taking just 1 point from 2 games, they bounced back to claim the title in 1973

I've been a Red for the same length of time as you and IMO things are *very* different now from the way they were in 2002 and 2009. We have owners who know what they're doing, an club structure which is fit for purpose and a manager who isn't too stubborn to rethink things when needed.

This has to be the best and memorable by far, due to destroying teams for fun and running the league to the last game of the season but I did enjoy Rafa's go at it specially when we finished above a fergies man utd team aswell competing in Europe.

This one although that week of twatting Real and United was one of the best ever.

Team spirits his season has been the best it's been in ages

This one by far. The football has been breathtakingly good and we have been in it until, pretty much, the penultimate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom