• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our worrying form??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, didn't think we deserved to win. Our keeper was our best player, we got Alice's upon on a number of occasions. A draw was probably fair but we could easily of lost. Our forward line doesn't scare everyone when Mane and Coutinho are out.

They could have easily lost too...

They could have easily lost too...
Not really as the two people our best chances fell to were the least capable of scoring from those areas.

Other than that they were stretching us really hard. I also found Klopps interview at the end a little strange as he felt upset and thought for reasons of hard work we should have won which is bollox at this level of football. Teams can work hard but it dont mean they are gonna win. The problem we have as a collective is that we work bloody hard to win games and even draw games and also lose games. Yea we should be winning those games where the players are really working BUT i am with Dreamy and Brendan on the issue of lacking enough pacy good attacking threats up front. Klopp really needs to buy.

We seem to have hit some kind of snag in our goal-scoring form – now zero goals from open play in the last 4(!) games already. That's around 380 minutes of football since Mane's goal vs Sunderland. Yes, two of those games had a few kids playing, but even in those games we had our senior strikers – Sturridge and Origi – on the pitch. We need to break this trend against Swansea because it does become worrying the longer it goes on.

It's worrying. Mane's absence seems, to me, to have led to an exaggeration of the importance of his presence. He hasn't been THAT good in some games when we've still played pretty well. At times I've found him quite frustrating, and I still don't think he always uses his pace - which is certainly a great element to have in the team - as much as he could and should have done. The great appeal of Klopp's approach for me has been the fact that it's taken us away from the idea and image of a one man team, so to find ourselves back, or see ourselves put back there by some pundits, is depressing. Last season there were some games when the team looked irresistible, so they can do it without Mane, deffo. Maybe they're just worn out already, but it's really a bad time to have such a dip.

It's worrying. Mane's absence seems, to me, to have led to an exaggeration of the importance of his presence. He hasn't been THAT good in some games when we've still played pretty well. At times I've found him quite frustrating, and I still don't think he always uses his pace - which is certainly a great element to have in the team - as much as he could and should have done. The great appeal of Klopp's approach for me has been the fact that it's taken us away from the idea and image of a one man team, so to find ourselves back, or see ourselves put back there by some pundits, is depressing. Last season there were some games when the team looked irresistible, so they can do it without Mane, deffo. Maybe they're just worn out already, but it's really a bad time to have such a dip.

Totally agree re exaggerating the importance of Mane. It's all felt quite bitty lately with his, Matip, Henderson and Coutinho's situations all coinciding with lots of games over Xmas and Jan with players needing rest. We'll definitely start to get some consistency of selection soon with those above coming back and Mane returning. It might take until Feb but after than, injuries permitting, I think we'll have a very strong run in.

Longer term, I'm certain Klopp will improve us in the summer and I think it could be substantial improvement (assuming we qualify for the CL). Sturridge and Can will be replaced by players who will work better with the rest of the team (and will be an upgrade on what we currently have) and we'll probably add one to the list of possibles for the front 6.

So are we actually gonna win a game in Jan against a top flight club? :(

Our defense has always been suspect but now our attack is also toothless.

We've gone from title contenders to bring in a serious scrap for top 4 and could easily be 6th in no time.

It's not worrying form.. Unless you stick your head in a noose and like to dawdle a while. It's appalling form.

So are we actually gonna win a game in Jan against a top flight club? :(

Our defense has always been suspect but now our attack is also toothless.

We've gone from title contenders to bring in a serious scrap for top 4 and could easily be 6th in no time.

Any win would do. a win on saturday would feel like a final win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom