• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pacquiao-v-Cotto

You gotta like Manny.

He's a smashing little fighter without the cunty element that good boxers normally have.

Looks like I owe Manny a big apology then :)
Much stronger and better punch resistance than I expected. Brilliant.

Tremendous fight.

(I'll still back Floyd if they get together though ;) )

Manny's speed, accuracy and surprising power was something to behold.

Cotto just didnt have an answer for it - you could sense the desparation in his reactions. The final straw was when he tried to imppose himself and got caught with the left hook. After that he was finished.

Manny Schooled Cotto last night.

That was a good fight, manny is an exceptional fighter. The angles he made for the punches was superb he applies exceptional pressure and throws really good combos.

They have to make the manny floyd fight now, that would be a great fight and one I think I would pay to watch.

Manny is a stunning fighter, great fight again. How may more weights do you think he could conquer anyone reckon he could get up to middleweight.

Manny is simply fantastic. He never once looked hurt and the speed/power of the guy is just phenomenal.

Fair play to Cotto, i don't think many fighters would take that beating and still be willing/able to continue.

I can't wait for the Manny v FM fight now.

I'm not a real big boxing fan but after watching that Pacquiao was all over him, the fight should have been stopped in the 9th round cos anything after that was just dancing in the ring with Cotto hoping to land a big lucky punch, which he obviously didnt.

The other thing I take away from the fight is I'm a big wimp, no way would I get anywhere near a ring Cotto has some serious heart for staying in the ring after the battering he took

[quote author=Asim link=topic=37199.msg989084#msg989084 date=1258302842]
I'm not a real big boxing fan but after watching that Pacquiao was all over him, the fight should have been stopped in the 9th round cos anything after that was just dancing in the ring with Cotto hoping to land a big lucky punch, which he obviously didnt.

The other thing I take away from the fight is I'm a big wimp, no way would I get anywhere near a ring Cotto has some serious heart for staying in the ring after the battering he took
[/quote]

Aye, there's not many of us would be willing to take a battering in the ring.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=37199.msg988925#msg988925 date=1258278190]
I've not seen a top fighter made to look SO ordinary in quite some time.
[/quote]

So, you didn't see the Hatton destruction then ?

[quote author=themn link=topic=37199.msg989140#msg989140 date=1258308500]
[/quote]

So, you didn't see the Hatton destruction then ?
[/quote]

I did, but I've never really considered Hatton to be a 'top' fighter. More an accomplished boxer who's been managed well. He tried to take a step up in class and wasn't up to it.

Cotto was a real class act and fancied by many 'experts' to win handsomely last night. I think it was a more of an upset than the destruction of Hatton.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37199.msg989147#msg989147 date=1258308614]
Mayweather dismantling Gatti was the worst/best I've seen
[/quote]

Same here. Now that was an exhibition.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37199.msg988944#msg988944 date=1258283201]
Looks like I owe Manny a big apology then :)
Much stronger and better punch resistance than I expected. Brilliant.

Tremendous fight.

(I'll still back Floyd if they get together though ;) )
[/quote]

Didn't you think Hatton would beat him too?
You need to learn by your mistakes.

Pacquiao would beat Mayweather on points with a few knockdowns early on.

Hmm - not sure about that. Pacquiao's never met anyone with Mayweather's defensive brilliance. Ideally I'd want to wait till nearer the fight before making a definitive prediction, but if I had to predict now I think I'd take Mayweather to win.

[/quote]

You must have missed Floyd beating Margarito a few weeks ago then.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37199.msg997333#msg997333 date=1259073045]

[/quote]

You must have missed Floyd beating Margarito a few weeks ago then.

[/quote]

He ducked him.

You're thinking about Juan.M.Marquez.

Back
Top Bottom