• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pain in the Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luis Diaz leaves Liverpool training camp after injury setback

GettyImages-1447184924-1024x784.jpg

By James Pearce
8m ago

Luis Diaz has left Liverpool’s training camp in Dubai after suffering a setback in his recovery from a knee injury.
The Colombia international only returned to parts of team training on Tuesday following eight weeks on the sidelines.
However, he since complained of discomfort in the same knee and the decision was taken for him to return to the UK. He will now undergo a scan to determine the extent of the problem with Jurgen Klopp facing an anxious wait.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 25-year-old hasn’t featured since the defeat to Arsenal in early October and is now a major doubt for Liverpool’s festive schedule.
Klopp’s side return to competitive action when they face Manchester City in the Carabao Cup on December 22 before travelling to Aston Villa in the Premier League on Boxing Day. Liverpool then face Leicester on December 30 before taking on Brentford on January 2.
Liverpool play a friendly against Lyon in Dubai this Sunday.

Define setback. Could be normal pain due to rehab and healing as opposed to a major issue. Let’s wait and see

We have to buy Mudryk now, I think.
Isn't he Arse bound? Mudryk would be great, but I really don't think we have the cash as supposedly we're going for Jude, Ambrabat and Enzo. if any of that is true, I'd be happy with Trossard in Jan

No Jota till Feb and no Diaz till March. Good to know that the second half of our season will also be fucked

Is this March rumour accurate?

EDIT: Just seen other thread. balls

Last edited:
This looks a lot like the injury was mis-managed.

Sounds more like incredibly bad luck:

On Diaz, he continued: "Yeah, he was not in the best possible place. It's clear it's a big disappointment for all of us, for him as well.
"It was a non-situation in training, honestly – nothing, felt something. [He] didn't feel a lot next day but we wanted to be really cautious and said, 'OK, come on, let's have a look.'
"Yeah, then the news came and it was a proper smash in the face. But that's it now."

Diaz has aot if credit, I blame his injury on the ref in that Arsenal game, he was being physically targeted in that game, and just knew that cunt was going to rip his flesh off, which is what it looked like. Had he stayed on in that game, Arsenal would not have win that game . Fuck those gooner cunts

Sounds more like incredibly bad luck:

On Diaz, he continued: "Yeah, he was not in the best possible place. It's clear it's a big disappointment for all of us, for him as well.
"It was a non-situation in training, honestly – nothing, felt something. [He] didn't feel a lot next day but we wanted to be really cautious and said, 'OK, come on, let's have a look.'
"Yeah, then the news came and it was a proper smash in the face. But that's it now."
The point is it looks like he wasn't ready for training.

It's a huge blow. In the summer I had Diaz pencilled in as our player of the year and to be one of the best 2-3 players in the league in 2022/23. He had such a great start and everything was well placed for him to improve his numbers after settling nicely into the league. Unfortunately injuries have scuppered his season for us and his World Cup.

And it's not just about the short-term. You do not have to be genius to figure out ligament injuries are more detrimental to quick, attacking players. We've all lived through the impact on Owen, Torres and Chamberlain, and they'll be plenty of others.

Blah!

It's a huge blow. In the summer I had Diaz pencilled in as our player of the year and to be one of the best 2-3 players in the league in 2022/23. He had such a great start and everything was well placed for him to improve his numbers after settling nicely into the league. Unfortunately injuries have scuppered his season for us and his World Cup.

And it's not just about the short-term. You do not have to be genius to figure out ligament injuries are more detrimental to quick, attacking players. We've all lived through the impact on Owen, Torres and Chamberlain, and they'll be plenty of others.

Blah!
Colombia didn't qualify for the WC.

Seems like Salah is worth his contract extension based on his fitness record alone.

(Yes, I'm aware I've now jinxed it)

Nice one, waa trying to avoid posting this.

However, Jota seems to be injured a lot too. We should consider a sale of we can get what we paid, with our budget and requirements it seems we can’t the level of long term injuries we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom