• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PEPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised by this, I thought the other Italian teams (bar juve) were skint, / tight. where did napoli get the 80 million from. Milan are not signing dejan and Inter are still haggling over the lukaku fee

Deal agreed with Napoli and Liverpool with two other clubs involved..

Its down to Pepe to choose who he wishes to join..

Allegedly

Well the latest word according to the supposedly reliable Italian journo Fabrizio Romano, is that Arsenal (?!) have met the asking price, and are prepared to pay what the agent is asking in terms of commission.

Well the latest word according to the supposedly reliable Italian journo Fabrizio Romano, is that Arsenal (?!) have met the asking price, and are prepared to pay what the agent is asking in terms of commission.
That's bullishit..

The most they will pay is a quid over 40 million in transfer fees

That's bullishit..

The most they will pay is a quid over 40 million in transfer fees
There's definitely a lot of noise on this one, I think that it is legit. Surprising, but legit. Perhaps there is something in the talk about Aubameyang moving on and they're spending before they finalise his sale?

FIFA seriously needs to look at regulating agents and their fee's. £1m is more than enough as a capped figure.

Four over forty million quid players in. If it's a percentage basis it would be weird if we hadn't spent the most on agents fees

There's definitely a lot of noise on this one, I think that it is legit. Surprising, but legit. Perhaps there is something in the talk about Aubameyang moving on and they're spending before they finalise his sale?
Yeh he didn't look happy on the last day of the season and the Europa league final..

Probably asking himself wtf am I doing here... No Champions League Footy.. I left Dortmund for this !!!!

I Would have him in heartbeat. .

I can't see Pepe going to Arsenal though..

Champions League Footy if he goes to Napoli

The question is though if we have made a bid, is he prepared to play second fiddle to our current front 3 ???... Whereas with Napoli he would walk straight into their team

Last edited:
FIFA seriously needs to look at regulating agents and their fee's. £1m is more than enough as a capped figure.
They will start a compulsory membership regulatory licence group which they will receive a percentage of the fees..

They haven't been licensed by FIFA since 2001.. Players' agents are licensed directly by each association..

Agents, surely, should only be allowed to take whatever percentage agreed upon directly from the players they are contracted to represent. It’s completely ridiculous what’s been happening with agents receiving separate multi million pound fees directly from clubs. It’s basically third party ownership.
And how could it possibly be in the best interest of the player? Players in some cases will be told by their agent to go to the club with the highest bid to the agent. That same club might be offering less in wages to the player himself.
Corruption is the only explanation for how this has been allowed to happen, and continue to happen.

Yes, could be a good signing if he manages to adapt to English football.
We were always priced out of a deal. Can't pay 70 mill for someone to sit on the bench.

Last edited:
I had some spare time yesterday and played around with the stats at whoscored.com.
Looked at wing forwards and attacking mids that are u25 in Europe's biggest leagues, France, Germany, Italy, England, Spain.
Two players stuck out...Pepe and Havertz.
Especially Pepe has an almost incredible goal/assist ratio.
So I understand why all those top teams are after the two of them.

I had some spare time yesterday and played around with the stats at whoscored.com.
Looked at wing forwards and attacking mids that are u25 in Europe's biggest leagues, France, Germany, Italy, England, Spain.
Two players stuck out...Pepe and Havertz.
Especially Pepe has an almost incredible goal/assist ratio.
So I understand why all those top teams are after the two of them.

Did you take out the penalty goals? Not quite as impressive without them.

I remember being concerned that one of his compilations was half filled with penalties.

Still, I'd convinced myself he was good and we were signing him.

We're not signing anyone. Huge mistake, IMO.

Klopp should go for Aubayamadingdong then.
As windows go, this is one of the quietest transfers we've seen for a long time. Klopp wants (going by his quote) at least 1 signing. So far it seems Pepe has been the only player we've bid for.
I'd be happy to sell AOC if we can get both Van De Beek and Ziyech... However, they're not on Klopp's list. From what I've seen Klopp has a player in mind and then goes for him, Pepe, was probably the player on that list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom