• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players by Club going to the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this sort of thing quite flies with Mane's Muslim faith?
[article]
Senegal will use witch doctors in an attempt to help Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane, 30, recover from injury in time for the World Cup. (Mail)

[/article]

Not sure this sort of thing quite flies with Mane's Muslim faith?
[article]
Senegal will use witch doctors in an attempt to help Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane, 30, recover from injury in time for the World Cup. (Mail)

[/article]
Kind of a grey area. A lot of Muslims separate between religion and culture. Especially African muslims.

Kind of a grey area. A lot of Muslims separate between religion and culture. Especially African muslims.

This is scary, what if all our victories and accomplishments were because Mane's brothers back home were doing stuff ? I mean he leaves our club and there does not seem to be any shortage of opposition teams that come at - pressing like we use to. It's almost like the hidden element of what use to scare them is gone, and we are reduced to being the pre-Mane Liverpool !!!!

This is scary, what if all our victories and accomplishments were because Mane's brothers back home were doing stuff ? I mean he leaves our club and there does not seem to be any shortage of opposition teams that come at - pressing like we use to. It's almost like the hidden element of what use to scare them is gone, and we are reduced to being the pre-Mane Liverpool !!!!
Could be...

How is it working for Naby?

You've cracked it. I've always wondered how Naby keeps dying and reviving. This season we've got no witch doctors.

Brilliant

You know what - that might be enough for me to secretly support Uruguay for the World Cup.

Secretly, because I’m not sure how the jinxy gods are viewing the World Cup.

I hope an unheralded underdog wins it.

For reference - England isn’t an unheralded underdog… Wales on the other hand….

I guess I should put my JuJu skills to some use.

I remember when I worked on Victoria Island (Lagos) and one day went for a run along Badagry Beach (close to where I lived) - there was a crowd, close to the beached freighter, so I went to see what's up, it seems JuJu was being practiced and as I got close they turned and chased the Oyebo (white man) along the beach for intruding ! Frightened the shit out of me as I ran, for what I assumed, was my life !!

The Opening Post is not editable mate. I assume this is a time issue, whereas all posts become uneditable after X days. *shrugs*

That is because, you are not in the platinum member tier mate. If you are interested, I can PM you a link. I will let you know the monthly rate every month. Just deposit that. Advantages being editable opening posts and extra likes ;).

Last edited:
That is because, you are not in the platinum member tier mate. If you are interested, I can PM you a link. I will let you know the monthly rate every month. Just deposit that. Advantages being editable opening posts and extra likes ;).
Hey Dunk ! Long time no see !!

I guess I should put my JuJu skills to some use.

I remember when I worked on Victoria Island (Lagos) and one day went for a run along Badagry Beach (close to where I lived) - there was a crowd, close to the beached freighter, so I went to see what's up, it seems JuJu was being practiced and as I got close they turned and chased the Oyebo (white man) along the beach for intruding ! Frightened the shit out of me as I ran, for what I assumed, was my life !!

You, @Modo , @bluebell , and @i_rushie - you guys have kind of scared and spooked me out with those responses, hopefully you are taking the piss, but that sort of thing scares me. Many years ago in the early 80's - I had to go back to Bangladesh for an event, was only about 7 or 9 I think. Anyway I lost my watch, was feeling very sad, and my grandad thought "Dont' worry we have methods to find these things...". Then comes these two blokes, and the whole village is excited. The bloke gets out this golden Bowl like thing - you know the sort of thing you have in a Balti Chicken in these days, but this one had no handles. Then one bloke puts is right into it, and the other bloke chants something and blows on his had. Then this happens:

1) The bowl starts to vibrate on its own against the ground with he mans hand in it
2) It starts moving on the ground - with the bloke still with his hand in it - its not dragging him, he is hunched over just following it.
3) Eventually after nearly 6 to 7 mins the bowl goes straight for the local pond and the man is being taken down into it - probably going to drown when the rest of the vilagers are trying to pull him out - takes about 3 blokes before the other geezer comes along and does a chant of some kind and bowl comes out drops from the mans hand.

The whole incident had me traumatized for years as a child - but from what I remember I was told that the bloke was being dragged along the path that the watch was taken to where it was lost, if it had found it on a person then it would go travel to the top of that persons head and start banging on it !!! Fuck me grandad - it was only a £5 watch !!!

You, @Modo , @bluebell , and @i_rushie - you guys have kind of scared and spooked me out with those responses, hopefully you are taking the piss, but that sort of thing scares me. Many years ago in the early 80's - I had to go back to Bangladesh for an event, was only about 7 or 9 I think. Anyway I lost my watch, was feeling very sad, and my grandad thought "Dont' worry we have methods to find these things...". Then comes these two blokes, and the whole village is excited. The bloke gets out this golden Bowl like thing - you know the sort of thing you have in a Balti Chicken in these days, but this one had no handles. Then one bloke puts is right into it, and the other bloke chants something and blows on his had. Then this happens:

1) The bowl starts to vibrate on its own against the ground with he mans hand in it
2) It starts moving on the ground - with the bloke still with his hand in it - its not dragging him, he is hunched over just following it.
3) Eventually after nearly 6 to 7 mins the bowl goes straight for the local pond and the man is being taken down into it - probably going to drown when the rest of the vilagers are trying to pull him out - takes about 3 blokes before the other geezer comes along and does a chant of some kind and bowl comes out drops from the mans hand.

The whole incident had me traumatized for years as a child - but from what I remember I was told that the bloke was being dragged along the path that the watch was taken to where it was lost, if it had found it on a person then it would go travel to the top of that persons head and start banging on it !!! Fuck me grandad - it was only a £5 watch !!!

Jeez
:eek: Did they find the watch ?

Jeez
:eek: Did they find the watch ?
No, the conesus was that whoever took it had dumped it in the pond, probably on hearing what my grandad was planning. You see had thing found on a person, the idea would be that it bang on top of his head until he was dead or the spell is broken. Luckily it never got to that point but the poor seeker bloke who was dragged with the bowl could have drowned in the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom