• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Players we might spunk 50-100m on this summer .. volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Piatek - AC Milan . Spent the first half of the season at Genoa and scored 13 goals for them. Scored two against Napoli on his Milan debut.

Piatek has already name-checked Pippo Inzaghi as a player that inspired him from a young age and, without going over the top, there are similarities between the two in the way they create space and cleverly move off defenders at the right times.

Genoa’s manager Davide Ballardini believes there is much more than just goals to Piatek’s game, though.

“I am struck above all by his generosity towards his team-mates. He holds the ball up, he looks for the pass in behind, he runs, he battles and he’s the first to track back,” Ballardini said of the Polish striker.

In another interview, Ballardini begrudgingly admitted he felt Piatek could become “the complete package” but did not want to invite too much pressure on his star man.

Some have also likened Piatek to Harry Kane, as a striker who doesn’t always look particularly dangerous but is a prolific finisher and someone who always gets into the right spaces.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/en/news/krzysztof-piateks-playing-style-explained/1062747#I8cSlF8LStdX8BUO.99

Aaron Wan-Bissaka , Crystal Palace
We don't really need a right back unless you want to move TAA. But bar the odd mishap like he had against us AWB has had an impressive season. Quick , strong and seems to have a knack for defending

For a young player who is still in the process of learning his trade, Wan-Bissaka’s statistics defy all sense. He is miles ahead at the top of the list of players who have made the most successful tackles this season with 66; the next best is Leicester’s Wilfred Ndidi with 54. That is reflective not just of the frequency of his tackling, but an impressive success rate: he has failed fewer tackles (25) than Cesar Azpilicueta (27), but won 74% more than the Chelsea man’s 38.

Nicolas Pepe, Lille.
23 games, 16 goals and 8 assists. It might Ligue 1 but that's still great for a winger.

Wan-Bissaka has been great, arguably wouldn't improve our first 11 though so I can't see the money going there.

I'd go for the 4th man to rotate with the front 3, your man Werner from Leipzig sounds fast which ticks a big box.

What about the young man we're up against tonight, Declan Rice? Might be an idea if we're thinking of shedding Milner and maybe Lallana in the summer

Wan-Bissaka has been great, arguably wouldn't improve our first 11 though so I can't see the money going there.

I'd go for the 4th man to rotate with the front 3, your man Werner from Leipzig sounds fast which ticks a big box.

What about the young man we're up against tonight, Declan Rice? Might be an idea if we're thinking of shedding Milner and maybe Lallana in the summer

Apparently City are sniffing around him.

There's been a few murmurings coming out of the club saying we're unlikely to spend big this summer, cos we've spent a lot of cash getting our best players signed up to new contracts.

Honigstein seemed to think that we are in the market for a versatile centre half.
I assume that means one that can cover left back in the way Gomez cover on the right

Luka Jovic , Eintracht Frankfurt.
Scored 19 goals in 24 games between the Bundesliga and Europa League. Only 21 years old.

He ended last season with eight goals, four as a sub, in 22 games in the Bundesliga.

"If Luka carries on like this he will be a world class player, he's one of the best in Europe at his age, he can score with his right, his left, his head, he's complete," Kovac responded in admiration.

From 17 goals in all competitions this season, adding five from the Europa League where he is the second top scorer, eight have been with his left, seven on his right and two with his head.

All of that on top of a sky high conversion rate in front of goal at 29.3 percent.

"He's a hunter, he scores four of every five chances," his new coach, Addi Hutter, said.

Team-mate of Lucas Torro
He plays alongside Spaniard Lucas Torro at Eintracht Frankfurt and he could not hide his joy in having such talent in the line-up.

"He's a brilliant striker, he's not the typical number nine, he's more mobile," the former Real Madrid, Real Oviedo and Osasunamidfielder said.

"He has some spectacular features: it seems he's not quick, but he is, he's strong, technically very good, scores and fights a lot.

"He has enormous potential."

Those complements are echoed by another experienced player in ex-Milan midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng, who now plays for Sassuolo having left Frankfurt.

"He has football in his blood, he's a street player who has a smell for goal," Boatengsaid.

"You have to be careful, but he has what it takes to be a world class star," said his coach Addi Hutter.

Jovic's highlight this season undoubtedly came against Fortuna Dusseldorf, where he scored five goals in a single game to become the youngest player ever to do so.

"I haven't managed that since I was 12-years-old," Jovic joked after the game speaking to Bild.

"I believe in my abilities, but I didn't think this year would be so good.

There's been a few murmurings coming out of the club saying we're unlikely to spend big this summer, cos we've spent a lot of cash getting our best players signed up to new contracts.

Makes sense but we're desperately thin in some areas.

Hopefully we can find a few more Salahs and Robertsons.

I want a new cb. Break the bank for one. We need one alongside VVD, and more importantly, if VVD gets injured...

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been awesome. Fast, consistent yeah I'd take him in a flash and not only as backup to TAA, he's a better defender and we can all see that TAA may move gradually into midfield. It would be great to have options.

Dolberg, de Ligt & Eriksen

Maybe Højbjerg as well though he’ll come cheaper (£30M).

Allison, TAA, Virgil, de Ligt, Robertson, Højbjerg, Wijnaldum, Eriksen, Mane, Salah, Dolberg

We’ll be like the AC Milan of old only with three amazing Danes to boot alongside the three amazing Dutchmen..

*dreamy eyes*

Need to spend some money on a no.10 and a striker.
Not sure on the CB front as if Gomez could ever stay fit, he'd be perfect with Virgil, and the worlds best defender and matip as backup. But what are the chances of him staying fit. Same problem to some extent with the strikers, if all the front 3 are fit and in some sort of form, I couldn't see Klopp wanting anyone but a bench warmer. Defo need someone that can create and pick a pass from midfield as we've got fuck all.

There will probably be a few experienced guys making way this summer and nobody is cheap to replace these days. I think we'll need to spend just to keep experience and options in the squad.

Aren't Sturridge, Milner and Moreno out of contract? I'd say there's a fair chance of Lallana and Origi going too.

3 out for nothing, that's probably 50m right there in replacements and we might not have improved the first choice XI. I'd love a summer of little activity but it seems like the club has to spend, maybe they'll feel a little more comfortable doing so if things go the right way this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom