• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll [POLL] Who'd you rather?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who'd you rather?

• Frank De Boer

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Benitez

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Ranieri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lippi

• Souness

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Martin O'Neill

• Roy Keane

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we grab Malky Mackay from Wigan.. Just cos.

We're already a joke, why not excel in that.

De Boer is exactly where he should be. He's a manager who is used to building a team, then losing half of it to bigger clubs, then looking around and recruiting cheaper options, then building another team, then losing half of it, etc etc. Exactly what Southampton need (in fact, an inspired appointment by them). Not what we need.

Klopp has at least won things - something I always said was important for anyone who is a candidate for a club of this stature. You just cannot learn on the job at LFC - it's too intense, too urgent an environment.

If Klopp won't come I think we need to stick with Brendan but FSG need to work with him to get us out of this mess. The era of being monitored half-heartedly from Boston is well and truly over.

De Boer is exactly where he should be. He's a manager who is used to building a team, then losing half of it to bigger clubs, then looking around and recruiting cheaper options, then building another team, then losing half of it, etc etc. Exactly what Southampton need (in fact, an inspired appointment by them). Not what we need.

Klopp has at least won things - something I always said was important for anyone who is a candidate for a club of this stature. You just cannot learn on the job at LFC - it's too intense, too urgent an environment.

If Klopp won't come I think we need to stick with Brendan but FSG need to work with him to get us out of this mess. The era of being monitored half-heartedly from Boston is well and truly over.
Frank de Boer is at Ajax. Ronald Koeman is at Southampton. The building the team and then selling bit applies to both of them, mind. Frank will probably end up at Barca.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Boston is a bit busy at the moment trying to sign Pablo "Kung Fu Panda" Sandoval for 5 years 95 million.

Frank de Boer is at Ajax. Ronald Koeman is at Southampton. The building the team and then selling bit applies to both of them, mind. Frank will probably end up at Barca.

Gah, yes, thanks, serves me right for hurrying things. I meant that de Boer, like Koeman, is suited to that culture where you keep rebuilding. In the premier league it is a fine fit at somewhere like Southampton, where Koeman has done brilliantly, but I can't see it working at a supposedly top club.

Gah, yes, thanks, serves me right for hurrying things. I meant that de Boer, like Koeman, is suited to that culture where you keep rebuilding. In the premier league it is a fine fit at somewhere like Southampton, where Koeman has done brilliantly, but I can't see it working at a supposedly top club.
It's not as if their ability to rebuild and find targets that fit their system comes at a detriment to other facets of management, is it?

If we cannot get Klopp then Benitez..

Our only chance of qualifying for the Champions league will be to win the Europa League..

His presence alone will be a lift to the fans and players. He will also bring Stability..

1 an 1/2 year contract.

He did it with Chelsea he can certainly do it with us..

It's not as if their ability to rebuild and find targets that fit their system comes at a detriment to other facets of management, is it?

No but I don't see any evidence that they can go beyond those expectations. The odd nose-bleed high level spell like Southampton are currently enjoying, yes, but all the time? No, I don't think so.

I think you're right macca. It's imperative that if we replace Rodgers it's as measured a gamble as possible.

That means someone who has won things, with a solid track record & someone who is familiar with playing in Europe too.

It doesn't guarantee success, but removes a shitload of risk.

If we cannot get Klopp then Benitez..

Our only chance of qualifying for the Champions league will be to win the Europa League..

His presence alone will be a lift to the fans and players. He will also bring Stability..

1 an 1/2 year contract.

He did it with Chelsea he can certainly do it with us..

Oh yes, there is no 'rip' between the fans vs Rafa ... Come on man.

I think you're right macca. It's imperative that if we replace Rodgers it's as measured a gamble as possible.

That means someone who has won things, with a solid track record & someone who is familiar with playing in Europe too.

It doesn't guarantee success, but removes a shitload of risk.
Rafa.. 1 & 1/2 year contract.. job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom