• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poor Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, are we ready for Suarez inevitable departure next Summer if we don't finish top 4? Hard as it is to admit it, if the owners are NOT investing like other clubs in a TOP 4 ambition, is there any point in players like him (from their perspective) hanging around?

I have to admit it, the current path is very long term. I am having some faith issues, in the project right now.

It's possible for him to have loved this club but not enough to spend the rest of his career in the Europa League.

He clearly became disillusioned with the owners and management and decided to move on for the sake of his career. It's not nice like seeing him at another club, especially at a club like Chelsea, but I don't dislike him any more. Nor do i think he was lying to us throughout his time here. The club was clearly a total mess. Benitez was losing it. H&G were fucking gobshites. Hodgson was the replacement. Then he was replaced by someone who hadn't managed in over a decade. Alonso, Arbeloa, Yossi, Mascherano had all got better moves It was clear even then that we were going to need two to three years to get back into the Champions League and he decided to bail.

Fair enough. If your hearts not in it any more then there's the door. Very little of the hostility shown to Torres goes to other players who chose to move on.​

Except when Kenny came in mid Jan he said in an interview how he was happy, not going, and looking forward to working with him, only to fuck off leaving us in the lurch with 36 hours to find a replacement. Money talks of course and we are a cynical bunch here so not taken in by the kissing the badge loving the city bollocks, but he could have given Kenny a chance until the end of the season - Chelsea were hardly pulling up trees at the time !

I wonder if we're missing something here. We're discussing this as though it was all Torres' idea, whereas I wouldn't be remotely surprised if his agents and the Chavs were pouring poison into his lughole for some time before he actually jumped ship. The money they would have been promising turned his head, whereas I don't think his heart was ever really in the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom