• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Positives from this season

3?

Endo, macca...?

I can't call szob a success yet as he started well, but got injured and then looks a ghost of himself.
Gravy: Just no

Who else?

Edit: it's Ange isn't it?
Ha ha. I think for his first season in English football and coming into a brand new midfield Dom has done well. Not as good as the other two but I feel like people expected too much after a strong start. Overall a very good first season imo.

I do agree that VVD was better this season, which was a plus, I think towards the end of the season he started to look tired though and he's going into another season a year older next year. I think with that in mind and the state of Konate (often injured, often looks sluggish and unfit), we need to invest badly in a centre half or two. Quansah has been great and will hopefully push on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if VVD forced a move this Summer, but we'll see.

I do agree that VVD was better this season, which was a plus, I think towards the end of the season he started to look tired though and he's going into another season a year older next year. I think with that in mind and the state of Konate (often injured, often looks sluggish and unfit), we need to invest badly in a centre half or two. Quansah has been great and will hopefully push on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if VVD forced a move this Summer, but we'll see.

i don' t think vvd will force a move, but i can see levels dropping a little bit more. Then maybe in 2025 summer he might push for a move

I was having a sniff through the various 23/34 Seasons expectations threads - and were pretty much exactly where we hoped to be given last season and the midfield rebuild.

Comfortably in CL positions
In contention for title up to Easter
Won League Cup
Q/F of FA Cup
Q/F of Europa League

Greatly improved on last season, but not back to our absolute best.

The most disappointing thing has, apart from Klopp announcing he’s leaving, been the results against other Top 6 teams - only one win against Villa - that right there is what hurt us - we played well enough to beat Arsenal, City & Utd at home and Utd away - that right there is the difference between us winning and losing the league.

We’ve played shit, but also some wonderful stuff and we showed great resilience to come back from conceding time and time again.

It’s disappointing because up until the wheels came off against Utd in the Cup we were still on it.

Disappointing, but we’re probably where we actually should be th in relation to City & Arsenal.

Numerous players didn’t kick on after injuries, a couple flattered but ultimately failed to hit the consistent high quality we needed.

Vanilla with some sprinkles is how I’d describe the season.

Back
Top Bottom