• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (h) - Sat - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you needed any more reason to sack off xG, it was 3.2 today.

I dunno, I think we had a bunch of luck today. Elliott and Trent's goals were long shots(literally), Firminos first was a badly deflected cross and the second a big mistake from the keeper, there was an OG too. That's five that could easily have gone the other way. On the other side Salah should probably have had two as well.

I dunno, I think we had a bunch of luck today. Elliott and Trent's goals were long shots(literally), Firminos first was a badly deflected cross and the second a big mistake from the keeper, there was an OG too. That's five that could easily have gone the other way. On the other side Salah should probably have had two as well.
His misses were BAD

Special mention for Bobby, there was a huge element of luck in the ricochet from the cross, but he reacted brilliantly. What a finish, he was top class yesterday. Everyone was, I was a bit annoyed with Carvalho's antics though, great player and he definitely makes a difference, but we need to knock that nonsense out of him.

If you are ever in E. London with mates, check out some of the Chicken and Chip shops, the foods is very good and its so kind to your wallet. For £25 I had biryani, dhaal, naga wings, doner kebab and a gourmet burger with 2 drinks and water.
The one I went to is Stroudley Grill in Bow.... not too far from the London Stadium. Near Stepney Green Station there is a few. The good ones will always be busy
This is the menu with the prices
http://www.stroudley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/menu.pdf

menu looks tasty
must try that place ! :)

Special mention for Bobby, there was a huge element of luck in the ricochet from the cross, but he reacted brilliantly. What a finish, he was top class yesterday. Everyone was, I was a bit annoyed with Carvalho's antics though, great player and he definitely makes a difference, but we need to knock that nonsense out of him.

On an unrelated note, I watched the Chelsea Leicester extended highlights last night. You were right about Tielemans. Gifted player but I highly doubt he will survive in a Klopp midfield. We might end up in a Shaqiri situation where Klopp just ends up not playing him unless there is no option available.

I mean he was also up against Mané for a starting place and Mané was obviously miles better.
When shaqiri played it was normally on the right ... with the one big exception, Barcelona. So he was up against Salah

I always find it weird when our own supporters try to downcry our performance/goals.

Not many blame the keeper for ANY of the goals.
How can cracking goals from distance, that give the keeper no chance, be considered as "could easily have gone the other way". Do you say that about all goals scored from outside the box?
Firmino's ; so what? I'd guess 25% of all goals have some form of deflections in them in some form or another (comes off a defender - leg, arm, head - into the path of a striker, strikes a defender to send the keeper the wrong way or loops over him etc.). Bobby was the most alert and took it well. It wasn't a lucky finish.
There are also plenty of OGs - most are forced in that the defender has to get a foot on it otherwise it could easily be a goal - this was the only goal of ours that had an element of luck because Diaz would have been given offside had the defender left/missed it and Diaz scored.

Of course we had some luck. There's luck in every game of football. Play that game 100 times we probably score on average 4 goals/game. But so what? Enjoy the one we scored 9!

Luck? We scored NINE.

There's always elements of luck in football. Bobby's first goal is testament to that. Any other day that ball ricochets to the keeper, our out for a corner. Other days, Diaz might be called as offside for the oggy.

They deserved a humping, but we were clinical as all fuck, and the ball fell to us nicely at times

I always find it weird when our own supporters try to downcry our performance/goals.

Not many blame the keeper for ANY of the goals.
How can cracking goals from distance, that give the keeper no chance, be considered as "could easily have gone the other way". Do you say that about all goals scored from outside the box?
Firmino's ; so what? I'd guess 25% of all goals have some form of deflections in them in some form or another (comes off a defender - leg, arm, head - into the path of a striker, strikes a defender to send the keeper the wrong way or loops over him etc.). Bobby was the most alert and took it well. It wasn't a lucky finish.
There are also plenty of OGs - most are forced in that the defender has to get a foot on it otherwise it could easily be a goal - this was the only goal of ours that had an element of luck because Diaz would have been given offside had the defender left/missed it and Diaz scored.

I wasn't downplaying performance, it was directly answering the question of why xG was so low for the game.

Of course we had some luck. There's luck in every game of football. Play that game 100 times we probably score on average 4 goals/game. But so what? Enjoy the one we scored 9!

Yep, pretty much.

And it works both ways. Fernandes could have easily whacked the ball into his own net rather than hitting the other United player

There's always elements of luck in football. Bobby's first goal is testament to that. Any other day that ball ricochets to the keeper, our out for a corner. Other days, Diaz might be called as offside for the oggy.

Ok then, 7-0

A look inside and outside the ground on a match day, Liverpool 9-0 Bournemouth including some footage and views of the new Anfield Road end being built.

Please subscribe to me to see future games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom