• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (A) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milner's days as stand-in LB are surely just about over, so unless we do go and get cover for Robertson, it might be worth trying Williams there in the odd game, especially to begin with as sub if we're doing well. It didn't do the likes of Carra any harm playing on the left in his early days, and if Williams does okay there it would speed up his development while TAA continues down the right.

Anyway, for this game I'd start with a pretty much full strength side. Brighton are fairly confident at present, they're quite a solid unit at home and I think we need to approach this aswe would've done pre-title and begin with the best. If they do the business in the first half then in the second half Shaq owes us a shift (or twenty), Curtis Jones deserves another 30-40 minutes, Elliott could also figure, Williams could get more time and I'd like to see Origi get a boot up the bum and be told to go out there and show he's better than his critics think.
It would be amazing if Williams could simply become a RB/LB cover. He has a great right foot but I'm curious if he could use his left. Mind you, I don't remember Milner finding it too much of an issue to cut in and use his right anyway

I think Williams, Jones and Keita all deserve a start. Elliott will probably get a run at some stage having signed a new contract. The best way to bring going players into the team seems to be by surrounding them with regulars who will be able to guide them and cover for their mistakes, so its important not to have too many inexperienced players at one time. You dont want Williams - Jones and Elliott all lining up on the right as that would make that side an obvious target for oppoenents.

------------------Allison
Trent -- Gomez -- VvD --Williams
----Jones -- Hendo -- Keita
Mo-------- Firmino --------Mané

If we get a couple of goals up then start rotating the likes of Origi, Ox, Minamino, Lovren and Shaq in to keep the first XI fresh for the next match.

David James

Unrelated but can someone tell me what he said about wearing an Everton top:

Last edited:
If you want them to appear you've got to say their name three times while looking in the mirror.

I can actually picture Ryan saying his own name while looking in the mirror.

Can definitely picture him looking in the mirror, that's for sure.

Unrelated but can someone tell me what he said about the wearing an Everton top:

Used to go to the Vernon Sangster (an old sports centre) and train with an Everton top on.

It's quite a well-known story, I think. Showed up to Liverpool trials in an Everton kit apparently.

Was still an Everton while he was playing for us, until he went to a Bluenose pub one day and all the Evertonians were taking the piss out of him apparently.

I always think it's strange how die-hard Reds/Blues/whatever can switch their allegiances. Liking both clubs could be possible, but growing to despise the team you spent your life supporting? I can't imagine that.

Nah, I don't think so. He might want them to do okay, but he still wants Liverpool to beat them every time.

Used to go to the Vernon Sangster (an old sports centre) and train with an Everton top on.

It's quite a well-known story, I think. Showed up to Liverpool trials in an Everton kit apparently.

Was still an Everton while he was playing for us, until he went to a Bluenose pub one day and all the Evertonians were taking the piss out of him apparently.

I always think it's strange how die-hard Reds/Blues/whatever can switch their allegiances. Liking both clubs could be possible, but growing to despise the team you spent your life supporting? I can't imagine that.

I heard a version he went the Solly on Knowsley Road (his dads local) after a derby. It was a feisty derby and he got tonnes of shit some aggressive. From them he had a fuck you attitude to the shite and blue noses.

I heard a version he went the Solly on Knowsley Road (his dads local) after a derby. It was a feisty derby and he got tonnes of shit some aggressive. From them he had a fuck you attitude to the shite and blue noses.

Yeah think I've heard him mention the stuff Blues would say about the likes of Fowler and Gerrard's family, too.

They’re just Neanderthal cunts.

Every fanbase has their divvies, but add in decades of mediocrity (at best) while your rivals are incredibly successful and things can get toxic.

Man City fans is a whole new phenomena, though, that I can't really explain.

That said, you can generally tell an Everton fan just by looking at them.

Nah, I don't think so. He might want them to do okay, but he still wants Liverpool to beat them every time.
I read his book a few years back and he said that he still has an attachment to the Everton of his youth, but can't stand what they've become since. Felt a bit like trying to please both sets of fans at first but you only need to see him on Derby day to know he can't stand what they are now, so at least the second part of his argument holds water.

OK, Origi can leave now, Rhian has got Bobby's back.
Scored again...

Jones.. bit too early in the day for him to be a starter..

He is best as impact sub from the bench, when opposition players are knackered..

Regards

Jeremy Corbyn

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Williams, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Milner, Mane, Minamino, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Elliott.

As I suspected Williams starts and Mané is rested. Obviously Williams at left back. I mean you'd pretty much nullify Trent if you played him on the right.
Really hope we get to see something else from Oxlade playing on the wing. He's been terrible in that position so far.

Will be Neco LB, have Van Dijk to protect that side.

Thought this might be a game for Jones or Elliot to start rather than Ox. But with Neco in, I can see why they've gone for experience on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom