• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Liverpool vs Chelsea (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clyne to start, with TAA in front of him, with Milner taking a rest, for me... Won't happen, but I'd like to see it.

Clyne to start, with TAA in front of him, with Milner taking a rest, for me... Won't happen, but I'd like to see it.
Biggest fear is something bad happens to Hendo. As long as all our players come out of this game without any serious injuries then its as good as a win.

Chelsea provisional squad: Courtois, Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Kante, Barkley, Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Bakayoko, Moses, Giroud, Zappacosta, Willian, Cahill, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Palmieri, Eduardo.

Liverpool provisional squad: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mane, Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Woodburn, Solanke, Ings.

Alonso was banned retrospectively for three matches for violent conduct against Southampton.
Midfielder Danny Drinkwater is available following a groin injury but has been left out for the last two games.
However central defenders and long-term absentees David Luiz (knee) and Ethan Ampadu (ankle) remain out of action.

Alonso missing is huge. A massive bonus for us.

Our RB vs. Hazard is going to be a key tussle, as is Rudiger vs. Mo and Giroud vs. VvD.

Chelsea provisional squad: Courtois, Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Kante, Barkley, Morata, Hazard, Pedro, Bakayoko, Moses, Giroud, Zappacosta, Willian, Cahill, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Palmieri, Eduardo.

Liverpool provisional squad: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mane, Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Woodburn, Solanke, Ings.

Alonso was banned retrospectively for three matches for violent conduct against Southampton.
Midfielder Danny Drinkwater is available following a groin injury but has been left out for the last two games.
However central defenders and long-term absentees David Luiz (knee) and Ethan Ampadu (ankle) remain out of action.

Alonso missing is huge. A massive bonus for us.
Didn't realise he was banned for being a snide. Is right. Who comes in? Emerson? Salah will know him and ideally take advantage of him and rudiger

Didn't realise he was banned for being a snide. Is right. Who comes in? Emerson? Salah will know him and ideally take advantage of him and rudiger
Can't see anyone else unless they go with a CB or CM out of position. Emerson has just 5 starts this season so asking him to go up against Mo would be massive ask. Drinkwater ?

Alonso is back for this game. The FA cup game counted as one of his suspension games.

We're losing this one. Which will make Brighton a nailbiter. We don't do easy.

Probably watching this one with a mate who supports Chelsea. Great....
We'll lose. Then Chelsea will drop points against Huddersfield on Wednesday & we can all relax next Sunday

That said, per our tradition of always coming to the last match of the season, my son & I are coming over for the Brighton match. Last year was the only time anything was really riding on it (*), and as such was the most enjoyable/satisfying of last matches (in hindsight) made better by the lad choosing Gini as first scorer ... another tradition he seems to have an uncanny knack of getting right. So losing tomorrow and then winning next weekend will, in a perverse way, be a good thing, if the ticker can take it

(*) we were there for the Newcastle match in the 13/14 season, but that relied on a long shot of City losing to have any real meaning, and that thin hope ended about 20 minutes into the match

Im driving to Skegness to take the kids to the seaside. Will be in a pub for the match

The general consensus is that we will not win this game - usually when we all think like that on an away visit to Chelsea we come back with a victory. I hoping that will be the case this time round - and I genuinely think the most we can expect is a draw with a loss being the more probable outcome of this game.

Liverpool
Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Gini,Alexander-Arnold,Salah, Firmino, Mané.
Subs: Mignolet, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Ings, Solanke, Woodburn

Chelsea
Courtois, Moses, Rudiger, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Hazard, Giroud.
Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Emerson, Barkley, Pedro, Willian

Last edited:
Bakayoko should get confused by our press, and i fancy bobby to pull Cahill all over the shop

Just depends if we've got the energy level

Liverpool
Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mané.

Chelsea
Courtois, Moses, Rudiger, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Fabregas, Hazard, Giroud.

Loving the double Milner

Liverpool
Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mané.

Chelsea
Have we got 2 Milners then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom