• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Man Utd vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Man Utd vs Liverpool: Premier League

Date, kick-off time

8pm kick-off time on Monday Aug 22, 2022.

Where to watch Man Utd vs Liverpool

In the UK, the fixture will be shown on both Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Premier League. In the UAE, fans will be able to view the fixture on beIN SPORTS CONNECT.
The USA will broadcast the game on NBC, and for those viewing in the Indian subcontinent, the match will be on Star Sports Select HD 1 & Star Sports 3 Asia.
Highlights of the fixture will be available on Sky Sports’ YouTube channel after the game, with MUTV showing a full replay at 00:00 BST.

Let's do this.

I respect the change from brizzle.

I think we're gonna lose, hendo and fab get injured and we take over as the league's crisis club

Agreed - cannot see us winning, and if we do, we will come out worse because of more injuries. I can only see the following options up front and in midfield:

Diaz - Bobby/Carvalho - Salah

Midfield:

Milner/Fab/Henderson/Elliot

So we are pretty limited - that is how bad it is.

Forecast we lose 1-0, or 2-1

Outcome: Everyone thinks we are in crisis, but United Manager gets to stay in his job for another 20 games because of the victory over us, but they fuck up all their other games and become relegation candidates.

People acting like we've got a forward in any kind of form. Arguably Diaz, who is very hit and miss for end product anyway

Its a good thing you guys arent doing the pre game chat with the players. Fucking hell what a joyful bunch.

Think this will be tight but hopefully we can exploit the turmoil and unrest in the stands as well as Utd being all over the place tactics wise.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Keita

Salah Firmino Diaz

Keita only in because he's currently the best option for LCM. Hendo will start and must be RCM.
Gomez starting will hopefully help us keep a clean sheet.

Its a good thing you guys arent doing the pre game chat with the players. Fucking hell what a joyful bunch.

Think this will be tight but hopefully we can exploit the turmoil and unrest in the stands as well as Utd being all over the place tactics wise.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Keita

Salah Firmino Diaz

Keita only in because he's currently the best option for LCM. Hendo will start and must be RCM.
Gomez starting will hopefully help us keep a clean sheet.

Keita won't be selected - he will be on the bench for show - "Look we got options ... NOT"

I'm here for this. I've had a bad start. I'll earn my place back.

So this is game 1 of our 'transition season' - are we going to use the season to bed in the next generation of our team or are we going to play those in the twilight (Millie) or those who shouldn't be in the squad (Nat)?

I'd like to see Elliot against United but looks like he & Hendo can only play in one part of the pitch and not co-exist which is problematic. If they could both start that would be ideal.

Alisson
Trent Matip VVD Robbo
Fabs
Hendo Naby (if he's alive)
Salah Bobby Diaz

If Bobby isn't fit I would expect Carvalho to start and for Diaz & Salah to rotate through the middle.

*we are proper shit and they should batter us even if they play Jay Spearing up front

I'd rather start an untested Fabio at LCM than that shithouse keita

Yeah, we're not gonna start Carvalho as LCM. Dont think Hendo can play there either, at least not very effectively.

I'd be tempted to play Salah in the middle. Simply because lately Firmino is guaranteed to play shite. Play Harvey on the right of the front 3 in a roaming role.

Diaz needs to play on the left so he can come in onto his right foot.

imagine if klopp went crazy and used another formation....that would be the day
I think the players are too thick to adapt without preseason. Once Nūnez got dismissed, l saw Diaz and Elliott play some “unscripted” football, and for the first since the opening spell, Palace was collectively ruffled. We lack that in our play— the ability to do the unexpected.

Last edited:
-----------------------Diaz---------------------------
----Carvalho------------------------Salah---------
------------Keita----------------Elliott------------------
-------------------Henderson-------------------------
----Robbo---VVD--------Gomez-----Trent----------
---------------------Allison-----------------------------

Difficult to know what's going on with injuries at the minute, but I'd be looking to mix it up a bit. Keita only starts it he's looking sharp and fit in training. If so he's the best option there. Hag will have them passing it out, so it's a game for our best pressers. Fabinho has not impressed this season, so if Henderson can provide more effective screening and ball progression. It's going to need some work on the training ground whatever we do, but that's how I'd line up for it.

Klopp will likely starts Fabs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom