• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Back to back home games with the chance to carry on the epic atmosphere from yesterday.

I think we’ll see same system again but personnel dependent on injuries. Will Konate return, will Trent go to RB or will Klopp try him RW like he did at the end of yesterday? If Konate was fit i think we’d try Gomez at RB and Trent at RW.

I predict this but i don’t like Thiago playing 2 90 min games a week as he’s so fragile & important.

Ali

Trent
Gomez
Virgil
Robbo

Hendo
Thiago

Elliot
Salah
Bobby
Nunez

@Brizzle was just out of form and needed a spell on the bench. @bluebell has deputised well this last week, but Daddy is back now.

We needed to sell Brizzle while he was at peak value so that we could sign lots of new up-and-coming posters to replace our current posters - they’re too old and don’t have the fingers for typing anymore!!!!

Mark my words - we’ll never get higher in the Google rankings until we make changes!!!

Last edited:
This is a huge match against tough enough opponents. Win (as we should) at home and we might just believe that we’ve turned a corner prior to the early kick off on Saturday away to a vulnerable Forest side.

We have to go full strength to build on yesterday and rotate only where fitness / recovery is an issue.

By the time City next play in the league (home to Brighton), we could be just 4 points behind them…

Back to back home games with the chance to carry on the epic atmosphere from yesterday.

I think we’ll see same system again but personnel dependent on injuries. Will Konate return, will Trent go to RB or will Klopp try him RW like he did at the end of yesterday? If Konate was fit i think we’d try Gomez at RB and Trent at RW.

I predict this but i don’t like Thiago playing 2 90 min games a week as he’s so fragile & important.

Ali

Trent
Gomez
Virgil
Robbo

Hendo
Thiago

Elliot
Salah
Bobby
Nunez

Here the thing we will get with Trent at RW. He would be great going forward, but you will get the same thing in the defensive side of his play... He will not bust a gut to track back to help in defence. So the RB will have no real cover and the right sided CB will be pulled out of position and there will be a knock on effect through tout the back line. So for me TAA at RW...? NO

Here the thing we will get with Trent at RW. He would be great going forward, but you will get the same thing in the defensive side of his play... He will not bust a gut to track back to help in defence. So the RB will have no real cover and the right sided CB will be pulled out of position and there will be a knock on effect through tout the back line. So for me TAA at RW...? NO
I think maybe it's time to start considering moving him up to the Hendo role. I know, I and others have been harping about it for some time, but for it or not, Trent doesn't even seem to enjoy playing at RB anymore.

Last edited:
I think maybe it's time to start considering moving him up to the Hendo role. I know, I and others have been harping about it for some time but for or not, Trent doesn't even seem to enjoy playing at RB anymore.

Thinks that he sees himself as part of the front three

Thiago has been bang average since he came back about three games ago.
So I am not too worried if he has to rest a bit.

---------------Alisson-------------
Milner--Gomez-VVD-Robbo
-------------Fabinho------------
------Trent-----------Thiago--
--Elliott----Salah----Nunez-

---------------Alisson-------------
Milner--Gomez-VVD-Robbo
-------------Fabinho------------
------Trent-----------Thiago--
--Elliott----Salah----Nunez-

Two things, Milner probably can't play two games in a row.
Nunez is useless but even more so on the wing.

Young Nunez:

forrest.jpg

Nunez has played LW and can, as he showed yesterday, so can cover for Bobby there whilst spending more time up front when feasible but when Carvalho comes on Nunez then pushes more central.

-----------------Alisson-------------

Trent -- Gomez -- VvD -- Robbo

--------- Fabinho -- Thiago

--------- Elliott ---- Firmino (sub. Carvalho)

--------- Salah----Nunez

Two things, Milner probably can't play two games in a row.
Nunez is useless but even more so on the wing.

I agree about Milner, the issue for me is Trent being the "only" option and reverting to type. I'd rather play Milner for one more game and see how the Trent experiment goes. If anything, having Elliott, Milner and Trent on that side gives us extra solidity.

As for Nunez, well he's played there before, I'd rather (again) continue with the "Salah up top" experiment and see if that helps his form more. We don't have many options on the right (or left now), that's the big issue really, but I want Salah to score goals, and in a game and a bit of playing more up top, he's scored more goals. It would be daft to revert back.

Konate back in contention for this?

Worrying how light we are in attack now with Jota & Diaz out. I felt we needed one more in the summer after Mane Origi Taki all left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom