• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Predictions thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got a point about the Arse's squad - Cech will help a lot, but their defence as a whole doesn't really convince me and they need someone up front scoring more goals than Giroud, who should be a squaddie in a team with their level of ambition.

That said, the question whether we'll get 4th, let alone 3rd, is another one altogether. We have enough quality, but will we make it count?

If it funny almost every season people think Arsenal will be great this year but they almost always don't live up to expectations.

Having said that I think they will be strong this season ☺

Not as funny as spending 150 million last summer without selling anyone and still finishing behind them eh?

- This season will be the decline of John Terry as he starts making more high profile mistakes
- Can will take longer than we think to become a first teamer in DM
- Firmino will be a surprise package up in attack for us
- We will do the double over United

- This season will be the decline of John Terry as he starts making more high profile mistakes

Sorry, don't buy it. The CBs are very well protected by Matic - and it's not like Cesc/Willian/Hazard don't track back constantly to lessen the pressure on the back 4. He'll still be good unfortunately, and with Courtois in goal, most of the mistakes will go for 0 too.

I predict that if anyone refers to that like chipmunk looking prick Fabregas as 'Cesc' I will hit ignore so hard my keyboard will explode.

Sterling will be a steal for city (scored 2 minutes into his debut already) and United will finish 3rd above Arsenal, we'll finish 5th/6th

I predict people will make lots of predictions based on meaningless pre season friendlies. And they'll turn out to be wrong

I predict people will make lots of predictions based on meaningless pre season friendlies. And they'll turn out to be wrong

Exactly. Too many changes have been made to have a really good idea how the team will play. Firmino's yet to play, as is Benteke. It's a case of wait and see.

Exactly. Too many changes have been made to have a really good idea how the team will play. Firmino's yet to play, as is Benteke. It's a case of wait and see.

The best we can hope for is that we score goals for fun with the new attack, and Sturridge comes back fit and raring to go too. We'll still ship a ridiculous amount of goals because we have a shit defence and no protection from midfield. It'll be Rodgers the gun-slinger once again trying to outscore the opposition. For his sake, it'd better work. Having said that the transfer window is open for a long time yet. So who knows who might leave/come in still.

Sorry, don't buy it. The CBs are very well protected by Matic - and it's not like Cesc/Willian/Hazard don't track back constantly to lessen the pressure on the back 4. He'll still be good unfortunately, and with Courtois in goal, most of the mistakes will go for 0 too.

True - I just think with CBs declines happen quite rapidly. E.g. Vidic, Kompany. But you're right that he is surrounded by quality - great CB partner, world class DM and world class GK.

The best we can hope for is that we score goals for fun with the new attack, and Sturridge comes back fit and raring to go too. We'll still ship a ridiculous amount of goals because we have a shit defence and no protection from midfield. It'll be Rodgers the gun-slinger once again trying to outscore the opposition. For his sake, it'd better work. Having said that the transfer window is open for a long time yet. So who knows who might leave/come in still.

Even if we're not firing we need to really ease Sturridge back this time if we want to protect him for the long term. Poor fella is made of glass. Handful of sub appearances and 60 mins in Europa league games for the first few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom